Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Did any of them join?
    Yes, but it's an aborted arc, as it was Bendis's last issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really wish marvel would use some of these in a team book. At least some are in the lego avengers game.

They created characters? I read the first few and they were all pre-existing so I just assumed they ha enough IP to assign 50 existing ones.

Kind of bummed my state got Iron Man now .... I wouldn't have liked to have seen an original hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Gauntlet works for Sunset Bain in the newest issue of Tony Stark: Iron Man.
    That's disappointing.
    After ATI, I was hoping he would become a better man and maybe quit the army and become a super hero.
    Instead, he's even worse than before: working as a goon for a rotten weapon maker.

I want to hope that he'll be relevant in future Iron Man issues, but things look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    They created characters? I read the first few and they were all pre-existing so I just assumed they ha enough IP to assign 50 existing ones.

Kind of bummed my state got Iron Man now .... I wouldn't have liked to have seen an original hero.
    We weren't talking about the U.S.Avengers #1 variant covers. The 50 State Initiative is a thing from Bendis's Avengers run.

https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/50-Sta...ve_(Earth-616)
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Didn't they all die fighting the Skrulls? (Yeti survived, but if I recall, he's also dead.)

Sandy Hausler
    If I am remembering right the only characters that survived that mini were Yankee Clipper, Pixie, and Markris. YC because he was thrown forward in time and the other two because they are Eternals.

I really thought the 50 Sytate Initiative would result in lesser known characters getting more screen time. Alas, that was not to be.

Peace

They didn't really abandon a bunch of characters they only create a few Armory, Cloud 9, Trauma , MVP, Hardball, Komodo,etc and the Order. Everybody else is B,C,D tier characters that Marvel has hanging around. The Initiative was a good concept for the universe I would have love to see how it matured but Secret Invasion kill that chance and they never went back to set up even though it make sense today.

Bring them back! Showcase each team in a Marvel Spotlight book!

Some of the Liberteens are back in Fantastic Four.
    But I don't expect them to get some development. Probably bad guys of the day or redshirt treatment.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1029405320257449984

You realise Slott created these guys, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You realise Slott created these guys, right?
    Yes, and he stopped caring about them as soon as he got to write the big names.
    Gauntlet came back in Iron Man, but instead of being relevant, he was just a bodyguard for a rotten CEO

They didn't appear after Secret Invasion because they weren't relevant to Spider-Man, which Slott took over around that time. Probably brought them back now because 2-D has similar powers to Reed's.

We didn't even learn their real names, though the blonde girl needs a new name as she was known as Miss America and she's clearly no longer wearing the stars and stripes, probably ditched the identity when Chavez showed up.