Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wow. The x-gene is equally dispersed across all human populations. The majority of people on Earth are Asian, with China and India alone accounting for close to 3 billion. So yeah, the majority of mutants should be Asian.
    Well, and who is to say there isn't a bunch of Indian and Chinese mutants in the world. They're just not featured in the X-Men. And considering China's tight hold on letting information out - I wouldn't be surprised in this fictional world of Marvel comics, if they wanted to - say that China was keeping their mutants as weapons.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Well, and who is to say there isn't a bunch of Indian and Chinese mutants in the world. They're just not featured in the X-Men. And considering China's tight hold on letting information out - I wouldn't be surprised in this fictional world of Marvel comics, if they wanted to - say that China was keeping their mutants as weapons.
    Obviously I'm pointing out the glaring preference in the comics for white/Western/American mutants. It's pretty silly to say mutants in Asia wouldn't be interesting or are otherwise kept locked up. I mean, that would be a great X-Men story, and something the X-Men we know should be interested in investigating.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Obviously I'm pointing out the glaring preference in the comics for white/Western/American mutants. It's pretty silly to say mutants in Asia wouldn't be interesting or are otherwise kept locked up. I mean, that would be a great X-Men story, and something the X-Men we know should be interested in investigating.
    Well, we have had some Chinese characters (granted not as many as White/Western/American mutants) - but when Grant Morrison or whoever it was that made the School for Gifted Youngsters an apparent actual school with HUNDREDS of mutants; there was a pretty wide mixture of characters seen.

And I get it's cool to see more mutants - being from Spain, sure I'd love to see a Spanish mutant from Spain be a part of the book. But that's not mandatory for me. All I care about is good stories and good art - whether they're Western/Black/Asian/Indian - whatever the case may be. That's never mattered, for me personally. But I get that everyone wants something - but there's no way to please everyone. A writer needs to be able to use characters that appeal to them and speak to them - otherwise it's obvious that something's feeling forced.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    I'm tired of this topic.

Is old and beaten to death literally.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, keep Kwannon and Matsuo dead and buried. Death should mean something in comics for once and the Psylocke mini was to solve that issue so no...move on.

Psylocke is Psylocke. Accept it and move on.
    Do you mean you want Scott to stay dead ?
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Wow. The x-gene is equally dispersed across all human populations. The majority of people on Earth are Asian, with China and India alone accounting for close to 3 billion. So yeah, the majority of mutants should be Asian.
    where was this ever stated? There are mutations and genetic defects that tend to happen in certain races more than others. That could simply be the case in the MU

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    where was this ever stated? There are mutations and genetic defects that tend to happen in certain races more than others. That could simply be the case in the MU
    Wow! How dare you. Are you really suggesting that white people just get the X-gene more often, and that, not blatant racism/favoritism towards white people by predominately white creators, is the reason there aren't more ethnically diverse mutants?

As for "where was this ever stated", are you serious? The Celestials implanted the x-gene into humans loooooooooooooong ago. According to actual science, the 'white' phenotype isn't even that old, maybe 10,000 years or so, so if anything, there should be x-gene occurrences in POC more than in white people.

Wow! How dare you. Are you really suggesting that white people just get the X-gene more often, and that, not blatant racism/favoritism towards white people by predominately white creators, is the reason there aren't more ethnically diverse mutants?

As for "where was this ever stated", are you serious? The Celestials implanted the x-gene into humans loooooooooooooong ago. According to actual science, the 'white' phenotype isn't even that old, maybe 10,000 years or so, so if anything, there should be x-gene occurrences in POC more than in white people.
    Obviously we get more white characters bc of creators but you are the one that talked in terms of within the universe so I responded to you in terms of genetics within the comics. If you want to just blame it on the racism/favoritism by the writers, then fine. There's no point in even discussing the science, history or statistics of the characters within the comics. They are the ones that ultimately make all this up

I'm okay with Betsy back to her original body tho I still prefer her current one.

Kwannon was a failed retcon. Let her rest in peace.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Wow. I blame this discussion on President Vigo. Just like in Ghostbusters 2, all of the wicked, dark, twisted psychomagnotheric crap has erupted to the surface. People can't even have a civil discussion any more without touching a raw nerve.

Let's all just try to remember that the known Marvel mutants represent only a tiny fraction of all mutants in existence. And their origins are quite diverse. I would say the same is true of Eternals, Deviants and every other species of mankind. Given time and change, we will eventually see more of that diversity. Of that I'm sure.

They are close to 3 billion Asian but there is one maybe two active players in NBA. By your logic more people=more tall people=more players in NBA. Here is the thing real genetics does work like that and group of people can carry a predisposition against certain things for example Asian being tall,of course they are tall asians but the trait is not as common as it is in other races.

We all understand that should be more representation in comics and we understand we they are less Asian characters in comics. Pure and simple superhero comics happened during point in time when country was dealing with blatant racism and golden and silver age was not a diverse era in comics BUT heroes created during that time became what the industry is centered around and comics is heavily notisalga based and very insular. This has to be said because most of the Iconic characters are white and when comic industry namely the big 2 is trying to recenter themselves they fall back on Iconic characters.The default Iconic stuff like Justice League,X-men and Avengers team is golden and silver age stuff

To break that pattern you have to create flesh out good characters and support them and it has been happening you see it with female character like Captain Marvel getting the right type of push,You see a Muslim Pakistani Woman getting the right type of push in Ms Marvel, You see many Black characters getting the right type of push in Cyborg, Spawn or Black Panther.We all hope this happens with Asian characters as well you can't just create side characters.You have create new characters treat them like Superman,Batman,Spiderman and Wolverine.Creating Surge, Trinary, Thunderbird, Loa is pointless if they are going to just be in limbo.Some new characters have to be able to stand on same level as the big guns. All of this to say you are not going to dismiss as me being bias or close minded BUT you tried to apply real world theory it was a flawed one at that then respond to people with "Wow! How dare you" and "Wow" like they are being bias against view.

If you are going to talk about representation and diversity I am behind that 100 %. If you going to throw out real world genetics there is a clear an obvious real world explanation that explains how even though a group has 3 billion people,a smaller group can have more of certain trait. I used height at the beginning now I am going to use Albinism which effects every race but is found at higher rate in black people. So no the majority of mutants should not be Asian

The X-gene is not a natural gene! It was implanted into all of humanity's common ancestors upwards of more than a million years ago! Before there ever were white people! You guys will bend over backwards to justify obvious Western/White favoritism in this franchise!

And for the record, Asians represent 60% of the entire world's population. Closer to 4.5 billion, out of 7ish billion.

If mutants occur randomly across all populations on earth(which given the set of mutants we do have, we know it does occur in all parts of the world), than 60% of all mutants should be Asian. There should also be an equal amount of black mutants to white mutants(both represent about 1 billion each globally). Instead, out of the 198 mutants that were the survivors of M Day, the vast majority of them were white, and most of them American. Of course this is because the comics are made by mostly white American creators. Just admit that instead of trying to rationalize this obvious bias with absolutely ridiculous [and incorrect genetic] theories.

BANNED

Y'all know where I stand. I want actual Asian Representation, and Psylocke back in her body.
    Let Kwannon Be Psylocke, and Let Betsy be Betsy. Also there's this I found on the Reddits. So plot twist.

And for the record, Asians represent 60% of the entire world's population. Closer to 4.5 billion, out of 7ish billion.

If mutants occur randomly across all populations on earth(which given the set of mutants we do have, we know it does occur in all parts of the world), than 60% of all mutants should be Asian. There should also be an equal amount of black mutants to white mutants(both represent about 1 billion each globally). Instead, out of the 198 mutants that were the survivors of M Day, the vast majority of them were white, and most of them American. Of course this is because the comics are made by mostly white American creators. Just admit that instead of trying to rationalize this obvious bias with absolutely ridiculous [and incorrect genetic] theories.
    Overall, an estimated 1 in 20,000 people worldwide are born with oculocutaneous albinism, In Africa it is 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 15000. What part of genetic trait can be way lower in larger populations is not clicking with you.

7.25 billion people in the world about 2800 people in the world are 7 feet tall or taller. Average height chinese male 5 foot 6 inches, The average height of American male 5 foot 10. I can't find amount 7 foot per countries but when you look at the list tallest countries they are no asian countries. I am done I see where this going.I will end with mutant in Marvel is equivalent to height in the real world.

Height and melanin production are determined by natural mutations. The X-Gene is an inserted gene that all humans share equally. Your metaphor is faulty and betrays your prejudice.