Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

I actually dropped SM during that time. I was on an X-men and Image kick and never bothered with it. Although I do have all the trades now. I did end up picking it up again when Ben became SM and I really, really enjoyed those stories. It was disappointed that it was kiboshed, due to the overwhelming fan backlash.

The thing with Ben, was that (given the fact that it was the 90's) they just stuck to writing him as 20 something guy who was trying to find his bearings. But he was still mature. He wasn't dude-bro/manchild. He wasn't like Peter but he had the same move forward/positive outlook on life. Not one where he whinned or wanted to pretend that he was forever 15. It was a great impetus for me collecting all the trades. And of course we still had Peter out there, the committed family man was building his life.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i don't know, ben just struck me as a dork who learned to dress cool. he innovated where peter had gotten complacent, but i don't know if that makes him edgy or just an outsider. he wasn't chopping off people's hands back then like he does now.

but yeah, no argument re editorial interference dragging it into some bad, bad places
    He was edgier relative to Peter Parker, who has typically been more of a square.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

A somewhat interesting idea ruined by editorial greed and editorial mismanagement.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    A somewhat interesting idea ruined by editorial greed and editorial mismanagement.
    I came here to post the same take on the Clone Saga. It was an intriguing concept ruined by mismanagement.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    ....The thing with Ben, was that (given the fact that it was the 90's) they just stuck to writing him as 20 something guy who was trying to find his bearings. But he was still mature. He wasn't dude-bro/manchild. He wasn't like Peter but he had the same move forward/positive outlook on life. Not one where he whinned or wanted to pretend that he was forever 15. It was a great impetus for me collecting all the trades. And of course we still had Peter out there, the committed family man was building his life.
    Which is why I loved the character back in the day so much. I still am a tad miffed they resurrected him as a semi-psychotic douchebag. Thankfully that has mostly been corrected in recent months, mostly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."