Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NO TIME TO DIE direct to streaming?

This seems to be the latest rumor going around. NTTD was pretty much one of the first major films this year to have it's release date moved, first to November and then to April 2021, a year from it's original release date. Apparently Netflix and Apple+ are some of the contenders.

Although I've personally seen every Bond movie on the big screen since Brosnan, I wouldn't mind this too much given the circumstances.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    This seems to be the latest rumor going around. NTTD was pretty much one of the first major films this year to have it's release date moved, first to November and then to April 2021, a year from it's original release date. Apparently Netflix and Apple+ are some of the contenders.

Although I've personally seen every Bond movie on the big screen since Brosnan, I wouldn't mind this too much given the circumstances.
    I'll pull for netflix, I have no desire to subscribe to Apple anything.

Sony seems to be friendlier with Netflix and VUDU than Apple ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sony's distribution rights expired after SPECTRE; Universal has them now.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Consider this: If the film had been released on its original date, it would be available on blu-ray and DVD by now. Same goes for Black Widow and Wonder Woman 1984. Every other new film is streaming, but the big studios don't want to release these "tent-pole" movies until they can do it with a big premiere in New York and Los Angeles like they originally planned. I say they should cut their losses and make whatever money they can by streaming and releasing the films on blu-ray and DVD now. What good is a tent-pole if there's no tent for it to hold up?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'll pull for netflix, I have no desire to subscribe to Apple anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Apple is catching flak for acquiring the Charlie Brown specials and putting them behind a paywall, so I wouldn’t want any big screen releases I’d be interested in seeing wind up in their clutches....and I’m saying that as an Apple user since 1994.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

I wouldn't mind seeing NTTD on Netflix and Black Widow on Disney+... Would even shell out 20 bucks extra to see each, even if it was only once.

All-New Member

As a fan of every Bond movie but one, I can say the movie looks really good. However, the direction to make 007 a female is not really what I was looking for.

BANNED

Hollywood should stop kidding themselves. Every film that was meant to be released in 2020 all now needs to go on streaming.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Hollywood should stop kidding themselves. Every film that was meant to be released in 2020 all now needs to go on streaming.
    They won’t make as much streaming and it will hit theaters. The only bright light for theaters is an abundance of big films once this clears up

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    They won’t make as much streaming and it will hit theaters. The only bright light for theaters is an abundance of big films once this clears up
    The longer this goes on, the fewer theaters will still be able to open when it’s over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The longer this goes on, the fewer theaters will still be able to open when it’s over.
    That's not something they have control over, it's about survival and not killing people. Until Covid is finished streaming is the safest option available.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFerret View Post
    As a fan of every Bond movie but one, I can say the movie looks really good. However, the direction to make 007 a female is not really what I was looking for.
    007 is just a number, Bond is still a dude. I don't see the issue.

In other news, apparently MGM was asking for 600 million for streaming rights...so I don't think it'll be streaming any time soon.

I'm more than OK with waiting a year or more to see the next Bond film. I mean, I'll see it at some point but i don't think there are people anxious to see it the way they are to see WW 84 or the marvel movies.
    Given that Bond is basically MGM's only property i can understand why they didn't want to sell it cheaply. But it doesn't bode well for $250+ million budget movies, as clearly streaming services feel like they can justify those kinds of budgets based on their business model (granted, $600 million is a lot more than $250 mil). OTOH it may just be that Bond is viewed as a pretty tired property at this point, and perhaps netflix or apple would've ponied up for a hotter property like Fast and Furious or something. I dunno