Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Jim Cornette detailed the funny near riot that almost happened in Cleveland back in 1970s on his podcast.

- The match was Ox Baker vs Ernie Ladd . At the time Ladd was a huge face and the crowd loved him in that territory. Baker was a hot heel.

- The idea was that Baker would deliver a number of heart punches to Ladd. Ernie sold them so well he shook his whole body like jelly as he sold them.

- The crowd gets pissed as Baker jumps Ladd in his match and starts this. On the mat laying Ladd can hear the crowd screaming and that things are starting to boil over..."Ox the natives are getting restless..."

- Ox is like "Let me get a little more heat.." as he keeps hitting Ladd as this repeats as Ladd knows things are about to explode. Finally a chair comes flying in !

- All hell starts to break loose as more chairs and fans push to get in ring. One or 2 do get in as they are stopped.

- Cornette brings up that usually faces hit the ring to start a beat down on heels to clear the ring and fight back through the crowd so it protects them.

- In this case it didn't happen. The guy with Baker wants out of there and sees his chance. As he runs a 40 yard dash. Baker isn't lucky as he tries to escape the same way and is bigger n slower. So he is fighting through fans to get away.

(I will edit in video clip later)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Eric Bischoff on the issues with Thunder and how it started at the beginning.

- Bischoff is read a report about how wrestlers aren't happy with the increased House Shows and now having to work Thunder as well. Bischoff brings up that it was more than likely true at the time.

- Originally Thunder was supposed to get funding from TBS. The show was supposed to get paid for by TBS as Turner ordered another series to follow Nitro's success. That he wanted a B show during the week and help TBS. But here was the problem....TBS didn't want to pay for it. Shaw refused to pay for the TBS series and Bischoff was in a spot as revenue wouldn't help another show.

- He couldn't say no to Ted Turner who wanted this other show. He also couldn't add another PPV to the schedule because as he said it was hard for them to get 12 good PPV's a year or attempt to . There was no way he could do 2 in one month. The only thing left was to increase house shows to off-set the Thunder costs.

- Bischoff brings up top guys had dates stipulated in contracts so they didn't have that increased house show business to do. But a lot of talents were physically and mentally wore down by this schedule and it showed. He also brings up that agents for the company was part of the grind too. WCW didn't have many road agents and they too took part of that grind doing this schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INkAydwP_8s&t=317s

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Justin Credible in a latest shoot discussed the New ECW and why it failed...

- Credible was contacted by WWE and told how they were relaunching ECW as a 3rd brand and how it was supposed to be different. But as Credible brings up what made original ECW work so well was that it was anti-corporation , anti-WWF & WCW. Its hard to say WWE sucks when the company owns you. He joked ECW was Metallica to the WWF's "Backstreet Boys". They were the hard edged guys and now working there and it showed.

- He started to get frustrated with things within a few weeks as they were paying him $1500 a week. Which may sound like a lot but in reality your paying for your own travel expenses (food , gas , motel) . By the end you'd make like $750+ bucks a week and that was less than what ECW in the 1990's paid him. He joked his father works in a factory was bringing home more money than he was.

- Also he didn't like the booking as he was looking like a clown. As he'd work and have matches end with DQ as he'd win by being put through a table , then eat a steel chair etc . So he finally told them he wasn't gonna show up anymore. Johnny Ace called him to try and convince him to come back. But he said after he laid down booking plans , he was like , nah. Your not gonna ruin my name and legacy from ECW with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqgAX08L6ps

Bruce Prichard in a comical story discussed the whole Randy Savage/Dusty Rhodes angle that was ran in WWF back in early 1990's. And why it went along..

- Conrad brings up that this once was considered a dream match. Between 2 of the biggest stars in both companies. You had Randy Savage and then you had Dusty Rhodes from NWA. Prichard brings up it was a year later and both were now changed. Savage was doing the Macho King act and Dusty was in polka dots as the common man.

- Both men idolized Dusty so he was involved as Brother Love as well in the angle. That they were doing house shows and basically letting Dusty be ...Dusty more or less. They would bump all over for him and he'd do his big elbow spot which had them run at times into it. Him and Savage was having a good time with it. Then Pat Patterson joined them for a show and asked how the house show matches were going and they basically showed him 1 night.

- In the car Patterson pretty much buries the match and how both are being idiots out there to Dusty. That Randy's bumping all over for the guy and what is Brother Love doing taking so many bumps for this ? They need to rework the match and fix it. So Prichard & Savage lay down a match where Randy gets heat on Dusty most of the match and Brother Love only comes in at the end and takes a couple bumps from him.

- That day in locker room they wait as Prichard does a good low key Savage impression. Comically as he goes to tell Dusty alone in showers , "..I'll let Brother Love here tell you .." as Prichard is like WTF ? So he has to tell Dusty the office wants the match changed and what they came up with.

- Dusty sits and nods and then does a line , "Boys , this is like someone gettin Babe Ruth alone in shower and tellin him how to hit..." A long pause as Savage answers , "Well Babe that is what were doing tonight ."

They went ahead with match and it was successful and they did this every night. They also had a new fun nickname for Dusty as he took the name "Babe" from then on.

- Prichard claims Sweet Sapphire was not a rib at Dusty. It was about the Dusty character and enhancing the common man character. Juanita Wright had worked as women's wrestler before and they wanted someone who wasn't a beauty queen type. A more common woman type and Ronnie Garvin suggested her. Dusty may have looked at not needing an enhancement for this.

- Conrad asks if there was pressure for Dusty to drop weight and get more cut since this was a steroid era of WWF. Prichard claims Dusty met with Vince and detailed he was doing an exercise regimen , on a diet and doing work out for cardio. Vince was like why ? I want Dusty Rhodes , the flabby guy and want that. Prichard claims Dusty was a great athlete even at this weight and size. He could move great in ring and work. That people may mock the guy for his look but he was loved.

- They bring up Dusty's exit from the WWF in 1991 as Prichard details that Dusty had been offered a booking position in WCW as things had changed. He approached Vince and asked if he could be let go. Vince respected Dusty a lot and told him he would release him as soon as program ended with Ted Dibiase. It was Dusty who recommended that his son Dustin be given a shot on WWF TV and tag with him in that final angle.

- They actually let Dustin work house shows before putting him on TV. But they liked Dustin a lot. Out of respect for Dusty they let Dustin go with his dad to WCW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8JHaW31VzU

- In his podcast Jim Ross was asked about the time he asked for a night off so he could handle a family function. Ross tells him it was his anniversary and he wanted a few days off to spend with her. But J.R claims that was all it was and its rare he'd ask for one day off. That he was refused it. This leads into Conrad reading about Meltzer's report that then Jim Ross contract was coming to an end and he may sign an extension at last minute. That he signed a short term one last time.

- Its brought up that at this point Mick Foley and Tazz was in TNA and that this could lead him to signing there. J.R admits he did have a meeting with Dixie Carter and her entire family. That he met her brother , sister-in-law and nearly everyone. That he met at their ranch in Texas . The Carter's flew him there on a private jet they owned and he quickly grew to like Bob Carter. That he could see himself working for Bob Carter.

- But one thing held it up. As J.R claims if you want me to cook the dinner , I have to buy the groceries. If my ass is on the line to improve ratings and revenue , then if you don't allow me to do this then I can't do it. Ross compared it to Jerry Jones bringing in Bill Parcells and making him sole responsible for the football team and if they lose ; he'd expect to be fired. J.R claims Carter liked that but he told him he needed to be the guy who was looking at bottom line figures wise to improve the overall business.

Jim Ross wanted total responsibility but he never could get that. So that way if he wanted to fire guys he could and so forth. But he never could get that from Bob Carter.

- Jim Ross though enjoyed Dixie and her family. They rode around the ranch they had and she showed him deer they had there and he still speaks to her to this day. That they are good people. Conrad claims this meeting happened in 2009 , Jim Ross tells him it was Memorial Day weekend of 2009 when this meeting happened.

- J.R claims that he was wondering if that he'd be put out to pasture by WWE. Because by this point he was suffering his 3rd bout of Bells Palsy . Here he is a southern , good natured announcer who can't smile and he has no place on WWE TV. He understood that this was the WWE basically and he understood things like this happened.

- He enjoyed the Carters. But he wanted total control of Talent , who he could let go and bring in as budget. But he learned there was no budget ; but maybe there should be as he'd push to happen. That couldn't happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJgVYxZcMMY

I was discussing Mike Adamle (perhaps the worst announcer in pro wrestling history) on one thread. Anyhow Bruce Prichard discussed him on a podcast last year.

- Prichard put over that Mike was someone that had floated around Vince McMahon's orbit a few years before he was signed. He had met him earlier and was an announcer for American Gladiators. His real relationship began with WWE when he did the sideline reporter role for XFL. So Vince thought highly of Adamle.

- So he was signed and Bruce comically acts surprised that fans didn't like him replacing Joey Styles on ECW show. But a big deal was Mike was a good guy and could talk. But he was a "scripted" guy. He needed to read from a script and wasn't good with off the cuff things like pro wrestling needed. Its why things came across as they did as he did announcing.

- Vince was looking for roles for Mike since he realized he was failing as an announcer. So after some interview spots they were sitting around and he decided Mike Adamle would work as RAW GM. Which was a chance by him to make it work.

- Conrad reads how it only lasted 3 months and by October Vince pulled the plug on Adamle in that role. He reads a Meltzer report claiming that Vince believed Mike would replace Jim Ross on play by play and that he had the same qualities as Eric Bischoff. That both guys came across as swarmy heel types and McMahon believed he would fit.

Prichard laughs at that report over the idea that Mike Adamle would replace Jim Ross. Mike wasn't a play by play guy. There was no thought to him replacing Jim Ross in that role . He doesn't seem to discount the comparisons to Bischoff , but he does admit that Mike never could pick up the wrestling speak deal. That Vince saw that Mike Adamle was never gonna get that. They had tried him as interviewer , announcer and RAW GM and it didn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcC7FsLDHHs

Years later the WWE literally mocked how bad he really was.

Billy Jake Haynes did a shoot recently and discussed a variety of topics and how he could kick someones ass in an instant if need be. (Haynes was a former boxer and Cornette backed up this , he wasn't a guy to **** with backstage).

- Haynes discussed his confrontation with Jim Crockett and how he wanted to fight Dusty Rhodes over it. Anyhow he worked a program with Wahoo McDaniel and Wahoo was leaving the territory awhile. Billy Jack felt he shouldn't win the match and wanted Wahoo to go over. But Crockett wanted him to win the match and so did Wahoo. He tried to convince Wahoo he should win but he wouldn't do it. So they worked a finish where Wahoo looked good on his way out.

- So in a moment of silliness and what really set things off , Jim Crockett walks backstage and hands everyone their paychecks. And if they have an issue , they can tell him about it. Which as Haynes points out is a recipe for guys to get pissed. Because everyone would open their paychecks and question their pay. He opened his and saw he was paid $2,500 for his match. Meanwhile Wahoo was paid $3,500 and so was Ole and Arn Anderson who had worked against Wahoo before this.

- Billy raised his hand and went to Crockett's office. Its there he watched as he got on phone and Billy finally pointed at his watch. So finally Crockett gets off and after learning he was shorted $1,000 bucks is told he can leave then. Haynes took Crockett's desk and pinned him against the wall with it. He joked Dusty had peaked out of his office earlier before this and had wisely locked his door before this happened.

After he pinned Crockett who was scared , he tried kicking Dusty's door in and finally he left. Because he had money at home and didn't need this. He also never learned why he was paid $1,000 less than everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdGihRiRhuM

- People questioned in shoot if you watch why Billy has his hair that style. He reveals that he wants to hide his gig marks in his forehead. Where he would do blad jobs . As he claims he was a bleeder and has over 100 cut marks on his forehead. Him and Hercules in WWF had chain matches where he'd bleed. After he left the company they instituted a no blood policy.

- Haynes caught Hep C as a result of this bleeding so much. He finally was cured of it this past year after losing a good amount of weight. He shows his papers in the shoot.

- Billy brings up how he was irked that he was asked to bleed so much in WWF. That Vince asked him to bleed at Wrestlemania III. But he asked Vince why he was the only guy to do this . That no one else did it on the PPV. He also brings up he had the razor in his wrist and due to cameras being so bad , he had to be busted open the hard way 1st , then later he used the blade but the cameras caught him .

- There was no testing then in WWF for this. Hannibal brings up that the 70's and 80's during a lot of blood baths no one knew about the dangers then of this. That unless a doctor picked up a liver issue no one would know. Its only now its tested for . But its good there is cures for this now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQJevphFdVo

Eric Bischoff discussed some of the zany TNA rumors when him and Hogan 1st signed with TNA back in 2009.

- Eric is asked about the rumors of approaching Steve Austin to sign with TNA when he came in. And that they still had bad blood between them. Bischoff refuted that claim of bad blood saying him and Austin talked everything out years ago. That whenever they meet up in LA or elsewhere they share a beer. But that is when they see each other. There was no talks of bringing Steve Austin to TNA since they felt health wise he may not want to do it and Austin was looking at a career in Hollywood. Not doing pro wrestling.

- They bring up DDP and why not bring him in . Bischoff brings up that a lot of the roster was top heavy in main event scene and they didn't want to just bring him in as another name. Plus they had a budget to work with and it didn't seem like Page ever wanted to do it. So it never was brought up either.

- Goldberg however was someone who did come up a year in. They were sitting around and brought up signing Goldberg. So Bischoff sent feeler out to him to see if he was interested. But Bill declined it and it never went beyond that. They never had a meeting or got anywhere beyond Eric contacting him to see if he was interested and he wasn't.

- Bischoff was asked how the talent reacted to him and Hulk being there. As Bischoff claims no one said anything negative to their face. As he said everyone was polite and the talent never voiced any issues with them coming in to their faces. As he joked no one would walk up and go , "Hey Eric , what the hell you doing here ?" Everyone was a professional and the TNA guys were happy to be working and making a living.

- Also he didn't have any real power or authority behind the scenes. He had no real power to change the business there. His role was part of creative and being with Hulk. He didn't want a role like that any way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfbttTq9AFM&t=251s

George "The Animal" Steele and Hillbilly Jim discussed the "Hillbilly" characters Vince would introduce. To have Jim manage basically.

- Steele is asked what Vince's fascination with hillbilly characters was. As Steele put it , the Hillbilly Jim character was a major hit with fans and Jim was a great athlete. So why not do a family of hillbilly characters. Its how we got cousin Junior , Elmer and Luke.

- Steele claims that Cousin Junior was the funniest guy. That he one day shows up in a limo with a nice suit , smoking a cigar. He goes up to one of the agents and tells him he's done made more money he'll ever spend in his life time and he's going back home. He gets back in limo and goes home ! That he quit the promotion that day . Then they had to bring in cousin Luke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWMErTn7Dq4

- Hillbilly Jim discussed Uncle Elmer and he had a variety of gimmicks before his arrival there. He was Kamala 2 (he would be a white version of Kamala) the Rebel etc. He had been around the business a good while. So they bring in Elmer and he gets over BIG. Then they bring in Junior and soon enough he's managing them basically. And they were beating a lot of tag teams and were HOT then. They even got a brief short run as WWF Tag team champions as they held it from one TV to the next.

- Jim brings up how good the hillbilly act was going and one of them backstage was messing up some how. He doesn't know which one but he does bring up that he was called after doing a show on west coast by Vince and told that the private jet was gonna pick him up and to come do Saturday Night's Main Event. Because Elmer was gonna no show it. Jim agreed and it cost thousands of dollars to fuel the jet back and forth to take him to that show.

Once there the limo driver tells him they will take him to the motel. Jim is like , I gotta get to arena for the show. But as he learned Elmer had decided to show up and they had Jim go rest at motel. Elmer was then buried in a couple minutes on TV and fired. The bad news was Hillbilly Jim learned that the office had him to take over Elmer's bookings . Which was those 65 days schedule the company ran. "I just wanted to go home , I was gonna crack !"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIm5aB36dxA

As a sad note , Cousin Junior , Elmer and Luke have all passed away the last 25 years.

Watched a great episode of hardcore tv from late 97 recently. Had a debuting Justin credible vs jerry Lynn and candido vs lance storm both of which were damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Watched a great episode of hardcore tv from late 97 recently. Had a debuting Justin credible vs jerry Lynn and candido vs lance storm both of which were damn good.
    I would watch it on WWE Network but as I told someone without music etc , an element of it is lost.

One cool thing now podcast wise is Arn Anderson has started one with Conrad Thompson. Its just Arn is really a very low speaking guy and so reserved you really have to pay attention to what he says in podcast. In this Arn was asked about what led to the late Buddy Landel was let go from Crockett.

- Conrad brings up that Buddy had just came off beating Terry Taylor for the NWA National Heavyweight title and weeks later he was gone. Arn backs up that this happened.

- Arn details that him and Buddy arrived in Crockett territory around the same time. The bookers saw money in Buddy because had talent in ring and had a look. AA claims that Landel could comb his long golden hair and get heat. Crockett and Dusty wanted a Flair vs Landel program so they were building to that.

- AA brings up how that Buddy was making some good money in Crockett. That he once went to pick him up and saw he had 2 brand new cars. That he waited on him and saw he had a stack of checks he hadn't cashed yet. He later joked with Buddy in the car about it and Landel told him he was so busy he forgot to cash em yet. And that was a key problem as Buddy was really young and he would act immature like that.

- His immaturity would have him show up late a lot . If you have great talent and you make money , bookers will stand by you to a point. So they did awhile as Buddy could show in ring how good he was. Its just he kept showing up late.

- But the big kicker was what led to Buddy being fired by Crockett was he was due to start a big program with Ric Flair. They had teased this program for months and had built to it to start. That Buddy would have likely made a lot more money off this. That next TV was to start Flair/Landel and the day to film he doesn't show up. So Crockett and Dusty call his motel room to see whats going on and he hangs up on them both.

By this point Crockett is pissed. So he orders JJ Dillion to go to the motel and tell Landel he better show up in 30 minutes or else. JJ goes to the room and pounds on the door . Landel cracks the curtain and goes , 'Sorry baby , I'm not going." Arn says this was the end of Buddy Landel in Crockett territory.

(Landel claimed in a 1998 interview he was due to win the NWA World title during that program with Flair)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6NmpK-3Z6U

Old Crockett/WCW wrestler Black Bart detailed some things about his history with working in Texas for Von Erich's and working for WCW when Ric Flair was in charge as head of booking committee.

- Bart brings up that his 1st ever match against Ric Flair was in 1981. That everyone in Crockett knew he was the "future" guy who they were building to the NWA World title and future of territory. So he was honored to work against Flair. He also knew if they were trusting him to work a match against Flair to make him look good , then he could work with others.

- Years pass and Bart is still working under WCW now owned by Ted Turner and he relates a story that brings up the infamous "Desperadoes" plot line WCW ran in 1991.

- In it him , Deadeye Dick (Randy Colley) and Dutch Mantell was a group of comedic western outlaws looking for Stan Hanson. As Bart claims Hanson didn't care for it and was never gonna be found in the vignettes that ran through May and June. (Its reported Hanson went back to Japan and said **** this idea)

- As Bart claims the idea originally was WCW wanted to do a TV series about the wacky western outlaws "The Desperados" . That they were talking to a new network desperate for original programming called Fox. But he claims Ric Flair told Turner he didn't like this and them getting all this TV time compared to him. So they scrapped the potential TV series and slowly phased the group out months in. (this is one we can debate over , Flair would leave WCW in summer of 1991 due to clashes with Jim Herd as we know. Also the Desperados angle didn't start til May on vignettes we saw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABrNMauIWdQ&t=442s

- Bart brought up how David Von Erich's death really ruined the future of Texas territory and how different things would be today had he lived.

- As Bart claims , before David's death Fritz was in talks with 2 local channels who were gonna merge and become what TBS was under Turner. A Superstation and World Class was gonna be a national seen product as a key to it. That the meeting was happening right when David passed away.

- After his death , Fritz was still hurt by David's death. As he told guys he told the networks then that he would not do the deal. That Kerry and Kevin weren't global stars as this would do. They were more national stars in Texas and he wouldn't do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw5PbFr7Z5c
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 01-19-2020 at 03:09 PM.

In a shoot interview from 2015 Dan "The Beast" Severn discussed his departure from the WWF back in the late 1990's. And the silly angle idea he rejected. But Severn is a legit ass kicking machine in MMA and a UFC legend who competed in its early years. His MMA record is 101-19-7 career wise. (to note how tough Severn is...in his 50's he was still competing and actually winning MMA matches)

- Severn describes how he understands the natural evolution of a pro wrestler as he changes. He brings up how you can enter a promotion as a face and slowly evolve into a heel. He brings up Hulk Hogan and the NWO turn as one.

- He brings up how he was brought in as a serious guy who worked. That was his character and he didn't cut wacky promos either. So one day a road agent for WWF comes up to Severn and tells him they have an idea for his character. They then pitch him an idea where he would have a fake tattoo of 666 put on his forehead and join the Undertaker's ministry of Darkness. Using the whole "Beast" nickname to sell this mark of the beast angle.

- Severn tells the road agent he can't do this. Because he lives in a town where his businesses and family are. That if he goes in public this could see issues where he is out with family when a preacher believing this is real comes up to possibly throw holy water on him or some nonsense. So he didn't want to have to handle that with this character change.

- The road agent coldly tells Severn how the company could make him look like a joke if they want now and bury him. This has Severn bring up his contract , which as Dan describes ..show me where it says I have to lose ? Its there Severn tells the road agent that he can make real life crash into fantasy by pretty much "shoot" on every wrestler who crosses his path.

- This threat was coming up on Royal Rumble as Severn told the agent that he could get in there and legit shoot on all of the guys. That sure numbers may catch him and get him out. But he could crash that fantasy for awhile and getting him out of arena will be another story next. Severn joked in the shoot after this that maybe it bans him from pro wrestling sure or maybe later he signs with WCW. But at the time he told the agent he wondered who could take him legit if he did go.

- Severn and the WWF parted ways amicable later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OdzhL3qIoE

In a funny shoot story , Steve Kiern and Stan Lane (The Fabulous Ones) detailed the classic Road Warriors story that Animal seemed to brag up. Their version details how different it was.

- Both men detail that they were working for Verne in AWA and before they they bring up bullies and how guys are supposed to give for each other in ring. It goes into the Road Warriors deal where they detail they had worked the loop of towns and had put over the Road Warriors during that. Now while the LOD was promoted big time from Chicago , the actual home base and what most of their friends and family attended was Minneapolis. That was the big city more or less where their friends n family would attend shows.

- The Road Warriors didn't want to look bad in front of them but Verne wanted them to put over the Fabs. In ring Hawk growled at Stan that there was a change of plans and they were going over "Do things our way and no one gets hurt" . This caught Stan off guard as Kiern had no clue and was like HUH ? Kiern was busy chewing gum and checking out the women in attendance and had no clue this was happening as Hawk took Kiern's expression as Kiern saying NO to him. So he just attacked Steve Kiern out of nowhere.

- Kiern was shocked as he took a forearm and soon was being beat on awhile and getting threw down in press slams hard . Finally Kiern tagged in Stan Lane to do the comeback and Hawk started treating Stan like crap. This pissed off Kiern who decided he had , ENOUGH. So he grabs a steel chair and starts way laying Hawk with it shoot style. Just beating him as Animal and Paul Ellering realize this isn't a match anymore as they get Hawk outta there to the back.

- Backstage Verne went ape **** on what Kiern and Lane did. But they told Verne what had happened earlier and he went to talk to Road Warriors. But as Kiern said Verne had already lost control of them before this and Hogan had showed that too. That Verne had been a tyrant but was broken by this point.

- Now for later in show the Fabs were supposed to be in a Battle Royal against the LOD with a lot of the AWA roster. So Stan jokes , we maybe dead if we go out there. But the AWA roster was not happy with how the Fabs had been done so Billy Robinson , Brad Reingans , Larry Henning and others told them "We will handle them.."

- The moment the battle royal started Larry Henning and the others started legit beating down the Road Warriors , riding them into the canvas. Telling them to leave the Fabs alone. As Kiern brings up , all those guys were from Minnesota and they felt the Road Warriors weren't being respectful. Since the Fabs wanted to make money and do business like they had.

- Later in Puerto Rico the Fabs would face the Road Warriors again. Now they both remembered what happened last time. As Stan brings up the 2 groups never shared a locker room to talk through a match. And in Puerto Rico they had guys interpreting what was needed to be done in ring. So all Stan requests if the Warriors go over as they wanted , is if they'd sell the comebacks for them. To just sell for them. The LOD agreed.

- Kiern however was thinking he had to get some form of payback , plus he was told the Bushwackers vs Fabs was gonna be running in territory next. So he was like , this makes no sense we lose clean to come back. So he tells Stan to have his bags packed and ready. The LOD are selling big as Lane laughs over it as Kiern was supposed to get distracted by Bushwackers in the crowd taunting them. Instead he charges out of the ring after LOD had sold big.

- The Road Warriors WERE PISSED...and Hawk was mad. They won by count out and no way with crowd around them brawling with Bushwackers could they get to them. Post match Hawk was wanting to fight Kiern at the motel as Kiern told him to go away or he'd get security on him. But as Kiern said later the Road Warriors would learn how to do business with people and all. That this had to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiGWe6NQMPA