Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-force Movie!

Default A-force Movie!

Black panther actress confirms A-force movie is in the works but will be some time before you see it. (next phase?)

Sounds fun. Wonder which heroes will make the cut.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I know they've been talking about this movie for a while. It would be kind of nice to see a bunch of female heroes together and actually interacting instead of just getting bunched together for a big girl power moment even though barely any of them knew each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know they've been talking about this movie for a while. It would be kind of nice to see a bunch of female heroes together and actually interacting instead of just getting bunched together for a big girl power moment even though barely any of them knew each other.
    While I enjoyed the moment in Endgame, even though it had a bit of a “forced” feeling, they do definitely need to work towards the female heroes interacting more together before they bull-rush into a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    While I enjoyed the moment in Endgame, even though it had a bit of a “forced” feeling, they do definitely need to work towards the female heroes interacting more together before they bull-rush into a movie.
    Why? They didn't do that prior to the first Avengers film.

"Girls Get it Done!"

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Why? They didn't do that prior to the first Avengers film.
    Because it’s a shame it hasn’t happened (much) so far.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 10-31-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Peter can bring them all together.

"Hey! Remember when you all helped me pass that evil glove thingy around when Mr. Stark died? Um, well this big angry blue guy is chasing me and I need your help!"

Boom.

The male Avengers didn't need pretense to be around each other. Why the need for the women?

Just have Hill or Pepper or Fury bring them together. But I much prefer it was somebody not SHIELD related. Shuri makes sense to me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

You know they could use the last Domino series. It had Shield, Wakanda ... someone else, that I don't recall. Teaming up with Domino to stop the big bad.

Or they could go with the first few issues of A-Force, not the mini series, where Singularity pops into existence and starts trying to find her "friends."

Sadly probably no Nico, she'll be replaced with Scarlet Witch. And Dazzler with female Thor.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "Girls Get it Done!"
    Needs to be a line.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Peter can bring them all together.

"Hey! Remember when you all helped me pass that evil glove thingy around when Mr. Stark died? Um, well this big angry blue guy is chasing me and I need your help!"

Boom.

The male Avengers didn't need pretense to be around each other. Why the need for the women?

Just have Hill or Pepper or Fury bring them together. But I much prefer it was somebody not SHIELD related. Shuri makes sense to me.
    And yes, we don't need to make it difficult, this works too.

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It would be great if they got through halfway through the movie before one of them looked around at the others and comments, "So none of the guys answered?" "I guess they were busy getting their hair done..." Just no 'reason' this team happens to be all women at all.

BANNED

Good on paper but likely bad on execution.

Hollywood is suffering to much from masculine toxicity. This movie will likely be a victim

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be great if they got through halfway through the movie before one of them looked around at the others and comments, "So none of the guys answered?" "I guess they were busy getting their hair done..." Just no 'reason' this team happens to be all women at all.
    Or the writers just think of a good reason in-story for these characters to get together and the fact that it's all women just never comes up.

I mean, I can see the temptation to make some sort of wink or nod or address it somehow, but I feel it would be done badly and just be a cringey moment.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Or the writers just think of a good reason in-story for these characters to get together and the fact that it's all women just never comes up.

I mean, I can see the temptation to make some sort of wink or nod or address it somehow, but I feel it would be done badly and just be a cringey moment.
    It could be as simple as a Siren's song which only affects men but not women. But I actually like your idea even better. Really never mention it.

"Hey we need someone who knows something about Skrulls."
    "Call Captain Marvel."

"Hey we need someone tied to the Inhumans."
    "Call up Meduse, she speaks for Black Bolt." Etc.

We simply call for the best person to handle the job, which happens to be a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    It could be as simple as a Siren's song which only affects men but not women. But I actually like your idea even better. Really never mention it.

"Hey we need someone who knows something about Skrulls."
    "Call Captain Marvel."

"Hey we need someone tied to the Inhumans."
    "Call up Meduse, she speaks for Black Bolt." Etc.

We simply call for the best person to handle the job, which happens to be a woman.
    I don't really see MCU Carol on the team unless they pull an [BI]Endgame[/I] and she pops up at the end for a big action sequence because she would've ended the threat way earlier if she'd been there.