Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Strongest Fullmetal Alchemist character who, Fire Lord Ozai can beat.

So how far up the food chain does the Fire Lord go?

Astonishing Member

He's pretty much Roy Mustang Plus in terms of capabilities so I'm thinking he should have few problems with most of the cast. I'd say he could take most folks below Ed and Alphonse. Most of the homunculus in particular, save Wrath and Greed (and obviously Father), are going to have serious problems with the dude.

EDIT: This is, of course, not accounting for firearms, which would alter the situation greatly.
    Last edited by wjowski; 07-29-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    He's pretty much Roy Mustang Plus in terms of capabilities so I'm thinking he should have few problems with most of the cast. I'd say he could take most folks below Ed and Alphonse. Most of the homunculus in particular, save Wrath and Greed (and obviously Father), are going to have serious problems with the dude.

EDIT: This is, of course, not accounting for firearms, which would alter the situation greatly.
    I don't know Ozai specifically, but don't most Avatar characters need to make pretty big motions to project fire and such? Where Roy just snaps his fingers. It seems like the bending motions should at allow Ed or Al an opening to raise shields, for example.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't know Ozai specifically, but don't most Avatar characters need to make pretty big motions to project fire and such? Where Roy just snaps his fingers. It seems like the bending motions should at allow Ed or Al an opening to raise shields, for example.
    Firebender motions are actually fairly quick and direct from what I recall, with Ozai in particular being quite fast when it came to things like lightning generation. He may not be quite as speedy as Roy Mustang snapping his fingers, but still probably faster than Ed or Al having to clap their hands together before touching the ground.

Firebender motions are actually fairly quick and direct from what I recall, with Ozai in particular being quite fast when it came to things like lightning generation. He may not be quite as speedy as Roy Mustang snapping his fingers, but still probably faster than Ed or Al having to clap their hands together before touching the ground.
    How's he for speed feats? Even if it is a slightly simpler motion, Ed for example is probably bordering on comic book peak human levels.

How's he for speed feats? Even if it is a slightly simpler motion, Ed for example is probably bordering on comic book peak human levels.

Firebenders that are far less talented than Ozai can blast away with all the effort and motion of a straight punch. No wind up required. The complicated motions is for when they are flying into a combination of attacks.

Ozai has no real speed feats beyond clearly being an athletic talented dude.

Edit:
    https://youtu.be/X-DAknLfHjY
    Go to 2:20 for a demo of how much fire he can quickly generate without an advanced motion.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-30-2018 at 06:37 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Firebenders that are far less talented than Ozai can blast away with all the effort and motion of a straight punch. No wind up required. The complicated motions is for when they are flying into a combination of attacks.

Edit:
    Go to 2:20 for a demo of how much fire he can quickly generate without an advanced motion.
    Hmmm the first part is true but that's Sozin's Comet amped Ozai in the video, which is anyways his biggest problem he has barely actual unamped feats(Zuko, let alone Azula would outright stomp Ozai going by actual unamped feats). So he works just with questionable scaling.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Edit:
    Hmmm the first part is true but that's Sozin's Comet amped Ozai in the video, which is anyways his biggest problem he has barely actual unamped feats(Zuko, let alone Azula would outright stomp Ozai going by actual unamped feats). So he works just with questionable scaling.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah...The only non-comet feats I can recall from Ozai is him suddenly busting out lightning the moment the eclipse was over...And tanking it's redirection from Zuko.

...He is sorely lacking in feats that doesn't involve the amp.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

The double posting bug is strong lately.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 07-30-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah...The only non-comet feats I can recall from Ozai is him suddenly busting out lightning the moment the eclipse was over...And tanking it's redirection from Zuko.

We'd pretty much have to either use Comet-Ozai or assume he has a certain level of firepower, at least on par with, say, Azula or post-dragon Zuko. Not really much of a fight otherwise.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

he didn't actually "tank" that redirected lightning, though. Zuko specifically aimed it away from, but still close to, Ozai. Zuko never intended to kill him and Ozai knew it. the guy is still insanely tough based on how Aang put him through the wringer and he didn't die. there must have been a half-dozen things that Aang did to him in the Avatar state that SHOULD have killed Ozai instantly. Zuko doesn't appear to have gotten his practically superhuman damage soak from his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    he didn't actually "tank" that redirected lightning, though. Zuko specifically aimed it away from, but still close to, Ozai. Zuko never intended to kill him and Ozai knew it. the guy is still insanely tough based on how Aang put him through the wringer and he didn't die. there must have been a half-dozen things that Aang did to him in the Avatar state that SHOULD have killed Ozai instantly. Zuko doesn't appear to have gotten his practically superhuman damage soak from his mother.
    He put him through the ringer when he was specifically amped.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He put him through the ringer when he was specifically amped.
    The comet just enhances firebending, it doesn't make you physically stronger or tougher.