Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DC Comics Historian

Default "Captain Marveling" the Fantastic Four is the best way to introduce the team.

Okay, so hear me out.

We have had two mediocre attempts at bringing The Fantastic Four to the big screen. Two attempts that included an origin for them. Now in this new MCU version of the characters I am on the fence on whether or not to include an origin. However, IF you do I think they should do what they are doing with Captain Marvel and have it set in the PAST of the MCU and perhaps tie Captain Marvel and the Fantastic Four together as a sort of cause and effect.

As we know the Skrulls are going to be the main villain in Captain Marvel and after that film ends let's say younger Nick Fury has an idea to get the Richards and the Storms and Grimm together to figure out some of the technology of the Skrulls and whatnot and that is what sends them into space and hence puts them on the road to getting their powers either on a related or unrelated circumstance. I think creating the Fantastic Four out of the aftermath of Captain Marvel and either making them sleeper Agents of Shield or perhaps in their film after fighting Doom or maybe meeting the Silver Surfer and Galactus on another planet they somehow get marooned and have to make their way back to earth could be awesome, it keeps the team before all the rest of the heroes timewise, and instantly builds up their cred and respect in the same way Captain America and I am assuming Captain Marvel's will be.

If not who has any better ideas? Let's discuss. :-)

BANNED

All these posts, and every single person has "the best idea".

What say we just trust the engineers of the MCU?

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    All these posts, and every single person has "the best idea".

What say we just trust the engineers of the MCU?
    Wow, way to suck the fun out of everything meant for a message board dude. I don't know how anyone starts a thread around here anymore that isn't "(INSERT CHARACTER HERE) TRIBUTE" as if there are so many people that either love the character disproportionately to others of they hate them even more so. It seems like those are the only threads that get anywhere.

I mean, seriously, if not to discuss and speculate and debate then why are we here at all? Also, you do realize that in some cases it's because of people like us who share their ideas and opinions that these movies get made no? Case and point Batman-On-Film had such an influence on the Dark Knight Trilogy being made the way it was that David Goyer even said so in a quote. You never know when one of our ideas help said engineers steer the ship. Or perhaps it's all just a bit of fun and a pipe dream. With that being said I highly doubt the MCU engineers are going to be reading my posts on this of all websites looking for ideas. But that doesn't mean we cant have a little fun doing what we as comic fans do in being smart alec arm chair quarterbacks. Lighten up, dude. Seriously. What do you honestly care?

Anyone want to actually talk about the original subject?
    Last edited by theonetruebatman; 07-30-2018 at 12:29 AM.

I just figured they could pull a similar move to what they did with Spiderman. Just have their origins happened offscreen and introduce them years after in a movie.

Maybe the ill fated trip into space ends with them crossing into another universal plane. Our universe. That kind of rips the Captain America origin though. Not from another time, but another universe.

Or they could just get their powers after everybody else did. At least that would be less shoehorned.

Marvel's just going to reboot the universe in 4 to 10 years anyway
    The J-man

I like the idea of setting it in the past, but maybe make their origin happen during the Millennium. (yes, 2001 and all that implies!) Keep them as explorers and a science team rather than public "heroes" the way Ant-Man and Wasp were working clandestinely as gov operatives, so Iron Man can still be the first "superhero" in the MCU. And they can totally have them stuck in another dimension where time operates differently, etc., when you want to re-introduce them to the current MCU. (it could also be cool if Doom was their contemporary back in the day, but remained here, so that he'll be older than Reed in the present day).

Nope, combine the end of house m and and the beginning ng of astonishing xmen 7 for the teaser at the end avengers 4
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Nope, combine the end of house m and and the beginning ng of astonishing xmen 7 for the teaser at the end avengers 4
    Which run of Astonishing X-Men? There are like 5 of them and if you mean the most recent one I have no idea what you are trying to say by that being a teaser. Not only does it NOT have the Fantastic Four in it and it has Angel vs a Jet? Please help me out here. And you want to have Scarlett Witch scream "No More Mutants" when the idea is to bring the mutants into the fight? Do you mean you want her to scream the opposite? Im not trying to be hard on your or anything. I am seriously just struggling to understand what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    Which run of Astonishing X-Men? There are like 5 of them and if you mean the most recent one I have no idea what you are trying to say by that being a teaser. Not only does it NOT have the Fantastic Four in it and it has Angel vs a Jet? Please help me out here. And you want to have Scarlett Witch scream "No More Mutants" when the idea is to bring the mutants into the fight? Do you mean you want her to scream the opposite? Im not trying to be hard on your or anything. I am seriously just struggling to understand what you want.
    Not no more mutants obviously but definitely have her be the catalyst. No more barriers or remove thd barriers something...fade to white and it cuts to the Avengers in down town new York fighting a giant monster. In flies the xmen in the Black bird and the fantasti-car for a three way team up. (I was referring to the Whedon run of astonishing xmen)
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Spectacular Member

Given Captain Marvel isn't a proven success yet, I don't think there is reason to think that it'll work. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the idea, I mostly just accept it for Captain Marvel because they are time crunched to introduce her

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel's just going to reboot the universe in 4 to 10 years anyway
    It wouldn't surprise me, but honestly people regularly talk about how Marvel Comics is going to re-boot continuity and it never happens.

The reboot talk is just that realistically, the actors can't do it forever. Rebooting everything and having the FF be the first movie in the new rebooted MCU would be a cool way to honor the franchise, (and so many non FF fans would want to watch just to see what the new MCU looks like - especially if a few other heroes are thrown cameos) but I doubt it'll happen that way.

double post. Is it me, or am I seeing more double-posts lately? And it seems the boards have been glitchy lately...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The reboot talk is just that realistically, the actors can't do it forever. Rebooting everything and having the FF be the first movie in the new rebooted MCU would be a cool way to honor the franchise, (and so many non FF fans would want to watch just to see what the new MCU looks like - especially if a few other heroes are thrown cameos) but I doubt it'll happen that way.
    I don't think they'll ever reboot the MCU if it's still reasonably successful. I think comic fans over estimate the public's attachment to the character over the actor, and a re-cast would go over as well as Solo. Captain America IS Chris Evans in the same way that Mark Hamil IS Luke Skywalker. A reboot would essentially be judged on its own separate merit, so it would only make sense to reboot if the MCU is performing poorly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Movies aren't comics. Tony Stark and Steve rogers can just die and stay dead forever, while the MCU just carries along with barely a speedbump without any need for a reboot.