Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What should Joaquin Torres and Teresa Parker new codenames be?

Falcon

Teresa Parker

Falcon - Condor
    I know there is a rarely seen Marvel villain by that name as well.

Teresa Parker - Cardinal
    Also the name of a former New Warriors foe which no longer goes by that name.

I already made a thread about Teresa in the Spider-Man forum a few weeks ago.

Condor is the name of one of Nova's rogues. Perhaps Joaquin could be called Avian? Or just change one letter and become Halcón, which is Spanish for falcon or hawk (Hawk is unusable because of DC's Hawk and Dove).

Teresa is basically also a Falcon powerset hero, a heroic version of Tinkerer called the Mason having made her wings - and apparently modified Sam's (Spec Spidey #1 showed him as Cap visiting Mason, but the entire run has since been revealed to be post-Secret Empire - perhaps Mason made his new Falcon suit?). She should probably just pick a different bird. She actually suggested Ms Penguin, but that got laughed at because penguin's don't fly!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd just call Joaquin the Eagle or something.

Teresa can be Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I already made a thread about Teresa in the Spider-Man forum a few weeks ago.

Condor is the name of one of Nova's rogues. Perhaps Joaquin could be called Avian? Or just change one letter and become Halcón, which is Spanish for falcon or hawk (Hawk is unusable because of DC's Hawk and Dove)
    I like both of those suggestions.

Switch up the colors and he's the new El Aguila; a semi-retired hero.

Peregrine works well for Torres. It's a type of Falcon and the name means "Traveler, Foreigner, or Pilgrim" in keeping with his origin story.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Taken. There's a French hero with that name, last appeared in U.S.Avengers a few months ago.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Spanish for Falcon is Halcon, and there's always Hawk, Kestrel, Raptor, etc.

Wingspan, Skyborne, Airstrike, Wingleader, Pinion, there's no shortage of names for flying heroes out there.

I like the double meaning of Peregrine as 'migrant,' and am pleasantly surprised that Le Peregrine is still alive, unlike other Contest of Champions fodder like Arabian Knight or Defensor (or written out / ignored / forgotten like Blitzkrieg, Collective Man, Sabra, Shamrock and the first Talisman, who lost his name to Michael Twoyoungman's daughter, and his powerset / schtick to fellow Aborigine teleporter / bullroarer-spinning dreamtime dude, Gateway).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-18-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Wingspan, Skyborne, Airstrike, Wingleader, Pinion, there's no shortage of names for flying heroes out there.

I like the double meaning of Peregrine as 'migrant,' and am pleasantly surprised that Le Peregrine is still alive, unlike other Contest of Champions fodder like Arabian Knight or Defensor (or written out / ignored / forgotten like Blitzkrieg, Collective Man, Sabra, Shamrock and the first Talisman, who lost his name to Michael Twoyoungman's daughter, and his powerset / schtick to fellow Aborigine teleporter / bullroarer-spinning dreamtime dude, Gateway).
    Wingspan is good. I was about to suggest that. Wildwing is the other one that came to mind. Lessee.... Flight Risk, Aero, Fightinflight, Windhover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Hawk and Raptor are both DC characters.

Red Tail or Osprey
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Teresa should be Harrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Red Tail or Osprey
    Good call.

Extraordinary Member

Are Teresa's wings more Falcon or more Vulture. Vulture's give him enhanced strength.

Joaquin Torres - Eyas

Teresa Parker - Cardinal or Sunbird