Default MCU Earth vs Klendathu

MCU Earth vs Klendathu

Klendathu and its associated bug worlds start farting out asteroids and sending them to MCU Earth.

There can be no peace, no negotiation, because the only good bug....

* Post-Endgame MCU

* Film version Klendathu

What happens?

Book Klendathu had sub-light travel because Heinlein was trying to be scientifically accurate. So anybody with faster than light is going to treat them like sitting ducks, picking them off at will.

Since all the Avengers have to do is specifically defend the Earth, I don't see Captain Marvel having any trouble soloing the whole situation.

Movie version (and I never watched another of the movies after the disaster that was the first movie) I can't say much about.
    Power with Girl is better.

It's been a while since I've seen the first movie, so I am forgetting much of the bug feats and abilities. And I haven't seen the sequels.

Captain Marvel, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange & Co., War Machine, Rescue, Spidey, all of Wakanda, and Ant Man...'nuff said! Heck, one call to the AsGuardians and they'll be around to help since Thor is fond of Midgard.

Falcon, Bucky, BW, and other squishy humans can all be outfitted with Wakandan tech to upgrade their battle prowess vs the bugs. Can Rhodey, Pepper, Spidey, and Shuri access Stark Tech? Combine it with Wakandan Tech? Add Rocket's expertise?

Let's not forget the high-powered villains who could help.

Does this include Agents of Shield characters?

How many asteroids are we talking about, theoretically? How many bugs per 'roid?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

The asteroid bombing tactics are the only real threat. Considering what Ultron was managing with Sokovia, I could see a combination of Stark/Wakanda tech being used to slowly move incoming rocks out of the way. They should have good enough sensors to identify incoming threats.

After that? It's a slaughter. Thor and Captain Marvel zap on over to Klendathu and beat the living **** out of any and every bug they encounter with no fear of retaliation. The only bug weapons capable of hurting them (and really only maybe Thor - not Carol) are those Anti Air bugs that were shooting the human fleet. Those will never hit them.

Seriously, they could just take turns striding forwards and turning the battlefield into a sea of blood.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Book Klendathu had sub-light travel because Heinlein was trying to be scientifically accurate. So anybody with faster than light is going to treat them like sitting ducks, picking them off at will.

Since all the Avengers have to do is specifically defend the Earth, I don't see Captain Marvel having any trouble soloing the whole situation.

Movie version (and I never watched another of the movies after the disaster that was the first movie) I can't say much about.
    i'd stick with the first movie. the rest just.......yuck.

Stark and Shuri re-engineer Ultrons floating city tech to tear Klendathu apart, or Carol just straight up Freizas it and dives through the planets core.