Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Okay, so going forward...

The matches are there to be discussed for five days (last week it was a whole week).

There'll be a short break between matches ending and poll threads being put up.

The polls will be active for two days.

That gives a total of eight/nine days to decide on your vote. So it should be more than enough time.

Clicking "vote" only takes second. You have as long as you want after that (within reason, obviously - don't take days, please) to post your justification. Preferably do so by the time the poll ends.

The polls will remain active for two days - store threads then need to be updated and I'll need to update the draft lists, and you'll need to update your team profiles, following any purchases. The two day thing means there's a break period, which I need when I'm running the thing. I don't have time to monitor this, literally, 24/7.

Everyone should know the deal now.
    Last edited by KJS; 06-04-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Got it.

What’s the cutoff for sending in strats? When is the next one due? Tomorrow correct?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Got it.

What’s the cutoff for sending in strats? When is the next one due? Tomorrow correct?
    It's always Sunday.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...)-The-Fixtures

You can find the dates in this thread.

Well, I'm not one to point fingers since I ended up staying up ungodly late to send mine.

The cut-off is Tuesday, as per the new shopping thread.

I'm trying to increase participation by making the whole thing more relaxed, with more breaks.

I said "any time" on Tuesday, but ideally it would be early, as the idea is to be finished discussion by Saturday, and I need time to post the matches once the strats arrive in my inbox.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    The cut-off is Tuesday, as per the new shopping thread.

I'm trying to increase participation by making the whole thing more relaxed, with more breaks.
    That's good, because I pulled a dumb and didn't even think about it until last night. Time to write up another genius strat.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

It all sounds good to me.

Will be turning in strat later today.

I just saw something that will TOTALLY CHANGE THE FACE of future leagues (assuming they aren't all live action).

SPOILER ALERT for Pokémon Sword/Shield Direct:

spoilers:
    Giant Kaiju Pokémon!!
    end of spoilers

Before we move onto week 3 after the polls, we need to know how far the teams are apart on Starkiller Base.

This also applies to Fort Old Military Base, Westeros and Asgard.

We need actual distances in the arena profiles.

Thanks.

Extraordinary Member

Before we move onto week 3 after the polls, we need to know how far the teams are apart on Starkiller Base.

Thanks.
    I don't know actual distances, all I have is Geography. At Star Killer the Teams are on Opposite sides of the Planetary Trench, with the Big Gun directly between them

Meanwhile in Asgard the teams start on Opposite sides of the Bay, with the Bifrost between them

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I don't know actual distances, all I have is Geography. At Star Killer the Teams are on Opposite sides of the Planetary Trench, with the Big Gun directly between them

Meanwhile in Asgard the teams start on Opposite sides of the Bay, with the Bifrost between them
    In which case please specify a distance of your choice that we can use.

Actual distance is an essential part of what we need to know. Leaving it for people to guess will lead to people interpreting it differently - and one person thinking something is "1.5 miles" and another thinking "2 miles" could compromise a match.

Not to mention the likelihood of people ending up arguing over what the actual distance is.

Extraordinary Member

In which case please specify a distance of your choice that we can use.

Actual distance is an essential part of what we need to know. Leaving it for people to guess will lead to people interpreting it differently - and one person thinking something is "1.5 miles" and another thinking "2 miles" could compromise a match.

Not to mention the likelihood of people ending up arguing over what the actual distance is.
    Well, what do you think would be a good Distance between the two halves of this Trench?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Well, what do you think would be a good Distance between the two halves of this Trench?
    Well the planets diameter is only 660 kilometers, so the trench couldn't be that wide.

I was thinking up future strategies and had a rules clarification question.

I recall that many leagues ago, we ruled that an entire team leaving the battlefield to operate from afar would be considered a self-ring-out, to prevent cheesing I believe.

Is it alright though if a single members leave the arena and comes back later, as long as the rest of the team isn't defeated in the meantime?

Thanks.
    Fair enough. When I said "Other end of the city" I was thinking of the housing complex. I couldn't find any exact numbers for that part of the area, so we'll say the teams start with 5 miles between them as the crow flies. I will edit that in to my description.

Is Superman (DCEU) the one from Man of Steel?