Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Rumblers League (Live Action Edition): Interest/Sign-up Thread

Okay, so I intend to start a new Rumblers League, but I want it to be:

a) Less powerful than previous ones.
    b) More manageable for me as the person running it.
    c) Different to previous ones.

...all for the sake of both my sanity and keeping things interesting.

Therefore, my idea is to run a live action edition.

Here are just some of the things people will be able to pick characters and items from:
    - MCU movies.
    - MCU television shows.
    - DCEU movies.
    - The Arrowverse.
    - X-Men movies.
    - Past Marvel/DC movies (Raimi's Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man, Blade, Fantastic Four/Fant4stic, Reeve/Routh Superman, Supergirl, Affleck Daredevil, Watchmen, Ghost Rider, Green Lantern, Dark Knight, Keaton Batman, Jonah Hex, Steel etc).
    - Non-Marvel/DC comic book movies (Spawn, The Mask, Hellboy, The Crow, Phantom, Tank Girl etc).
    - Other comic TV shows (Lois and Clark, 60s Batman, Smallville, Blade: The Series etc).
    - Miscellaneous superhuman movies (Hancock, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Sky High, Chronicle, Jumper, Masters of the Universe etc).
    - Every single horror movie ever made.
    - Every single action movie ever made (Rambo, Die Hard, Mission Impossible, Bourne, Expendables, Commando, The Running Man etc).
    - Epic historical/mythological type movies (Gladiator, Troy, Immortals, Clash of the Titans, Jason and the Argonauts).
    - Star Wars.
    - Star Trek.
    - Lord of the Rings.
    - Harry Potter.
    - Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
    - Heroes.
    - Doctor Who/Torchwood.
    - The Walking Dead.
    - Lost.
    - The Terminator series.
    - Alien/Predator movies.
    - A bunch of other sci-fi stuff (War of the Worlds, Independence Day, District 9, Battle Los Angeles, The Day the Earth Stood Still etc).
    - King Kong/Godzilla type stuff.
    - Supernatural.
    - Charmed.
    - Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
    - Power Rangers.
    - Super Sentai.
    - VR Troopers.
    - Professional wrestling (MMA and boxing as well, if you wish).

So, could I ask who would be interested in this? Would anyone definitely sign-up?

I would try to make it less complicated, with less commitment requirements than previous leagues, but there would still be a draft, item purchases, scheduled matches (perhaps every TWO weeks this time) etc.

Anyone?
    Last edited by KJS; 07-30-2018 at 07:38 AM.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Interesting mix up to the classic tourney. I'm down to do this.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

eh I Won't be ridiculously OP, but since no-one ever buys my super broken ideas, it'll probably end up the same for me. I'm in.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Sure I'm still in. At least this way we probably avoid someone putting in obscure characters whose feats are impossible to track down.

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to give it a shot

Excellent. That's a good start.

I like this on a visual level, too - i.e. I'll be able to picture/imagine what's going on a lot easier (rather than trying to picture 3D live action characters interacting with cartoons and comic book characters etc).

With me, that's 5 entrants. A minimum of 3 more and we'd be good to go (Ideally, we'd get at least 10, but 8 would suffice).

Out of interest, do any of you who took part in the previous league (after Tami took over the running of it from me) have a link to the most up-to-date draft list and store? Just so we can extract the live action characters/items from it and have something to start with before we start adding more.

I am interested, we are totally going to need to overhaul the draft lists though, and set new powercaps
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 07-31-2018 at 12:05 AM.

Team list (to edit accordingly as new entrants emerge):

KJS
    Darth Drizzle
    The MunchKING
    Siriel
    Jcogginsa
    Stigmazilla
    Cleric of Hell’s Brigade
    moonknight11
    MarvelFan91
    Last edited by KJS; 08-07-2018 at 01:56 AM.

I think we should come up with a way to make speed a little less important.

For instance, starting teams further away from each other (option "A"), making it so teams don't know where their opponents are starting (option "B"), or putting something in between them that needs to be overcome (option "C").

I personally think option "A" is most realistic. Potentially starting the teams on different continents or even planets (probably not the latter).

What do people think of Smallville Clark as the upper-limit for power levels?

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I think we should come up with a way to make speed a little less important.

For instance, starting teams further away from each other (option "A"), making it so teams don't know where their opponents are starting (option "B"), or putting something in between them that needs to be overcome (option "C").

I personally think option "A" is most realistic. Potentially starting the teams on different continents or even planets (probably not the latter).
    All 3 would be a good option as a far starting distance with obstacles in between a general starting point of the enemy your after would slow things down.

Or just make speed in tiers where everyone on that tier is equal. Like Tier 2 is Comic Peak human, Tier 3 is Cass bullet timing, etc. Then it would be up to fighting skill, technique, and physical prowess to determine who would use it best in said situation.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    What do people think of Smallville Clark as the upper-limit for power levels?
    Hmm.

He still has lights peed movement/reaction time,small river vaporising HV, and if going by his final feats has class 100 strength. Physically he is a beast but lack of exotic defenses or attacks is a downside, unless you use others as benchmarks like Strange for magic or Xavier for telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Hmm.

He still has lights peed movement/reaction time,small river vaporising HV, and if going by his final feats has class 100 strength. Physically he is a beast but lack of exotic defenses or attacks is a downside, unless you use others as benchmarks like Strange for magic or Xavier for telepathy.
    What about DCEU Supes?

And yes, we'll have magic and telepathy limits too.

Definitely someone more powerful than MCU Strange for magic (something from Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, maybe?) and no more powerful than Fox Xavier for telepathy.

Edit: As soon as we fathom these limits, we can start putting forward mass lists for inclusion in the draft list/store.
    Last edited by KJS; 07-31-2018 at 08:24 AM.

He would be better. Him matching the Flash is still much slower than Smallville Supes and Dceu' strength is comparable to CW Supergirl's so it's not in a league of it's own. Sounds solid for physical Cap or near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    He would be better. Him matching the Flash is still much slower than Smallville Supes and Dceu' strength is comparable to CW Supergirl's so it's not in a league of it's own. Sounds solid for physical Cap or near it.
    Are there many live action telepaths in Fox Professor X's ballpark?

And who are we thinking for the magical limit?

Voldemort? Gandalf? Someone above MCU Strange, but not by an awful lot (note, I'm not a Potter/LotR fan, so I'm not totally clear on where everyone in those universes are at in terms of their levels).