Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Do We not have access to the old wiki anymore?
    I can still go there and see it. I haven't tried editing it.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I can still go there and see it. I haven't tried editing it.
    I think we should just start a new one. Editing it would tarnish/delete the work of others.

We can use it as a reference to pull live action characters/items from, but I'd say leave it alone apart from that.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    What about telepathic protection?

Aside from Magneto's helmet, are there many ways to protect from it in live action media?

We definitely need to find more ways of matching Professor X (if we're going to include him).

Emma Frost is another who's a good start.
    Xavier has taken over strong willed minds (Young Jean) and his mental battle with Apocalypse shows that he can effect strong willed people. He may have to left off the list for simplicity and power curve sake.

For defense most are biological (vampires, robots) or technological (Magneto helmet, Legions TP blocking head gear) and only work against whatever level of psionic power its facing at the time. The only defense I can see working on Xavier level telepathy is Mags helmet and Legions headgear but that has to be put on the opponent so I don't know how effective that will be in the League.

E: Also if we take peoples feats from Legion then him and the Shadow King will need to be nerfed telepathically as well
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 08-01-2018 at 06:45 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I think we should just start a new one. Editing it would tarnish/delete the work of others.
    Well I more meant in the context of "add a new set of pages for the new League" rather than delete the old.

We can use it as a reference to pull live action characters/items from, but I'd say leave it alone apart from that.
    Probably wisest.

Is that Draft list using the ones from the other wiki? I saw some I thought were in there, but didn't see others...

(Also I would challenge your assumption that animated movies can't be action or horror. The Japanese LOVE Their animated Horror movies)
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Is that Draft list using the ones from the other wiki? I saw some I thought were in there, but didn't see others...
    It's a mix. I added some new ones who wouldn't have been around when that was made.

(Also I would challenge your assumption that animated movies can't be action or horror. The Japanese LOVE Their animated Horror movies)
    Fair enough. I personally see "horror" as "something that might scare me or make me jump" - and that would never happen with an animated movie - but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Xavier has taken over strong willed minds (Young Jean) and his mental battle with Apocalypse shows that he can effect strong willed people. He may have to left off the list for simplicity and power curve sake.
    Does "having telepathic powers" automatically equate to being "strong willed"?

I was more thinking of people who have major willpower feats. I don't think he ever showed the ability to get into the head of someone like comic Victor Von Doom, for instance (who I know WON'T be in this league, but just for example).

Regardless, I think with Emma Frost, Legion characters, Hector Hammond, vampires, robots etc, we'll have enough to ensure that someone like Xavier won't guarantee an easy victory.

In the movie X universe they replace willpower for actual telepathically ability as better defense, and even in Comics strong will in the X Men is not a factor as they only have trouble with other telepaths or power negating tech.

Magneto(old and young) would be the strongest willed person in the movies and even he needed the helmet to not be instantly taken over, which is what happened to him.

Also when Young Xavier was a wreck and lost his will he couldn't control or use his powers at all. When he got his willpower back he was able to do the freeze large groups of people while miles away and talking to a single person with ease.

Post so nice I did it twice

Extraordinary Member

Would live action adaptations of Anime be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Would live action adaptations of Anime be allowed?
    Absolutely. Anything in live action. I know there have been live action Dragonballs and Fist of the North Stars etc. They can all be added - but just remember it would only be the live action feats being taken into consideration (so, for example, Goku isn't going to be the Superman-rivalling character he might be in the anime, if it's the Justin Chatwin version).

Extraordinary Member

Absolutely. Anything in live action. I know there have been live action Dragonballs and Fist of the North Stars etc. They can all be added - but just remember it would only be the live action feats being taken into consideration (so, for example, Goku isn't going to be the Superman-rivalling character he might be in the anime, if it's the Justin Chatwin version).
    Well in that case, I know there are live action movie of:
    Sailor Moon (technically, this one is a TV series)
    Ranma 1/2
    Jojo Part 4
    Bleach
    Death Note
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Attack on Titan
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Assasination Classroom

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Well in that case, I know there are live action movie of:
    Sailor Moon (technically, this one is a TV series)
    Ranma 1/2
    Jojo Part 4
    Bleach
    Death Note
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Attack on Titan
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Assasination Classroom
    Feel free to add the eligible characters/items from those to the draft list/store.

Not that I'm particularly interested in using these characters but could Roger Rabit, or Bugs Bunny from Space Jam be used.

Also for characters like Darth Vader do we use just his love action movie feats?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Not that I'm particularly interested in using these characters but could Roger Rabit, or Bugs Bunny from Space Jam be used.

Also for characters like Darth Vader do we use just his love action movie feats?
    No to Roger Rabbit and Bugs Bunny. The difference between those and other CGI/animated characters (such as King Kong, Godzilla or Incubus) is that they aren’t MEANT to be live action. They are very explicitly “toons”.

And it’s live action feats only.

I'd like to do the draft for this next weekend. So if anyone else wants to join, speak up ASAP please!

Also, re: the draft list and item store creation threads, let's get that done ASAP as well!

With a smaller selection of picks available, it will be one pick per go to begin with in the draft, then, after a couple of picks each, we'll make it two per pick to speed things up.

We also need to specify how many credits we start with and other limits (minimum/maximum team size, how many tens we're allowed to start with etc).