Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 471
  1. #436
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    The current draft list is on posts 2, 3 and 4 of this thread.
    Okay, trying to make up a list now. Question: When assigning numbers for the Wrestlers, do I stick to just the Live Action stuff or can I also take into account the character's feats from their tie-in comics and animated movies? Their superhuman attributes are more physically on display there

  2. #437
    Writer and editor KJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Okay, trying to make up a list now. Question: When assigning numbers for the Wrestlers, do I stick to just the Live Action stuff or can I also take into account the character's feats from their tie-in comics and animated movies? Their superhuman attributes are more physically on display there
    Just the live action feats

  3. #438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Also Week 1 battle of the Infinity Stones is for all the Marbles
    I'll be honest i think you're probably my worst match-up in our teams' current states. The only contender for that title is KJS, but we only meet in round 4.

  4. #439
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,603

    Default

    So, I'm new to this. Is there anything that I should be doing right now?

  5. #440
    Writer and editor KJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, I'm new to this. Is there anything that I should be doing right now?
    Nope, you're fine for the moment. I'll get back to everyone regarding start dates after the new characters/items are added.

    At that point, you'll just have to write a strategy for your first match - but I'll give you plenty of notice and we'll all give pointers.

  6. #441
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    4,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I'll be honest i think you're probably my worst match-up in our teams' current states. The only contender for that title is KJS, but we only meet in round 4.
    You say that until everyone gets overrun by fifty billion demon-spiders each the size of a truck, and capable of shredding low-end superhumans.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  7. #442
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    4,482

    Default

    Speaking of vaguely alluding to my team Strat, are we doing that thing where people analyze each others teams and speculates on how awesome they will or won't be?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  8. #443
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    4,482

    Default

    Oh, I thought that for the connivence of everyone, for when we start, I would link to all these other threads. That way you don't have to go looking for them like I did.

    Teams Thread
    Fixtures
    Location Profiles
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  9. #444
    Writer and editor KJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Oh, I thought that for the connivence of everyone, for when we start, I would link to all these other threads. That way you don't have to go looking for them like I did.

    Teams Thread
    Fixtures
    Location Profiles
    That will all be linked to in appropriate new threads well in advance of the league starting (after Endgame's release).
    Last edited by KJS; 04-17-2019 at 03:54 AM.

  10. #445
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Finally saw both Captain Marvel and Shazam in theaters, then rented Aquaman on DVD, and finished off with Ant Man and Wasp on Netflix. After seeing them all I have no idea where all the negative views came from as they were all pretty good.

    I would go
    1. Captain Marvel
    2. Ant Man/Wasp
    3.Aquaman
    4. Shazam

  11. #446
    Writer and editor KJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Okay... that's the first week over. It didn't go very well.

    I didn't bother voting. It actually felt like a comprehensive, thorough vote was a waste of time and might even compromise the results, given the nature of the majority of the other votes.

    Just to explain further with a couple of examples...

    - Siriel didn't write his strategy (which involved five characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately lose - because Doom couldn't counter Shadow King.
    - Munch didn't write his strategy (which involved eight characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately lose - because Daphne's pretty fast.
    - Cleric didn't write his strategy (which involved six characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately lose - because Superman underestimated a couple of the opposing team's eight characters.
    - And I certainly didn't write my strategy (which involved six characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately draw - because of one character's fear manipulation. That fear-based power requires close proximity and line of sight (the telepathy doesn't, the fear projection absolutely does), which never happens in that match - which is probably why it wasn't mentioned at all in my opponent's argument during the discussion week. The discussion of the match literally wasn't read at all for that to have happened (and the fact that someone not part of the league copied that argument, then changed the match's outcome epitomises the issue).

    Going forward, with only three matches every two weeks to comment on, please make sure you comment on how you think the TEAM is defeated. Please at least TRY to work out how the entire match goes. Don't base your entire vote on one character's power. All that says to me is "I haven't read this properly, so here's a half-hearted reason that will sort of make it look like I have". That's how it looks. And, as I said earlier, there's no point in going to the effort of writing a strategy if that's the case.

    That being said, the shopping thread is now up. Let's try to make this a bit more worthwhile going forward.
    Last edited by KJS; 06-01-2019 at 07:48 AM.

  12. #447

    Default

    I'm really sorry for the lack of vote on my end; I was planning to, but I wanted to do proper analysis while being busy during the week, I'd forgotten that voting finished today rather than tomorrow. I'll do better next time, including about debating.

  13. #448
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Okay... that's the first week over. It didn't go very well.

    I didn't bother voting. It actually felt like a comprehensive, thorough vote was a waste of time and might even compromise the results, given the nature of the majority of the other votes.

    Just to explain further with a couple of examples...

    - Siriel didn't write his strategy (which involved five characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately lose - because Doom couldn't counter Shadow King.
    - Munch didn't write his strategy (which involved eight characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately lose - because Daphne's pretty fast.
    - Cleric didn't write his strategy (which involved six characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately lose - because Superman underestimated a couple of the opposing team's eight characters.
    - And I certainly didn't write my strategy (which involved six characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately draw - because of one character's fear manipulation. That fear-based power requires close proximity and line of sight (the telepathy doesn't, the fear projection absolutely does), which never happens in that match - which is probably why it wasn't mentioned at all in my opponent's argument during the discussion week. The discussion of the match literally wasn't read at all for that to have happened (and the fact that someone not part of the league copied that argument, then changed the match's outcome epitomises the issue).

    Going forward, with only three matches every two weeks to comment on, please make sure you comment on how you think the TEAM is defeated. Please at least TRY to work out how the entire match goes. Don't base your entire vote on one character's power. All that says to me is "I haven't read this properly, so here's a half-hearted reason that will sort of make it look like I have". That's how it looks. And, as I said earlier, there's no point in going to the effort of writing a strategy if that's the case.

    That being said, the shopping thread is now up. Let's try to make this a bit more worthwhile going forward.
    Dude, if you wanted comprehensive reasons for the voting, you should have said so in the OP. You didn't. All you said was to make the reason longer than a couple words, which most people did.

  14. #449
    Mighty Member moonknight11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    If voting reasons need to be that comprehensive should we maybe add an extra voting day

    Anyway sorry for not voting, I totally didn't read the 2 day limit and was still very undecided at the last second.

  15. #450
    Incredible Member Stigmazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Okay... that's the first week over. It didn't go very well.

    I didn't bother voting. It actually felt like a comprehensive, thorough vote was a waste of time and might even compromise the results, given the nature of the majority of the other votes.

    Just to explain further with a couple of examples...

    - Siriel didn't write his strategy (which involved five characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately lose - because Doom couldn't counter Shadow King.
    - Munch didn't write his strategy (which involved eight characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately lose - because Daphne's pretty fast.
    - Cleric didn't write his strategy (which involved six characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately lose - because Superman underestimated a couple of the opposing team's eight characters.
    - And I certainly didn't write my strategy (which involved six characters) only to be voted against - and ultimately draw - because of one character's fear manipulation. That fear-based power requires close proximity and line of sight (the telepathy doesn't, the fear projection absolutely does), which never happens in that match - which is probably why it wasn't mentioned at all in my opponent's argument during the discussion week. The discussion of the match literally wasn't read at all for that to have happened (and the fact that someone not part of the league copied that argument, then changed the match's outcome epitomises the issue).

    Going forward, with only three matches every two weeks to comment on, please make sure you comment on how you think the TEAM is defeated. Please at least TRY to work out how the entire match goes. Don't base your entire vote on one character's power. All that says to me is "I haven't read this properly, so here's a half-hearted reason that will sort of make it look like I have". That's how it looks. And, as I said earlier, there's no point in going to the effort of writing a strategy if that's the case.

    That being said, the shopping thread is now up. Let's try to make this a bit more worthwhile going forward.
    I didnt realize that the voting window was that length.

    As for my short response, I do feel that one character can not being countered in the right way can mave a major effect on a match, and didnt feel the need to go into major details, especially as I wanted to get into the other matches. Next time I will do a more detailed breakdown, and go further into my reasoning. I meant no disrespect to any of the competitors.

    I would also agree with adding more time to the voting, especially so we can make longer breakdowns

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •