Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Shrugs;

If you guys want to keep waiting then ok. We have waited nearly a month already though. This tournament idea could be cool. Personally I'd prefer to keep things live action. Other people, myself included have ran versions of the league, or tournaments inspired by it, so I dont see stealing KJSs thunder as a major issue
    If the others think it's okay to proceed, then I'll go with it.

Okay if we're doing this, just tell me what day I'll resend my strat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Okay if we're doing this, just tell me what day I'll resend my strat.
    Are you talking about doing my idea or continuing the current league while KJS is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Are you talking about doing my idea or continuing the current league while KJS is gone?
    Well then I was talking about the continuing the league but I'm still more drawn to doing your idea while we wait.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Well then I was talking about the continuing the league but I'm still more drawn to doing your idea while we wait.
    Well if we do mine I was assuming we'd pick new teams

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I'm down for either.

If people want to wait longer for the Live Action Tourney and do a Alternate Series in between that's cool.

Or we could continue where we left off the Live Action Tourney and go from their.

If there is a stop gap Tourney then getting that hashed out and started fairly soon would be preferred so we dont take time to get that started than suddenly cancel it and switch back to the Live Action when KJS returns.

Extraordinary Member

If we do my tournament as filler, then we should probably start working on a list of characters and items to pick from.

One thing that I would like to do for these characters is to ensure that they all have easy to find Respect Threads, so that their feats are readily available for viewing.

If we do my tournament as filler, then we should probably start working on a list of characters and items to pick from.

One thing that I would like to do for these characters is to ensure that they all have easy to find Respect Threads, so that their feats are readily available for viewing.
    We already have a huge list from our old Rumblers League on the Wiki Dot page you can find by Google searching Rumblers League Wikidot or Rumblers League Store.

I missed your Tourney idea. What kind is it again?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    We already have a huge list from our old Rumblers League on the Wiki Dot page you can find by Google searching Rumblers League Wikidot or Rumblers League Store.

I missed your Tourney idea. What kind is it again?
    Essentially It would be a one round tournament based on the Tournament of Power from Dragonball. That means the following

1. All teams compete at the same time, in the same arena. Teams are a maximum of 10 members.

2. Killing is not permuted, participants may only be eliminated by being thrown from the ring. For this reason, Flying techniques are nullified, though you can still fly with natural abilities like Wings. Eliminated team members cannot attack those still in the ring, but they can contribute to their own team via methods such as giving energy

3. The battle lasts 48 minutes. If there is more than one team left in the ring at the end, then the winner is whichever one has the most participants still in the ring

(There are additional rules banning weapons, but I probably won't include those)

That seems kind of hard to do Rumbles wise as there are a lot of variables and possible scenarios to account for.

From who gets eliminated and when to simple area/directional navigation of saying "Character X blocks attacks" but from which direction and what kind of attack is unknown and who it is from would be hard to pin down. Add in that 6 to 8 stratagies would all be happening at once theoretically and you see how hard something like this would be.

1 Team vs another team with these rules would work out better than a Royal Rumble imo.

Extraordinary Member

That seems kind of hard to do Rumbles wise as there are a lot of variables and possible scenarios to account for.

From who gets eliminated and when to simple area/directional navigation of saying "Character X blocks attacks" but from which direction and what kind of attack is unknown and who it is from would be hard to pin down. Add in that 6 to 8 stratagies would all be happening at once theoretically and you see how hard something like this would be.

1 Team vs another team with these rules would work out better than a Royal Rumble imo.
    Well, Doing it one on one would probably cause it to take longer. I'm not opposed to it, but it's something to consider

Well, Doing it one on one would probably cause it to take longer. I'm not opposed to it, but it's something to consider
    Maybe 3 teams fighting at once would workout as that seems more manageable.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe 3 teams fighting at once would workout as that seems more manageable.
    Hmm, that could work.

Who here is interested in participating?

Hmm, that could work.

Who here is interested in participating?
    I'm down to give it a go.

im down as well. 3 team battle royale sounds cool.