Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It had a pretty obvious similarity to Justice League, but was much easier to follow with the lack of a tie-in. That action was tremendous.

This was great, and Barbari nails the kids, his art is so comicky.

I know I’m dumb but who is the Sasquatch analog?

Amazing Member

On a side note (roasted my fingers cooking tonight DOH) but.. reading Super Sons as well as Batman.. It seems as though SS has different paper stock? Or maybe the paper weight is the same but SS is lacking a glossy finish to the paper? For whatever reason (unless its just in my head and the paper is the same) I REALLY like whatever they used on SS and wish they would move all their titles to that kind of paper. (feels different, non-glossy but definitely still a step up from old newsprint..) Can anyone confirm? Or am I just smokin somethin?...

Hilarious issue. Damian and Jon’s banter continues to be my favorite part of the book.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Kevin as far as I can tell they have been experimenting with this paper stock randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    This was great, and Barbari nails the kids, his art is so comicky.

I know I’m dumb but who is the Sasquatch analog?
    The Shaggy Man is a villain from the silver age originally. Very strong and weird.

Astonishing Member

Glad this thread was up as I didn't realize it was out this week. Will pick my copy up ASAP.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Hilarious issue. Damian and Jon’s banter continues to be my favorite part of the book.
    That's what I loved about Super Sons.

This comic was brilliant fun. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And "The Gang" make hilarious villains.

I bought both covers, something I almost never do. But I couldn't not have that beautiful Jorge Jimenez cover!

Edit: By the way, I know there must be some "digital only" readers of this title who might not have bought it yet.

As I bought two copies, I have two digital codes for this first issue. I used one myself. If anyone wants the second one, just let me know by private message. Free of charge (literally), but first come, first served.
    Last edited by Spiderboy12; 08-02-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Ah, needed this like a fix.

But, with their new foes, the Super Sons need the-
    *random person*- Don't say it!
    Super Friends!

Astonishing Member

Such a fun book. Glad it's back.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Look at it another way.

1. A relaunch typically helps sales and sales for super sons was starting to decline a bit
    2. The book will relaunch again once this story finishes for another story if sales are good
    Well they should cancel and relaunch Superman, Batman and all DC comics since their sales are also in decline from when they 1st launched. What a silly idea. Supersons was one of DC's better performing comics. All comics experience decline.

Heck Supersons was performing better than some titles that just went from monthly to bi weekly recently.

I enjoyed this issue and i'm glad it's back but still can't understand why this series had to be cancelled. DC just seems to enjoy hobbling itself at times.
    Last edited by Fergus; 08-07-2018 at 06:09 AM.

Finally got around reading it and I'm not a big fan of the art, but story sounds entertaining and I have missed those boys a lot so I'm on board again.

As for cancellation of previous series, I don't like it and for me neither sales argument works (it was selling better than many other titles) nor "story reasons" explanation since when Dark Metal was going on main Batman title just did long War of Jokes and Riddles storyline that was happening in the past so I see no reason why same couldn't have been done with Super Sons.