Thread: Unread posts

Default Unread posts

I have a habit of opening my subscribed to threads and closing them without reading all posts, which then loses track of the last unread post. Would it be possible to add a function that would allow me to manually choose a specific post as "last read" so that I know for certain that's where I left off? I'm guessing no, but it would be so convenient!

I'm having a related problem with the feature, even when I read a thread to the end. It's quite often that I don't end up at the last read post when clicking the 'new post'-link and I have to backtrack to my last position. It feels like I end up not at the latest read post but rather the latest post since my last visit to the forum.

E.g. If I read to the end of a 20 post thread and on my next CBR-session visit the thread again then I end up at post 21. But if I don't revisit the thread until further sessions away I usually end up much later in the thread. Bug or feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    I'm having a related problem with the feature, even when I read a thread to the end. It's quite often that I don't end up at the last read post when clicking the 'new post'-link and I have to backtrack to my last position. It feels like I end up not at the latest read post but rather the latest post since my last visit to the forum.

E.g. If I read to the end of a 20 post thread and on my next CBR-session visit the thread again then I end up at post 21. But if I don't revisit the thread until further sessions away I usually end up much later in the thread. Bug or feature?
    I'm curious of that as well. That was part of my problem. That's why I think some type of custom bookmark function would be very convenient.

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

What you're asking for is not a feature in vBulletin.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    What you're asking for is not a feature in vBulletin.
    I figured. Thanks for the response.