Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I kind of put most of what Vicki did before Flashpoint in the "probably didn't happen" box, since current Vicki hasn't really shown a ton of interest romantically in Bruce (in her one major appearance since Flashpoint, that being Batman Eternal, she mostly hangs out with Jason Bard).

Character crossover lovers unite!
    Is that so? You know... we’re supposed to get a love triangle in Nightwing soon. You don’t think...that they’d age down Vicki enough that she’s the other part of Dick’s triangle, do you?

As for the issue itself, I’m so glad allays Janson was on inks. I think Mooneyham’s been good so far, but Janson’s inks really elevate the art for me. The plot tho... not so much. The ending was random, the whole story’s felt decompressed so far, etc. Honestly, I’m not impressed with this run so far. But the next two issues, #48-49 is exactly my kinda thing, and #50-51 sound interesting enough. Plus, the Annual this month might address my concerns about this issue’s plotting, too. So, with the double shipping considered, I’m still in for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Is that so? You know... we’re supposed to get a love triangle in Nightwing soon. You don’t think...that they’d age down Vicki enough that she’s the other part of Dick’s triangle, do you?

As for the issue itself, I’m so glad allays Janson was on inks. I think Mooneyham’s been good so far, but Janson’s inks really elevate the art for me. The plot tho... not so much. The ending was random, the whole story’s felt decompressed so far, etc. Honestly, I’m not impressed with this run so far. But the next two issues, #48-49 is exactly my kinda thing, and #50-51 sound interesting enough. Plus, the Annual this month might address my concerns about this issue’s plotting, too. So, with the double shipping considered, I’m still in for this book.

Maybe Vicki likes younger men.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

Oh, dear, I hope not.

I don't think I'd say this is decompressed - but it definitely is an opening, and not a complete arc. I'm hoping that the character dynamics continue, since that's really what I'm enjoying.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I tried to give Percy a chance, but his arc is so boring so far. It shame that Humphries wasn't given another arc because it's one of few times I enjoyed Dick's book besides the black Mirror.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    dicks a big boy now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    dicks a big boy now
    She's a reporter. Dick deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    She's a reporter. Dick deserves better.
    What's wrong with reporters?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Red Robin 010009.jpg

Master Timothy is far to young for you...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Vicki has never come across as a nice person--just wants to get a scoop, advance her career, and not particular about the means. But she IS a redhead, so that's Kryptonite for Dick Grayson.

Fantastic Member

But isn't Vicki Bruce's former date…?Has Her history with Bruce been erased since rebirth?
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 08-03-2018 at 10:15 PM.