Default Wonder Woman Villain: How would you fix Crimson Centipede?

Such a bizarre creation from Kanigher and Andru - although I do love his Silver Age zaniness. (I mean, suction cup boots are pretty fab.)

How would you update the many-armed menace and many-footed marauder for modern audiences and as a Amazon adversary? Would Crimson Centipede be connected to or have any relationships or alliances with other Wonder foes? Or would he stand on his own?

What would he look like and what powers and abilities might he have at the tip of his many fingertips (or legs)?

crimsoncentipede1a.jpg

crimson-centipede1b.jpg

crimsoncentipede1.jpg

A more recent (unnamed) version of unknown origin that went up against Steve Trevor.

crimsoncentipede4.jpg

Well the original Crimson Centipede had been established as a creation of Ares meant to destroy Wonder Woman. Though his modus operandi seemed to be stealing money and using the funds to pay other people to commit crimes all in the name of proving Wonder Woman incompetent.

Honestly if I was trying to modernize him, id establish how he was created. Perhaps Ares took eight of the most bloodthirsty warriors he could find, granted them immortality, and promised great power to the winner. Leading to them fighting and fighting until limbs were lost and only one was left standing, the others still concious and screaming in pain. Ares rewarding the winner, would take the dismembered parts of those who lost and graft them onto the winner, giving him a twisted form with the addition of powers like wall walking.
    And include upon this new form the heads of the seven failed warriors who could do little more than scream in futility at their unending lives.

Full horror~

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Well the original Crimson Centipede had been established as a creation of Ares meant to destroy Wonder Woman. Though his modus operandi seemed to be stealing money and using the funds to pay other people to commit crimes all in the name of proving Wonder Woman incompetent.

Honestly if I was trying to modernize him, id establish how he was created. Perhaps Ares took eight of the most bloodthirsty warriors he could find, granted them immortality, and promised great power to the winner. Leading to them fighting and fighting until limbs were lost and only one was left standing, the others still concious and screaming in pain. Ares rewarding the winner, would take the dismembered parts of those who lost and graft them onto the winner, giving him a twisted form with the addition of powers like wall walking.
    And include upon this new form the heads of the seven failed warriors who could do little more than scream in futility at their unending lives.

Full horror~
    Definitely gruesome!

I say it works for Saturna/Eviless as a monster she pulled out of some creepy dimension or it is apart of Mister Mind's Monster Society.

Current CC

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post

Full horror~
    LOL. I was about to suggest "go read Inuyasha".... but you've already summarized the basic plot I was going to recommend. (that was one of the better Inuyasha arcs I can remember)