Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Ok I shouldn't have said useless, but what I meant is guns are a big part of what these two characters do and I can't imagine having a book where they can't shoot the main bad guy. Having them not able to use their guns is too much of a 'fish out of water' scenario for the heavy hitters of the lineup. Combine that with Wolverine being taken out instantly by Magneto and Jubilee not able to do much other than throw fireworks that Magneto can block with a magnetic shield...this is what makes me think this line-up is a fake rumor. But don't get me wrong, I would love to see Cable and Bishop together, maybe in a scenario where they get to be soldiers or timecops together.
    Well, if they can make plastic Sentinels they can make plastic guns. But also, remember, there was a good stretch in the 90s where Cable didn’t even use guns. He used the psimitar instead. Still, his being half techno-organic makes him vulnerable with or without guns. Like Wolverine. Or Colossus.

Bishop, on the other hand, can drop his guns and just get charged up from the electromagnetic energy that Mags throws off. And then theoretically could just stroll up to him and beat his old ass with his fists. Bishop’s a big dude who knows how to brawl.

Yeah, well, some dude on Reddit who starts his post by saying "i'm sure you all wont believe me" is actually pretty damn right.

I wont.

Like, nope, sorry.

I’m not sure I believe him, but I hope he’s right. And as folks around here are fond of reminding me, “it’s okay to wish...”

its reddit posting about a 4chan post...

-____-

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, if they can make plastic Sentinels they can make plastic guns. But also, remember, there was a good stretch in the 90s where Cable didn’t even use guns. He used the psimitar instead. Still, his being half techno-organic makes him vulnerable with or without guns. Like Wolverine. Or Colossus.

Bishop, on the other hand, can drop his guns and just get charged up from the electromagnetic energy that Mags throws off. And then theoretically could just stroll up to him and beat his old ass with his fists. Bishop’s a big dude who knows how to brawl.
    I didn't know about the psimitar thing! I need to read up on the older stuff
    I'm still having a hard time believing the line-up is real though. Wolverine, Cable and Bishop have different powers but there are too many similarities as far as characterization, personalities, even body type. I love these three characters, but I think they're more or less interchangeable in a line-up since they're in the same 'heavy hitter that's tough to kill' category. Like you said, it's ok to wish and honestly seeing these characters work together would be super fun, but I can see that happening in a mini-series. For an ongoing that's supposed to be a major thing I think this lineup limits team dynamics too much.
    And the book is not coming out until November so at this point there are very few people who know what the line-up is going to be. What are the odds of one of these people deciding to risk a career making comics for Marvel by leaking info on 4chan?

Rover- You should definitely check out the older Cable stories. One of my favorite runs on Cable was the Weinberg/Ryan run. He became less reliant on guns and started using his telepathy and telekinesis more, along with the Psi-mitar in combat to focus his energies. Rachel was portrayed well during this era too.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No mention of the Gold cast. Will Gold continue or will it not and the cast will go into limbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No mention of the Gold cast. Will Gold continue or will it not and the cast will go into limbo?
    Gold is ending at #36. Most of the cast are already accounted for in other books, except Rachel and Kitty. Wouldn’t mind them shoving Kitty aside for a while but that’s highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Rover- You should definitely check out the older Cable stories. One of my favorite runs on Cable was the Weinberg/Ryan run. He became less reliant on guns and started using his telepathy and telekinesis more, along with the Psi-mitar in combat to focus his energies. Rachel was portrayed well during this era too.
    I've only read the Hellfire Hunt TPB as far as old Cable runs go...that's why I had him associated with using guns all the time and couldn't see him going up against Magneto without shooting

A lot of this is writer dependent. The Mike Carey cast sounds interesting but why Sunspot over Rogue or Iceman is bizzare. And Emma might not be trust worthy so that's understandable why they wouldn't follow her yet. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Gold is ending at #36. Most of the cast are already accounted for in other books, except Rachel and Kitty. Wouldn’t mind them shoving Kitty aside for a while but that’s highly unlikely.
    This. Shove her aside for now instead of shoving her down our throats.....

I absolutely love the X-Men Red cast. Hope there are no changes there. Does anyone know if Gambit will remain in that book? Or does this rumor insinuate that he may be pulling double duty?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Gold is ending, Kitty is going into comic limbo (but will likely become cameo queen when it comes to the school references), and Rachel is likely the solicited death in Extermination given how she's MIA and featured in this story.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Nods in agreement. Cable and Bishop are so much more than "Gun toters" We talking about a guy that took out the Avengers in X-Sanction and has went toe to toe with Apocalypse(Cable) Bishop has displayed several times the versatility of his energy absorbing and redirecting abilities able to absorb most forms of energy including mental, magic, and kinetic energy. Both have had extensive training in Hand to hand combat.

It would be great to see them on the same team the banter alone would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Such a great run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Nods in agreement. Cable and Bishop are so much more than "Gun toters" We talking about a guy that took out the Avengers in X-Sanction and has went toe to toe with Apocalypse(Cable) Bishop has displayed several times the versatility of his energy absorbing and redirecting abilities able to absorb most forms of energy including mental, magic, and kinetic energy. Both have had extensive training in Hand to hand combat.

It would be great to see them on the same team the banter alone would be worth it.
    I wouldn’t mind seeing Cable use the psimitar again. As well as other weapons. With regards to Bishop, I’ve always thought it would be interesting to see him get an upgrade where he doesn’t even need guns. After all, his power is to absorb and redirect energy. There’s plenty of energy all around us. If he could channel some solar energy during the day, or the Earth’s electromagnetic energy, for example, he’d always have at least a small charge and could discharge blasts from his hands. No need for guns at all.

And if he’s on a team with Cyclops, for example, it’d be pretty easy for him to say to Slim right before heading into battle, “Give me a charge” and then leap into battle all glowy and fully powered up with a lot of energy. He could actually then become the team’s powerhouse/brick character.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-31-2018 at 11:12 AM.