Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I hope this is true, but this sounds way to good to be true. It is basically what i have been hoping for. The Adjectiveless team rumor sounds perfect.Sunspot funding a X-team makes sense and good use of him. The rumor for the Uncanny line-up is great. Hickman on Uncanny has been something i have wanted since TRO. Rosenberg on X-Factor make it happen pronto.

Magneto regressing and becoming a villain again isn't good. I hope it's fake. Also don't like Prof X leading the team again. It's time for new stories, rehashes are lame.
    Last edited by thechronic92; 07-31-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Sounds like a collection of rumors and wishful thinking. I still think we are getting Jonathan Hickman though as I tend to believe Bleeding Cool.

Things I like in the rumors

-Hickman huge name and amazing writer, The only issue is Hickman is amazing at long term planning.If he is the guy the editorial needs to let threads play out

-Hickman used Sunspot and Cannonball in his avengers team so that seems to line up

-The Psylocke rumor makes perfect sense considering the editor

- I hope the new xmen rumor is true,The concept should work they have making solid new creations for the last couple years I have no idea why they using nature girl,glob herman and eyeball lad. Seriously something like Hope, X-23, Armor, Pixie, Rockslide, Anole, Hellion, Cipher,etc would work way better. X-men franchise is horrible to creations that are mid way between young teenagers and real X-men. Need to look at them as farm system for the next big hero in Marvel

I did put this on Reddit as well;

First, this all seems a bit 'to good to be true' and we all knows what is happening if it sounds to good to be true....
    As this seems to be what many many X-Men fans want and we know Marvel has not given the X-fans what they wanted ever sinse Fox.

However, lets pretend it is so...
    An X-Men team with Rogue, Cannonball and Iceman is what Mike Carey did and many fans loved that team. Adding Gambit makes sense and Emma might add some spice as well. Letting Sunspot lead the team sounds a bit off, as Emma and Rogue are quite capable leaders. So why take orders from Sunspot? On the other hand Sunspot did prove himself on the Avengers. So, yeah this is what fans want.

Uncanny sound great as well. Though Wolverine, Psylocke, Jubilee, Cable and Bishop together? Hmmm, I feel like something is missing to make me go 100% loving it. But I would still get it.

Red and Astonishing staying and keeping their current line-up makes sense for Red, as the team is just established. Astonishing feels a bit mwah on the current cast, we do need to add Firestar and Northstar, IMO.

A new series that focuses on the New X_Men Kids?? That is what fans are begging for for years and Marvel decided to completely ignore it. Instead Marvel released series with kids no one cared much for (Wolverine & the X-Men and Generation X, volume 2) Who cares for Nature Girl, Glob Herman or Shark Girl? Not many at all. Marvel then claimed no one cares for the X-kids. Wrong Marvel, fans wanted Hellion, Anole, Surge, Dust and so on, the stars of New X-Men, rather than those lesser characters.

X-factor would be awesome as well and it seems this in fact could be true as the current New Mutants and Multiple man mini series might actually be preparing us for that.

The most unbelievable part though is that the real Cyclops will return and take a backseat. On whichever team he was, he was leading it. Why bring him back, only to play a background role?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    The most unbelievable part though is that the real Cyclops will return and take a backseat. On whichever team he was, he was leading it. Why bring him back, only to play a background role?
    Not so unbelievable if the adult O5 gain their time displaced counterparts' memories when the kids go back home to the past. That would mean Scott remembering taking orders from Jean (in All-New v1 and Blue), Beast (in All-New v2), and Ms Marvel (in Champions). He might remember how much less stressful it was not being in charge, and like the lack of pressure.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love these rumors and hope they're true. cyclops coming back would be great, and having hickman write him would be even better. i liked what he did with him in avengers and secret war

A team with Iceman, Emma, Rogue, Gambit, Sunspot and Cannonball? They can have all my money! :P

The good news is, we have roughly another 3 weeks before November's solicits are published, so we'll only have to wait until then at most. I'm hoping for Marvel to announce something before mid-August actually, but won't be holding my breath...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    The good news is, we have roughly another 3 weeks before November's solicits are published, so we'll only have to wait until then at most. I'm hoping for Marvel to announce something before mid-August actually, but won't be holding my breath...
    Unless they go with something similar to the 'Classified' route, that they did with Mr. & Mrs. X. Though if it's Cyclops related, or whatever, could hinge around Extermination's #1 getting released first.

If hypothetically it is real, that adjectiveless team of Emma Frost, Iceman, Cannonball, Sunspot, Rogue and Gambit is fucking superb and I would buy by floppies and trades in bulk, especially under someone like Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Unless they go with something similar to the 'Classified' route, that they did with Mr. & Mrs. X. Though if it's Cyclops related, or whatever, could hinge around Extermination's #1 getting released first.
    Well they don't necessarily need to release info about the characters involved if it spoils stories which are still happening in other books. For me personally it's important they get the creative team right though - I will do very little with a great team line-up if I don't like the writing.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

As soon as the poster said they were putting Betsy back in her British body due to the Akira Yashida stuff, I knew it was crap.

An interesting thought experiment, but nothing more (even though Hickman is a lot of people's picks to helm the new Uncanny).
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Anybody can go on 4Chan and 'leak' information. I think there are only a handful of people at Marvel who know about the Uncanny line-up and plot...A leak is not likely because it would be so easy for them to determine who leaked the info.
    The details about the creative team are plausible but the line-up kind of doesn't make any sense. You have three 'heavy hitters' with Wolverine, Cable and Bishop. Jubille would be pretty much useless after you let these three guys loose. And Cable and Bishop's abilities are too similar to have them be part of the same lineup...and same with Psylocke, Cable and Charles Xavier, there is too much telepathic/telekinesis stuff going on.
    Cyclops stepping back from leadership is possible because we really don't know how he is going to come back. There might some kind of traumatic event altering his powers or how he feels about leadership. The Sunspot, Iceman, Emma, Canonball, Rogue and Gambit line up is believable. And so is the new book about the X-Men kids..Uncanny and the adjectiveless team are going to be the 'main books' and I think they are going to try different things to find 'side books' that do ok.