Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Well they don't necessarily need to release info about the characters involved if it spoils stories which are still happening in other books. For me personally it's important they get the creative team right though - I will do very little with a great team line-up if I don't like the writing.
    I'm sure they'll get someone solid, for the creative team. If I'm not into the lineup, though, then that's where I lose interest.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-31-2018 at 05:57 AM.

I hope this isn't true. They could use any character that has been on an X-Men team, and they chose to put Bishop and Cable on the team.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I hope this isn't true. They could use any character that has been on an X-Men team, and they chose to put Bishop and Cable on the team.
    And think about it...they are going up against Magneto. Why send Wolverine and two guys who are useless without their guns? They might as well send Pyslocke by herself. I really think this line-up is a fake leak because the fight scenes would be incredibly repetitive and pointless.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wouldn't mind the X-Factor book from Rosenberg since he clearly loves the side b*tches.

Unpopular opinion: That adjectiveless team seems awful.

Nothing against even liked but it is probably fake after all we already had a confirmation from Jordan D. White that there are no plans for the students.

If just the Hickman part of the rumor turns out to be true then I'd be happy.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I'm sure they'll get someone solid, for the creative team. If I'm not into the lineup, though, then that's where I lose interest.
    I can see your point but for me it's all about the writer. I'd argue that a good writer can make you care about the wackiest of characters (who was really into Strong Guy, Multiple Man or even Quicksilver before Peter David put them all together in X-Factor?); on the other hand, what good does having Storm in X-Men Gold do if she's written the way Guggenheim does?

I'm mostly happy with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    And think about it...they are going up against Magneto. Why send Wolverine and two guys who are useless without their guns? They might as well send Pyslocke by herself. I really think this line-up is a fake leak because the fight scenes would be incredibly repetitive and pointless.
    Useless without their guns!? LOL. Bishop was the only one who could break free when Magneto pinned all the other X-men in Fatal Attractions, because he absorbed his energy. And Cable is also a powerful telekinetic (with telepathy as well). He fought Magneto toe-to-toe in the same event. Granted, he got ripped in half. But Wolverine didn’t fare any better. But they are two of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the X-men, plus they have useful powers.

Bishop and Cable are the two best things about this rumored line-up to me. Plus Rogue, Sunspot and Emma on adjectiveless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I hope this is true, but this sounds way to good to be true. It is basically what i have been hoping for. The Adjectiveless team rumor sounds perfect.Sunspot funding a X-team makes sense and good use of him. The rumor for the Uncanny line-up is great. Hickman on Uncanny has been something i have wanted since TRO. Rosenberg on X-Factor make it happen pronto.
    Agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    A team with Iceman, Emma, Rogue, Gambit, Sunspot and Cannonball? They can have all my money! :P
    Second that! There is a lot about these rumors that feels true/makes sense. Time will tell!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope nothing of this is true.
    Why? Most of this seems good. It get better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Useless without their guns!? LOL. Bishop was the only one who could break free when Magneto pinned all the other X-men in Fatal Attractions, because he absorbed his energy. And Cable is also a powerful telekinetic (with telepathy as well). He fought Magneto toe-to-toe in the same event. Granted, he got ripped in half. But Wolverine didn’t fare any better. But they are two of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the X-men, plus they have useful powers.

Bishop and Cable are the two best things about this rumored line-up to me. Plus Rogue, Sunspot and Emma on adjectiveless.
    Ok I shouldn't have said useless, but what I meant is guns are a big part of what these two characters do and I can't imagine having a book where they can't shoot the main bad guy. Having them not able to use their guns is too much of a 'fish out of water' scenario for the heavy hitters of the lineup. Combine that with Wolverine being taken out instantly by Magneto and Jubilee not able to do much other than throw fireworks that Magneto can block with a magnetic shield...this is what makes me think this line-up is a fake rumor. But don't get me wrong, I would love to see Cable and Bishop together, maybe in a scenario where they get to be soldiers or timecops together.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I would read the **** out of a book with that lineup.
    So would I! I'd LOVE that lineup in one book.