Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

BCs rumors are just as meh IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No Wolverine or Professor X on Uncanny? Really? There must be another book planned for later then.
    Logan fate is pretty obvious, he is going to have his solo and be part of at least 2 teams (they are probably going to resurrect X-Force with him or Cable i presume). Xavier is the odd one, because his return was handle in a rather strange way.

I know even BleedingCool should be a slightly more "trustworthy" source, at least when compared to a random Internet anonymous post from 4chan, yet I still have my doubts.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gotunandan View Post
    bleedingcool seems to think things are slightly different - https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...4chan-rumours/
    Between how busy I've been and the CBR crashes, I'd waited to comment on the supposed leaks, and I suspected it was fake anyhow. I'm not sure whether I should be happy or disappointed. Dauterman and/or Marquez on art. A team with Iceman, Rogue, Cannonball & Sunspot. The return of Cyclops. A New X-Men title. An X-Factor revival. That'd all be uncanny. Though at the same time, Prof X and Wolverine as leads, Magneto reverting to villainy and having Bishop + Cable on the same team... that doesn't appeal to me. This commentary has me siding with Bleedingcool. I wish Marvel would just go ahead and drop some hints already. I suppose they're waiting for Blue+Gold to finish, and Extermination.

Notes:

• I don't mind that Hickman isn't writing. While I enjoyed pieces of his Avengers run, I'm hesitant to believe he's the best choice for the X-Men, just because I haven't seen it yet.
    • Multi-shipping is a big plus, as the wait time between issues for some books really dampens my enthusiasm. And the loss of bi-weekly Blue (what a rollercoaster that was) leaves me some room on my pull-list.
    • Depending on the Uncanny roster, I'm not sure we need an 'adjectiveless' X-Men title while X-Men Red and Astonishing X-Men exist. If Uncanny is a traditional team book, then three titles should cover most of the A-Listers/B-Listers. I'm not opposed to some spinoffs like X-Force or X-Factor in order to feature others.
    • I'll be really happy if Wolverine doesn't make the team, just because I want to have a focus on other X-Men. He tends to become the primary character and his character arc takes prevalence. I'd rather have more Psylocke, Bishop, Jubilee etc.
    • No Cable on Uncanny doesn't bother me as I still believe there are plans in place for him (fingers crossed for X-FORCE).
    • I couldn't be happier that Prof X isn't on the team, because he's not deserving and his new identity as 'X' is stupid as hell.
    • If Adult Cyclops isn't the mystery character of Extermination, then I maintain that it's probably X-Man.
    • Sunspot not funding or leading a team (at least not yet) is a shame, but I expect that a New Mutants book will eventually resurface.
    • No X-Factor by Rosenberg is a curious one. I thought it was a certainty. Is someone else going to write? Is he writing New Mutants instead? Or is he going to pull one or two of the Dead Souls crew into Astonishing?

But, once again, we already know most of the lineup. Bishop, Jean, Nightcrawler, Storm, Psylocke, and Jubilee.

Ororo, Jean, Kurt, and Lucas from the cover. Betsy and Jubilee from the whole "they'll be in another unannounced book soon with Storm" comment. We've seen Jubilee w/ Bishop in a #XMENMONDAY teaser from Jordan White.

I'm assuming the Astonishing X-Men Annual is going to set up wherever X shows up next (wherever that is, I want to be as far away as possible), and I doubt Logan's joining a team anytime soon until his status quo is firmly reestablished. Sucks that there doesn't seem to be anything planned for the students as far as Uncanny is concerned, but Brisson heavily hinted that he has something planned for them. Possibly a school book.

Bishop, Nightcrawler, Jubilee...i like that. I like that indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    Dauterman drawing British Betts would be amazing!!! 💜💜💜 He is one of my favorite artists
    It would indeed. I love his art. He's on of my top 3. Would love him as a regular on an X-Book. Make it happen Marvel!

I know it's fake, but Dauterman / Lopez would be my dream artistic team.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

I'm assuming the Astonishing X-Men Annual is going to set up wherever X shows up next (wherever that is, I want to be as far away as possible)
    Honestly, if X has to be remembered, I want him to have his own solo series. I just want to be able to completely ignore his existence. Make X an Avenger or something, that's how little I care.

Just have X killed off-panel like Mike Carey did with Vargas pre-Messiah Complex. "Remember 'X'? No? Well, he went on his little journey and died. RIP not-Xavier".

But seriously he's probably going to show up in whatever Soule's next project is, maybe on the Wolverine solo?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    But, once again, we already know most of the lineup. Bishop, Jean, Nightcrawler, Storm, Psylocke, and Jubilee.

Ororo, Jean, Kurt, and Lucas from the cover. Betsy and Jubilee from the whole "they'll be in another unannounced book soon with Storm" comment. We've seen Jubilee w/ Bishop in a #XMENMONDAY teaser from Jordan White
    How do you know all this? What cover are you talking about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Yu’s UXM cover shows Jean, Nightcrawler, Storm, Bishop and Beast.

Jubilee is on Asrar art with Bishop. Asrar is also drawing Storm.

Psylocke was on some panel layouts that also shows Nightcrawler and Storm.

JDW said Storm, Psylocke and Jubilee are in a book together.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Honestly, if X has to be remembered, I want him to have his own solo series. I just want to be able to completely ignore his existence. Make X an Avenger or something, that's how little I care.
    Monkey's Paw: we FINALLY get the New X-Men book we want, with the perfect roster, art and writing team on point, yet we get the dreadful X. oof.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    White gave us teasers (that XavierFiles so graciously compiled in a single tweet) from Yu that are clearly parts of the Uncanny X-Men #1 (or #whatever) cover.

https://twitter.com/XavierFiles/stat...61333782507521 (oops forgot Beast, for good reason)

And Asrar is drawing out for Uncanny. Taylor said he left for something "big" and we've already seen him draw Storm, Bishop, and Jubes. And, like I said, White said in an X-Position that Storm, Psylocke, and Jubilee are gonna be in an upcoming-yet-unnannounced book soon. Plus, Betsy was kind of obvious considering she's gonna go thru pretty major changes for the new era.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Based Rich Johnston
    Jonathan Hickman is not writing X-Men.
    Praise Jeansus.

Quote Originally Posted by Based Rich Johnston
    Wolverine is not on the team.
    Damnit.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 07-31-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Bishop, Jean, Nightcrawler, Storm, Psylocke, and Jubilee is almost a perfect team. I'd add Iceman and swap Psylocke with Rogue.