Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default How excited are you guys for Grant Morrison's return to Superheroes?

it's been a while...

as you know he is writing a new Green Lantern comic...

how do you guys think he will do with Hal?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I can't wait. He's the best of the best.

Mighty Member

I like Morrison. (although he isn't as great as people make him out to be) But i just wished he was writing a character i actually liked. Morrison writing Ollie would be amazing but it'll never happen.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I'm generally moderately interested in Morrison, even though he wouldn't have been my first pick to take over Green Lantern, but I'm curious to read more of his approach and if he's in it for the long-haul or a short, concise, run then I hope it goes over well .

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

I'm excited for sure, Green Lantern is my favorite hero and Grant Morrison is one of my favorite writer's. I think back to his JLA run, man that is still my favorite incarnation of the team.

Very excited. He's taking Hal in a new direction and I can't wait to see what happens. Plus he's taking on a new hero with Sideways, and the Dark Multiverse seems perfect for Morrison to explore. He loves concepts like that.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

With Bendis on Superman, King on Batman, Snyder on Justice League, Johns on Shazam and now Morrison on GL, this is among the strongest lineups DC has ever had on their main books. I just hope that DC can generate that kind of talent and excitement on Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman. Williamson's run seems to nearing its end on Flash, and who knows how the new creative teams on Wonder Woman and Aquaman are going to pan out.

As for GL, everything Morrison has said is exactly what I wanted to hear without knowing that's what I wanted. Dialing back the end of the world cosmic crisises and focusing on Hal Jordan's life as a space cop is a brilliant idea. Looking forward to it immensely.

Don't know that I would frame it as "Excited". That said, I am incredibly interested in the prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    With Bendis on Superman, King on Batman, Snyder on Justice League, Johns on Shazam and now Morrison on GL, this is among the strongest lineups DC has ever had on their main books. I just hope that DC can generate that kind of talent and excitement on Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman. Williamson's run seems to nearing its end on Flash, and who knows how the new creative teams on Wonder Woman and Aquaman are going to pan out.

As for GL, everything Morrison has said is exactly what I wanted to hear without knowing that's what I wanted. Dialing back the end of the world cosmic crisises and focusing on Hal Jordan's life as a space cop is a brilliant idea. Looking forward to it immensely.
    I thought they have already announced G Willow Wilson for Wondy or is that only a short term thing?
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Honestly?
    Liked much of what Morrison did with Batman, but really wasn't thrilled with his New52 work on Action Comics. (Also wasn't happy with the way DC handled George Pérez on New52 Superman in relation to that.)
    I'm glad there are people who are happy with Morrison taking on Green Lantern, but I lost interest in that franchise back before the New52, so it doesn't matter to me at the moment.

Not that much to be honest. Morrison hasn't intrigued be as a writer for a long time now. I'm curious to see what he does with Hal but at this point I'm more interested in Liam Sharp doing the art.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-31-2018 at 08:18 AM.

I'm curious.

I can't say i'm excited cause as i'm not a huge fan of Morrison (i do respect his creativity though) but, yeah, curious.

Man, going to be the first GL book i pick up in looooong while.

Mighty Member

Default Grant Morrisson: Excited?

Haven't followed Morrison on DC mainstream heroes and don't care to. I have followed his recent minis Happy and Avatarex and thought they were spectacular. This is where his strength lies. He really is going backwards career wise If he does this. Sideways ( no pun intended) on the other hand is a fun book and is new enough that his spin on it I will be glad to follow. All of the mainstream titles that are mentioned above for rebooting are tired and worn out and I'm only following DC as long as NAOH is around.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Generally speaking I haven't cared all that much about Morrison's superhero work aside of a couple of things and I have no interest in Hal so no I'm not excited by this. I am happy for people who enjoy his work though or for those who like Hal.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

VERY much so.