Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tweyandt711 View Post
    Rucka made some very big mistakes compared to Azz's run. Amazons being murderous seducers who murdered male babies was powerful although Diana should have had more reaction to the reveal of Amazon character faults. She should have been more shocked and ashamed of her sisters' bad behavior. Demigoddesss not dependent on the patrons for her powers, yes. Ares stuck in a tree? Amazons unable to employ magical weapons to take down Ares if necessary to say nothing of invaders with superior technologies? Amazons unable to leave the island? Diana unable to visit the Island? I didn't like the changes Rucka brought and now Jason is out of the picture?! She gets a brother and then loses him?! Just like the Batman non wedding weding promoted by a DC marketing department via using bait and switch tactics with outright lying and so I don't buy current Batman books anymore. Probably won't make much difference but I at least cast my vote by dropping the book. I would have happily bought a book with married Batman but not now. If WW doesn't improve, I'll have to drop it also. Azz's run was so much more with characters and situations such as Dian's dysfunctional family. Rucka was a disaster and he is going to do the three issue history of the Amazons? Give me a break though I will keep an open mind. As for now, though I prefer DC comics, the Batman fiasco has me never again trusting their marketing department with it's penchant for lying.
    1. How is the Amazons seducing and killing unarmed men "powerful?" It actually flies in the face of the historical use of the Amazons in the WW franchise, as they were designed to subvert the "savage, man hating Amazons" tropes. The fact that Diana didn't really react to it that strongly and DC later unceremoniously had Donna kill off the male Amazons makes the whole thing a waste of time.

2. Rucka had nothing to do with Jason, his story wasn't built around Jason, and the final execution of the Jason is down to Robinson, not him. Unlike the Bat-Cat wedding, it was also not an idea that had a lot of fans excited to begin with. They were more braced for "how bad is this going to be?" not excited by the build up. The situations are in no way comparable. Also, Jason has vanished likely to never be seen again after his poor reception, and Bruce and Selina still have 50 or so issues of King's run to get back together.

3. Rucka will not be writing Historia, that will be Kelly Sue DeConnick and Phil Jimenez.

BANNED

I haven't read both runs but i have Azzarello Absolutes. I wish they collected all the Rucka material in Absolutes or Omnibuses... That woul be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I haven't read both runs but i have Azzarello Absolutes. I wish they collected all the Rucka material in Absolutes or Omnibuses... That woul be awesome.
    If they did I would finally have a Wonder Woman Absolute I could buy with pride

All-New Member

1. Murderous amazons went against prior continuity and was powerful in the sense that it was shocking and Diana should have had shame and disappointment in her reaction while turning Amazons into stone and snakes was not the best idea.
    2. Rucka was out of the picture as far as Jason was concerned and now he is gone, maybe for good.
    3. I am glad he will not be writing historia. WW should be written and drawn by women IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by tweyandt711 View Post
    1. Murderous amazons went against prior continuity and was powerful in the sense that it was shocking and Diana should have had shame and disappointment in her reaction while turning Amazons into stone and snakes was not the best idea.
    2. Rucka was out of the picture as far as Jason was concerned and now he is gone, maybe for good.
    3. I am glad he will not be writing historia. WW should be written and drawn by women IMHO.
    Wonder Woman should be written and drawn by talented creators who care about the character regardless of gender.

Should all male comics be drawn by men?

Yeah. Female creators who want to be in the business should have their shot to be in the business, just the same as men. But divvying up characters and saying women should write only these and/or men should write only these or LGBT creators should only write these etc, would be a troubling tangent.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Why ? This amazons flawed concept already was handled better with Lerex and many others. So rapist and baby killers are great? Now if it were a few amazons and none of the others knew okay. Other than hat there was no need. The concept was already done that the amazons were flawed being

BANNED

I haven't read Azzarello's run yet but all this How amazons kill the one night stand men after they get what they want sounds accurate as far as i know the real amazons. (i also know that they cut one of their boobs to be able use better bow and arrow but lets not go that realistic... lol) But this Amazons killing the one night stand men is really ruining all the male comics readers fantasies about them (without disfiguring the amazons lol) you know when they say an island full of hot babes with no male, you start to drull... lol But these hot babes chopping your head off after one night really ruins your dreams... lol These are not harmeless goody two shoes hot babes... It also gives them an natual upper hand on male like praying mantis, you know... So i liked it, i support Azzarello on this. Good idea.
    Last edited by Gurz; 08-13-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Not all myths on that. In fact, there is a debate on the amazons on this. In many of the other myths, the Amazons would give their baby boys back to their dads. They didn't cut off their boobs. The Amazons are based on an egalitarian tribe of women and men. In none of the Greek art do we see the Amazons without their breast? They are based on Scythian women and fact they're fought with their men together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Not all myths on that. In fact, there is a debate on the amazons on this. In many of the other myths, the Amazons would give their baby boys back to their dads. They didn't cut off their boobs. The Amazons are based on an egalitarian tribe of women and men. In none of the Greek art do we see the Amazons without their breast? They are based on Scythian women and fact they're fought with their men together.
    I'm not very knowlageble about subject anyway. Just what i heard, never really read historic books about amazons and i don't want them to cut their boobs anyway... But i support chopping the heads of one night stands... lol i don't want goody two shoes amazons... lol
    Last edited by Gurz; 08-13-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Wonder Woman should be written and drawn by talented creators who care about the character regardless of gender.

Should all male comics be drawn by men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah. Female creators who want to be in the business should have their shot to be in the business, just the same as men. But divvying up characters and saying women should write only these and/or men should write only these or LGBT creators should only write these etc, would be a troubling tangent.
    DeConnick writing Aquaman in addition to writing Wonder Woman is a good thing for this reason. Maybe she and/or Wilson will get shots at Superman, Batman, the Flash, etc.

I'm not very knowlageble about subject anyway. Just what i heard, never really read historic books about amazons and i don't want them to cut their boobs anyway... But i support chopping the heads of one night stands... lol i don't want goody two shoes amazons... lol
    I'm not that knowledgable about the historical Amazons, but I do know that the ancient Greeks were among the more patriarchal cultures to exist (though arguably the Romans were worse…). What Marston did was take the idea of a woman-dominated society, took the few pieces from Greek legends, and re-imagined them without the filter of Greek misogyny.

Also, just as it is important to Superman's character that he was raised in rural Kansas by small-holding farmers, so it is important to Wonder Woman's character and theme that she comes from a healthy and supporting all-female society. The difference is of course that one confirms the American myth about itself, while the other challenges most western societies. But the only writers who grokked that they can examine fissures and cracks and tensions in Amazon society while still keeping their society healthy and supporting has been Rucka and Simone.

Other writers showed the Amazons has flawed. Now it would be better if some of the Amazons did that. would get men close to them in the nearby Islands and have one night stands. I mean wouldn't it be worst for them to torture the men mentally not actually kill them? Perez's run and the Circe show us the Amazons have flaws and aren't all clean. Even Marston's did have a few Amazons who didn't do well and weren't good.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-13-2018 at 03:35 PM.

BANNED

(i also know that they cut one of their boobs to be able use better bow and arrow but lets not go that realistic... lol)
    This is almost certainly misogynistic propaganda. Women all over history have managed to use the bow just fine, plus too many of them would have died from infections if they really did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This is almost certainly misogynistic propaganda. Women all over history have managed to use the bow just fine, plus too many of them would have died from infections if they really did that.
    Just for the record, I've been using an English longbow for years and both my boobs are intact