Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Okay, here's two:

The Monitors
    Tasked with exploring Time, Hypertime, the Multiverse, and eventually the broader seas of the Metaverse, and protecting it from all sorts of existential threats. Core group would consist of:
    Booster Gold (father of Rip Hunter, and the grounded everyman of the group, he pilots the Waverider)
    Harbinger (gatherer of the group, possible love interest for Booster, even though she may be his great-great-great-great-great grandmother)
    Chunk (scientist, team brick - his body is portal to the multiverse)
    The Earth-Two Speedy (he's been wandering around the Prime Earth since the Crisis. He spent 50 years as a centaur on Circe's island... that changes a guy).
    Wild Card (the new name for Earth-3's Duela Dent after she gets her hands on an H-Dial)

They would have members joining from time to time, including:
    Krypto (his super-canine nose can smell Hypertime!)
    Teen Degaton (can he escape his fate?)
    Gary Concord, the Ultra-Man (he insists that our present is "all wrong," and wants to change the past)
    Moon Girl (in final battle with Triumph)
    Access
    Fantomah (a public domain heroine that will join their ranks for a time when they explore the greater metaverses)

The other group is a little more down-to-earth:
    The Seven Wonders
    A San Francisco-based group paid by a mysterious benefactor to gather once a week and compare notes. Eventually they bond over a world-threatening crisis bubbling up from under the city. They consist of:
    The Human Cannonball - Ryan Chase, late of WGBS in Metropolis. Dedicated dad who uses an experimental STAR labs rig to do traffic reports and rescue innocents.
    Microwavabelle - Head of the Oakland branch of Hero Hotline, she has only recently returned to active duty after accidentally burning an innocent bystander.
    The Odd Man - The grandson of the original, he brings the fight to corrupt businessmen and governmental officials.
    Fury I - Homeless, mentally troubled, 90 years old, and fighting a never ending battle to control the immortal spirit of vengeance within her.
    Timothy Ravenwind - Last of the Ravenwind witches. Tossed out by his lodge and the military. Struggling with an alcohol problem. Looking for redemption.
    Deep Blue - Personal guard of local Atlantean delegation. Master of obscure form of Atlantean martial arts. Carries a shrunken arsenal on her bracelet. Strangely perky.
    Zeep the Living Sponge - At the age of 16, and alien meteorite turned Esteban Estevez into a walking sponge. Now he's nigh-immortal, can absorb anything, and is having the time of his life.

There are others.

Astonishing Member

Seven Soldiers

Cyborg
    Super girl
    Green Lantern (Simon Baz)
    Lightning
    Terra
    Beast Boy
    Roundhouse

Supporting cast - Bumblebee, Power Girl (Tanya Spears), Artemis Crock, Lilith Clay

Extraordinary Member

Justice League Eternal

Zatanna
    Vixen
    The Atom
    Firestorm
    Dr Light (female)
    Red Inferno
    Huntress
    Powergirl
    Garrett Sanford Sandman

Whoa. Deja vu!

Fantastic Member

I'll stick with Gail Simone's idea; Birds of Paradise

Wonder Woman and Black Canary...but I would like Midnighter to guest star.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Seems a bit like a "Planeteers" team.
    For a more direct alternative:

Earth - Geo-Force (Brion Markov) and or Terra (Tara Markov)
    Wind - Samurai/Wind Dragon (Toshio Eto)
    Water - Aquaman & Mera empowering the element and the creatures in it.
    Fire - Other than against humans, it's a weird element for "protecting" the planet, but I'll go Beatriz da Costa in her Green Fury aspect, more of a mystical-elemtal green flame. And might as well add her counterpart:
    Ice)Maiden) - again in her original incarnation (Sigrid Nansen extending to Cryokinetic constructs and creatures.
    Plants/Nature - (seems absent) I'll add Swamp-thing, and if they can recruit her Ivy would be a good ally.
    Heart - Have no idea, did he connect with animals? I'll choose Vixen extending her totem-powers to not just channeling their power, but communicate with and empower them.
    Or was heart like rainbow energy? Pretty much light-or solar energy manipulation? I'll add Kimiyo Hoshi or Halo(Gabrielle Doe

As for their their powers combining? Maybe through Equinox harnessing the power of four seasons.

And I guess they can fight the return of whoever this pollutin' badboy was : D

Last edited by Güicho; 05-21-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Ha, thats all you, Güicho.

Mighty Member

I actually dont like the name Young Justice anymore, since it includes Young etc.

So I would rather build a team with a cool name (I liked for example the name Blood Pack which was used by another DC Team)

and have:

21 year old Tim Drake,Conner Kent,Cassie Sandsmark and Bart Allen
    with

Aura
    Empress
    Blue Beetle
    Bombshell
    Static
    Traci13
    Aquamaria
    Jessica Cruz

Just a random group of characters I like. Hercules could gather them as his Champions for some Godly mission involving a new Twelve Labors for a mini series, maybe.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Just a random group of characters I like. Hercules could gather them as his Champions for some Godly mission involving a new Twelve Labors for a mini series, maybe.

I don't know who these people are tho (Sadface)
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I don't know who these people are tho (Sadface)
    Hercules Unbound, Thunder & Lightning, Son of Vulcan, Gnarrk & Kole.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Probably taking place in this same universe as my other list

Justice League International
    The Leader : Mera Curry AKA Aquawoman
    The Lancer : Amaya Jiwe AKA Vixen
    The Dark Chick : Shado Fei AKA Accomplished Perfect Physician
    The Smart Guy : Bilal Asselah AKA Nightrunner
    The Heart : Kiran Singh AKA Solstice
    The Big Guy : Beatriz da Costa AKA Fire
    Naive Newcomer : Connor Hawke AKA Green Arrow

A pretty decent mix of old hands (Mera, Jiwe, & da Costa), with medium weights (Solstice & Connor), and people who are just starting to move out of their comfort zone (Asselah & Fei). The only truly new character is Shado, who is basically an updated version of the current APP (Yao Fei). I see her as sort of a dark brooding heroine in the vein of Batman. Bilal, Connor, & Kiran will of course have lots of fun together as the "kids" of the group - of course always wanting more respect.

Shado will just be learning to work with a team again after some incident gets her removed from the Great Ten and ostracized by the Chinese elite. Mera & Amaya will have much difficulty trying to force this rag tag group into something worthy of the Justice League name. Lastly, da Costa will have to learn how to balance heroic & normal life and realize that she actually needs to combine the two : thus ending up using her public persona & wealth to promote the team. Mera will want to prove that she is capable of leading a team of her own and will deny pretty much any and all help from outside of the team.

The series would be fairly political and by including people from across the world I think could go to some very interesting places and answer some very hard questions. I'm imagining them visiting all sorts of dictatorships across the world and I imagine someone like Black Adam (a supervillain who also runs a country) being a fairly prominent foe for them.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

In the teams like the outsiders thread... I couldn't help but think. Dc Need to have teams that aren't "Lets protect the status quo" and/pr Legacies of Justice.
    Its like the old "Superman Throws it into the sun meme" and I just feel like there's gotta be more space for teams in the DCU that aren't spinoffs. Thoughts?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    In the teams like the outsiders thread... I couldn't help but think. Dc Need to have teams that aren't "Lets protect the status quo" and/pr Legacies of Justice.
    Its like the old "Superman Throws it into the sun meme" and I just feel like there's gotta be more space for teams in the DCU that aren't spinoffs. Thoughts?
    Agreed.
    DC’s written themselves into a bit of a corner in that respect. I mean, they do have teams out there that do their own thing, but they don’t get much in the way of a push. Metal Men is halfway through a fun mini. Doom Patrol is the saving grace of the Young Animal imprint. Teams like The Challengers of The Unknown, Shadowpact, Relative Heroes, Demon Knights, The Others, The Global Guaduans, The Great Ten...they just fall through the cracks.
    And when a team DOES go towards being unique, they often get branded as JUSTICE LEAGUE this or that.
    Justice League Odyssey could easily have been its own thing, and Justice League Dark could have been a Shadowpact book all along for example.