Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Oh. I like this! I may have to work on my own version!
    Ok, I'm going to go with even lesser known characters just for fun:

* Manhattan Guardian
    * Technocrat (from The Outsiders)
    * Zauriel
    * Loose Cannon (from Bloodlines)
    * Junior (from Young Heroes in Love)
    * Zip Kid (also from Young Heroes in Love)
    * Moonbow (from Firestorm)
    * Zan
    * Jayna

This is fun. Maybe I'll do the whole history of the Avengers.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

New Justice League

Nightwing
    Supergirl
    Wonder Woman
    Flash (Wally)
    Green Arrow
    Green Lantern (Jess)
    Dr Fate (Zatanna)

Support: Oracle

Oh. I like this! I may have to work on my own version!
    Oh heck yeah, I look forward to that!

Ok, I'm going to go with even lesser known characters just for fun:

* Manhattan Guardian
    * Technocrat (from The Outsiders)
    * Zauriel
    * Loose Cannon (from Bloodlines)
    * Junior (from Young Heroes in Love)
    * Zip Kid (also from Young Heroes in Love)
    * Moonbow (from Firestorm)
    * Zan
    * Jayna

This is fun. Maybe I'll do the whole history of the Avengers.
    ^^^ I like this; original and they mesh together well...!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-12-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Meta-League: Formed in the aftermath of the Superman Theory stuff in Doomsday Clock, many of the non-government connected metahumans were united by an unknown force in order to investigate this revelation. The plot twist is that the person who united them was Mr. Bones.

Air Wave
    Captain Comet
    Bulletman
    Bulletgirl
    Black Lightning
    Elongated Man
    Flash (Wally West)
    Halo
    Jade
    Frost
    Livewire
    Magenta
    Mento
    Phantasm
    Plastic Man
    Sand
    Mal Duncan
    Vibe
    Wildcat
    Bumblebee
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

I have been obsessed with the idea of a DC version of the Ultimates, but my Ultimates would be stationed on the Ultima Thule.

John Stewart = Blue Marvel
    Doctor Light = Spectrum (but bossy)
    Sideways = America Chavez
    Starfire = Captain Marvel
    Vixen = Black Panther*
    Nix Uotan = Galactus

*this one was difficult to pick because DC does not have a 1 to 1 Black Panther analogue. this one fit the best with the unique parts of BP that he brought to the team.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I have been obsessed with the idea of a DC version of the Ultimates, but my Ultimates would be stationed on the Ultima Thule.

Vixen = Black Panther*
    Nix Uotan = Galactus

*this one was difficult to pick because DC does not have a 1 to 1 Black Panther analogue. this one fit the best with the unique parts of BP that he brought to the team.
    I think Michael Holt (Mr Terrific) is the closest DC has to a Black Panther in that they are both scientist superheroes who are black.

Edit: I also think Icon would be better for a Blue Marvel substitute but issues with Milestone so I understand.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-18-2019 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think Michael Holt (Mr Terrific) is the closest DC has to a Black Panther in that they are both scientist superheroes who are black.
    Basically.
    I recall using him for an Ultimates build; can’t recall the rest of the team offhand.

Edit: I also think Icon would be better for a Blue Marvel substitute but issues with Milestone so I understand.
    I considered Mr. Terrific but he only covers the super scientist/black leading Male angle, neither of which were missing from my team (Kimiyo has the super science and we have our black leading man type in John) so I decided to go with Vixen because she has the cultural element (both hail from fictional African nations) and afro-mysticism of Black Panther.

Icon is a decent match for Blue Marvel powerwise (about as much as any Superman analogue) and they are both older gents but I feel storywise John and Adam are uncannily similar. intellectually gift college educated black men, marine vets, who go on to become cosmic powerhouses.

I was thinking about it the other day and I think Blue Marvel and Miles Morales are kinda funny because, lowkey, Marvel accidentally cribbed two of DC's most popular black males (John and Static) and made them work better than DC has been able to it a long time. but I digress, that's just something i thought was funny
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-18-2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: autocorrect changed digress to disagree. fixed it
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

From what I heard, Wolfman and Perez originally wanted their female Dr. Light to be a black woman but realized that between her power set and white and black costume, she would be too similar to Monica so they made her Japanese instead.

I considered Mr. Terrific but he only covers the super scientist/black leading Male angle, neither of which were missing from my team (Kimiyo has the super science and we have our black leading man type in John) so I decided to go with Vixen because she has the cultural element (both hail from fictional African nations) and afro-mysticism of Black Panther.

Icon is a decent match for Blue Marvel powerwise (about as much as any Superman analogue) and they are both older gents but I feel storywise John and Adam are uncannily similar. intellectually gift college educated black men, marine vets, who go on to become cosmic powerhouses.

I was thinking about it the other day and I think Blue Marvel and Miles Morales are kinda funny because, lowkey, Marvel accidentally cribbed two of DC's most popular black males (John and Static) and made them work better than DC has been able to it a long time. but I disagree, that's just something i thought was funny
    I think with Holt and Kimiyo you could specialize them with Kimiyo being an expert in astro physics while Holt focuses on engineering and computers.

Vixen = Black Panther*
    Nix Uotan = Galactus

If I may ask, how does Starfire count as a Captain Marvel stand in?

From what I heard, Wolfman and Perez originally wanted their female Dr. Light to be a black woman but realized that between her power set and white and black costume, she would be too similar to Monica so they made her Japanese instead.
    That’s pretty interesting; never heard that before. Makes sense, though.

I think with Holt and Kimiyo you could specialize them with Kimiyo being an expert in astrophysics while Holt focuses on engineering and computers.
    True but what I like about the Ultimates was the more abstract things they did with the cosmic entities and sci-fi action, I felt using the metaphysical side of things would fit better for the team in that regard. Kimiyo has the knowledge to understand the cosmos and the cosmic landscape so it didn't seem like a big loss.

If I may ask, how does Starfire count as a Captain Marvel stand in?
    two reasons, one superficial one kinda thematic (I'm probably using that word wrong) or character-based. First I was basing it more on how similar their powers are, the superhuman grabbag (strength, speed, durability), flight, energy absorption, plus the fact that they both had their abilities tampered with and amplified to extreme proportions; Carol becoming Miss Marvel then turned into Binary, and Starfire being experimented on pre-Flashpoint and most recently her powers were amplified by Darkseid. From the character standpoint, I like the flip of how these characters portray feminism. Carol very much has grown to embody this sort of hard power feminism that reappropriates a "masculine" or typically tough brand of badassery (which can work to her benefit when done right), while Starfire has come to represent a more soft power feminism that reaffirms and recontextualizes typically "feminine" tropes with a splash of body positivity in there. I personally find Starfire more interesting because Carol tends to get written to be kinda unpalatable at times but I like how they juxtapose each other character-wise even though their narrative circumstances are starkly different.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-18-2019 at 08:11 PM.

currently following: