View Poll Results: It's Mother Panic VS Batwoman! Who will win?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mother Panic

0 0%
  • Batwoman

4 44.44%
  • Draw

5 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mother Panic #3 preview

http://comicsalliance.com/mother-panic-3-preview/

Hoo boy, I've been looking forward to this fight for months.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    http://comicsalliance.com/mother-panic-3-preview/

Hoo boy, I've been looking forward to this fight for months.
    I'm half hoping that she punches Violet so hard it breaks her helmet just enough for Kate to realize that "oh dammit I punched another ex".

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That is a pretty awesome variant cover! And the backup continues to be very interesting. I'm surprised it's gotten its own preview.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by ProgmanX View Post
    I'm half hoping that she punches Violet so hard it breaks her helmet just enough for Kate to realize that "oh dammit I punched another ex".
    I kinda want them both to get unmasked, and then the fight just ramps up from there because it's now personal. But I doubt that'll happen.

From some of the progress art, it looks like Kate's still standing on page 7, so this fight could go on a fair bit.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Oh, damn. It's on like donkey kong

I have to admit, I still have a really hard time following this title - is it confirmed that Violet and Kate dated?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have to admit, I still have a really hard time following this title - is it confirmed that Violet and Kate dated?
    Not confirmed, but incredibly likely. The first issue has Violet notice that Kate's "still mad" about something, so they both know each other. Kate's lesbian and Violet is almost certainly bi, they both travel in similar social circles and have rebellious streaks... there's not many other options besides "they were an item at one point".

Not confirmed, but incredibly likely. The first issue has Violet notice that Kate's "still mad" about something, so they both know each other. Kate's lesbian and Violet is almost certainly bi, they both travel in similar social circles and have rebellious streaks... there's not many other options besides "they were an item at one point".
    Okay, just making sure I haven't missed anything.

So, I guess technically it was a draw since Violet knocked Kate off a roof and escaped, but Kate "won on points" so to speak due to hitting Violet more.

I'm a little disappointed in how tame of a fight it was. No blood, and Violet was the only one who clearly got punched in the face. I was expected more of a brawl. Something really nasty.

Also, no insight into Violet and Kate's past relationship, whatever that may have been. I'm now wondering if that's going to get picked up ever again. I figured this would've been the perfect issue to open that up a bit, but I guess not.

I did like how Violet was thrust into being a hero kind of against her will in a situation that mirrored something from her past. And we also get some idea of why she doesn't like Batman and co.

More learning some things about Violet while also opening up new questions. The flashbacks are starting to feel like they're converging with the present, which is good. Both the past and the present storylines are going in chronological order.

Why can't i get a Red Hood book like this. Im really digging this chick and her attitude.

So, I guess technically it was a draw since Violet knocked Kate off a roof and escaped, but Kate "won on points" so to speak due to hitting Violet more.

I'm a little disappointed in how tame of a fight it was. No blood, and Violet was the only one who clearly got punched in the face. I was expected more of a brawl. Something really nasty.

Also, no insight into Violet and Kate's past relationship, whatever that may have been. I'm now wondering if that's going to get picked up ever again. I figured this would've been the perfect issue to open that up a bit, but I guess not.

I did like how Violet was thrust into being a hero kind of against her will in a situation that mirrored something from her past. And we also get some idea of why she doesn't like Batman and co.

More learning some things about Violet while also opening up new questions. The flashbacks are starting to feel like they're converging with the present, which is good. Both the past and the present storylines are going in chronological order.
    I really feel like you fell victim to your own hype there, pal. Sure, it wasn't as brutal as I would have liked either, but it was still fun. Haven't seen casual snark from Kate in a while. Honestly, it's a testament to the book that the strongest parts had nothing to do with Bruce or Kate. Though I did grin a little with Kate's constant trolling use of "we" instead of "I" for the whole watching thing. My, how things have changed.

I really feel like you fell victim to your own hype there, pal. Sure, it wasn't as brutal as I would have liked either, but it was still fun. Haven't seen casual snark from Kate in a while. Honestly, it's a testament to the book that the strongest parts had nothing to do with Bruce or Kate. Though I did grin a little with Kate's constant trolling use of "we" instead of "I" for the whole watching thing. My, how things have changed.
    You're right, I did hype it too much. But I did still like it for what it was.

Also, that scene at the end at Gather House? Mother Patrick? Who wears all white? I think we've found Violet's namesake.

There was no reason for the fight to get brutal. Batwoman wanted to talk, Mother Panic wanted to continue with her mission without the interruption.
    They'll probably have a rematch at some point anyway, if the Batfam still want to question her.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

This book is really, really good. Violet's attitude towards the bats is amazing.

One thing I'm not quite sure of yet is if it's in continuity, or not. I gonna say no until something tells me yes.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli