Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Most of Batman vilains have a tragic background, but that doesn't excuse their actions.

Whether he will get away or not (they always get away anyway), I think the point of this arc is about Batman's actions. Bruce is judging himself and his motivation behind what he did to Freeze.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I really dug both these issues, but I do think using Freeze hurts what is being done here narratively.

A random criminal would work, but Freeze is a violent killer and someone who has done awful things in the past.

Enjoying this arc, and King is pushing the envelope of what you can do with the character, as usual. I'm really looking forward to what Bruce has to say next issue.

That said, I can't let go of the nagging voice in the back of my head that says it's ridiculous that he's even on the jury. No lawyer who wasn't brain-dead could fail to strike him from the roster at the first opportunity, given his known association with Batman. And this is from somebody who normally doesn't worry much about plot plausibility. It's just so glaring here, though.