Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Not a huge fan of Land’s art ever since his Uncanny days, but I guess someone at marvel likes him to keep giving him work.

Piotr looked good. Drunk but not totally moping is better than the alternative. I assumed he would shave at some point because the covers are him clean shaven but I don’t mind the beard.

I like that Piotr mentioned Syren and I hope she shows up looking to help her father at some point. Dazzler looked good, not a huge fan of it being a wig but oh well. I do hope more females join he team, but it isn’t bad as-is. Syren, Emma, and domino are all good choices. I hope that tweet is wrong because I like dazzler on the team.

I wish they wouldn’t have forgotten pete’s Accent and way and speaking, though. When he suddenly talks totally normal and in long sentences it kind of irks me since he isn’t super known for that. Overall good start, though I don’t see how they wouldn’t recognize government military after all the run-ins they’ve had with them over the years.
    Ok guys PLEASE help a trade-waiter and die-hard Theresa fan out! She is my most beloved X character and redhead in comics.

Can somebody please confirm that Siryn was actually mentioned in the issue? Can you give me some context? Aside from the very brief mentioning in the New Mutants Mini that should be the first time since the end of X Factor that a writer remembered that she still exists.

After all the positive reviews maybe I have to change my mind on Rosenberg ... his Secret Warriors were atrocious (Sinister my goodness TERRIBLE) and his Resurrection left a really dull taste. However if he brings Terry back ...

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Ok guys PLEASE help a trade-waiter and die-hard Theresa fan out! She is my most beloved X character and redhead in comics.

Can somebody please confirm that Siryn was actually mentioned in the issue? Can you give me some context? Aside from the very brief mentioning in the New Mutants Mini that should be the first time since the end of X Factor that a writer remembered that she still exists.

After all the positive reviews maybe I have to change my mind on Rosenberg ... his Secret Warriors were atrocious (Sinister my goodness TERRIBLE) and his Resurrection left a really dull taste. However if he brings Terry back ...
    When Alex tells Colossus that Banshee is part of the team Colossus says oh I have missed Theresa. Alex goes no other Banshee.

Fantastic Member

It’s really just a small mention. Alex tells Piotr they have banshee on the team and Piotr says “good, it’s been a while since I’ve seen Theresa” and Alex says the other banshee. But it still was a good mention to me! Theresa and Piotr can always use more interactions.

Spectacular Member

Thanks guys, sure I was not expecting much, but this is way more substantial than the name dropping in NM mini.

I wonder when was the last time that Theresa had interaction with the main X family ... Schism and Children's Crusade if I recall correctly.

It gives me A LOT of hope that she will be finally back from limbo!

I really liked this issue especially Colossus characterization, I didn't think Rosenberg would have Piotr deals with the consequences of his failed wedding but frankly he really did a great job here.

Also having Dazzler joining the team in the same issue was just the cherry on the cake

Where is Siryn? I have liked her Since Spider-Woman.

Incredible Member

Land’s art continues to be complete trash 10 years after I stopped reading Uncanny X-Men because his art was trash there as well. How has this man’s technique not changed or evolved a single goddamn bit? Take Romita JR for instance. You can tell there’s a big enough difference from his 80’a X-Men, his 90’s Spider-Man and then his 2000’s Spider-Man. But land? Those goddamn faces and smiles all the time. The stupid arms stretched poses. This is trash.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Where is Siryn? I have liked her Since Spider-Woman.
    Terry is now the Morrigan and vanished completely YEARS ago after the events at the end of PADs X-Factor series. She has not been seen since then other than the cameo on the cover of the Deadpool wedding issue.

Yeah I do not have a lot of single issues but her first appearance in the two Spider-Woman issues I actually have! I came to love her during the X-Force run ... fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I felt bad for Peter. When he said that the X-Men only cared about him as Colossus. I sometimes wonder if the X-Men "family" has gotten so big that it's gotten hard for them to take care of their own.

As nice as it is to see Banshee physically returned, I hope his mind returns soon. And I'd like someone to confront Beast about Sean being (arguably) alive and him not telling anyone. I'd also like it to be Jubilee, Husk, M and Chamber, but it would probably just end up being Kitty.
    Banshee being alive is not a secret, Havok, Wolverine, Sunfire, Rogue and a ton of Avengers were there whem he was placed in Beast's care and as is evident, progress on his condition has been slow going.

Speaking of new members, I wonder if Rosenberg has any intention of bringing Multiple Man to the team. When someone asked him about Madrox he said that there were plans for him after the miniseries and I think he'd be a good fit in this team.

This was a good read. I wasn't really all that interested in the book because these are not characters that are all that interesting to me, outside of Havok, but the set up for the team works very organically. The whole deal with Banshee is very intriguing. He's almost in a zombie like state. It will be interesting to know what's really going on there. Liked mopey drunk Colossus, a character who while I don't dislike, has always been the least interesting main character introduced in the early Claremont era at least to me. Poor Dazzler but also awesome Dazzler. You know who I think would fit in really well with this "looking for redemption" theme and who would add another female character to the roster? Monet, who is in need of redemption. Granted she's had very little interaction with any of these characters outside of Havok and Banshee, if you can count him, but I could see it fitting.

Ultimate Member

Not sure if he would work on this team, besides Warpath might not be to high on him after the whole dupe baby mess from X-Factor and how it ended for Terry, if anything though Terry would be to me one that would stand up for both her father and Warpath...and Jamie doesn't really fit the overlooked characters in need of redemption or whatever like the others...

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Maybe because her hair was short already.
    Not the last time we saw her

Considering the humor and how Rosenberg seems to be writing, I fully expect someone to snatch her wig off in a fight. I'll be disappointed if it doesnt happen

BANNED

BreakTheFourth.com, Review: Astonishing X-Men #14
    ... tongue-in-cheek, nostalgia fueled X-Men roller coaster ride. ... the book rockets through the plot in a thrilling and engaging way. Havok manages to fully assemble his “not actually an X-Men team” X-Men while digging them all deeper into trouble at the same time. It looks like his search for redemption just got a lot tougher in this issue.

Summary

... turns out Beast has had Banshee since he was “resurrected” in Uncanny Avengers... are quickly joined by Warpath... sent by Kitty to keep an eye on Havok, showing he’s still not trusted... Havok goes in search of another member for his team: Colossus.

... he’s easily persuaded to join the team. ... Beast has learned who he thinks the next target of the Reavers is and the five men head off to protect... that’s when we get a glorious splash page of Dazzler... After a brief chat... Alison is ready to sign on until she learns they’re actually hoping to recruit someone else working with her in a wonderfully funny and near meta conversation.

After... Havok’s team runs into another group of soldiers. ... still outnumbered and falling behind. Only a timely save in another beautifully done splash page puts them in the clear... turns out Havok’s decision to shoot first and ask questions later may have put his team on the run as Rosenberg and Land deliver another great surprise in the final page...

Creators

... Rosenberg continues to deliver a high-octane plot, quick witted dialogue, and characters with layers of personal redemption at stake. ... continues to show how Havok is struggling to make up for his recent choices, and added a Colossus and Dazzler, who have something to prove as well. ... Banshee... a wild card of sorts... a new layer to the goals of Havok’s team. Will they find a way to rehabilitate him? Is he more than just a weapon? Rosenberg has many readers hooked on what he’ll do with these characters next.

Add hilarious and real dialogue and this book is one of the most engaging X-Men titles in the line. ... we get dialogue that adds just enough drama to the characters, making them feel real as well. Through dialogue we see how Colossus is painfully dealing with the events of his wedding and how Dazzler is handling her fame. Rosenberg’s got a great feel for these characters, and his dialogue makes you believe these are people who’ve known each other for years.

... Land on art... draws some incredible action scenes throughout the issue, as the plot is heavy on fighting. ... clear he’s really shining with the “showy” powers of Havok, Banshee, and most especially Dazzler. Both of his Dazzler splash pages look like they could be covers for a comic (or even a poster)...

Final Thoughts

... a must for any X-Men fans. ... an action packed plot with some great character moments... this book is hitting all of the right notes. The creative team is one I wasn’t expecting to wow me, but they’re delivering a fantastic story with a really great line-up of some amazing X-Men characters. Given that the book is pulling from all eras of the X-Men and dropping plenty of surprises each issue, fans can’t afford to miss this run.

Final Grade: A
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-02-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Banshee being alive is not a secret, Havok, Wolverine, Sunfire, Rogue and a ton of Avengers were there whem he was placed in Beast's care and as is evident, progress on his condition has been slow going.
    Havok seemed surprised to see him.

You know, honestly, for the longest time I thought he was still dead. I thought he went back to being dead at the end of that Uncanny Avengers arc. I didn't know he was in Beast's care until someone mentioned it here on the boards. And, honest question because I need to know, HOW DO YOU FOLKS KEEP UP WITH ALL THIS? I swear, it's almost impossible.