Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has Ink been retconned?

(I guess this has been discussed before, but when I searched ”Ink” I didn’t get any results cause the word was too common. :-) )

I have just read all X-Men Gold titles on the X-Men Unlimited app. My expectations were really low since I have read some harsh comments about it, but I don’t think it’s that bad. Maybe 3 stars out of 5?
    On Marvel Unlimited the latest issue is #19, so maybe my question will be addressed in a later isssue, but I am so dumbfounded by what I read so I hope someone can help me with this so I don’t have to wait. :-)
    Anyway, for some reason Ink tagged along to an adventure in the negative zone. I didn’t really catch where he was coming from, he was just sort of there, ready to go with them.
    He was injured in a fight in the negative zone, but he said that he had kept his tattoo artist busy and had added a healing factor to his powers.
    And that is so strange. I mean, it was revealed that Ink wasn't a mutant. The mutant was the tattoo artist, and he ended up in a coma when he tried to give Ink Phoenix powers.

Has it been revealed what happened to the tattoo artist? Why would he keep giving Ink more tattoos?

Thanks in advance.

As one of the few people who like Ink, I'm really not sure what's going on with him.

Maybe he found another mutant with the same power as his tattoos artist...or Marvel editors are really not doing their jobs.

I'll go out on a limb and assume that when he had the Phoenix Force he rewrote his DNA to make his powers function without needing the tattoo artist.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

It's one of those questions that can be answered in the same way as Blob and Shen Xorn repowered:
    "Post Secret Wars rebuild, son. I ain't got to explain SHIT".

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's one of those questions that can be answered in the same way as Blob and Shen Xorn repowered:
    "Post Secret Wars rebuild, son. I ain't got to explain SHIT".
    Pretty much. And considering that Guggs wrote that bit about his artist going into a coma (and Ink as well, iirc) we can guess he just wanted to play his his super-cool student character again and handwaved off any actual consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Pretty much. And considering that Guggs wrote that bit about his artist going into a coma (and Ink as well, iirc) we can guess he just wanted to play his his super-cool student character again and handwaved off any actual consequences.
    Yes, I was pretty sure that he was the one who wrote it. Very strange that he forgot what he himself wrote ...

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    As one of the few people who like Ink, I'm really not sure what's going on with him.

Maybe he found another mutant with the same power as his tattoos artist...or Marvel editors are really not doing their jobs.

I'll go out on a limb and assume that when he had the Phoenix Force he rewrote his DNA to make his powers function without needing the tattoo artist.
    Each issue has (at least) an assistant editor, an editor and an X-Men group editor, and there are still so many continuity mistakes. So sometimes it’s hard not to wonder what the heck the editors are doing.
    (I work as an editor myself, and I am hesitant to blame editors, but sometimes when I read the X-books I think to myself: ”Damn, an editor should have caught that mistake.”)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Each issue has (at least) an assistant editor, an editor and an X-Men group editor, and there are still so many continuity mistakes. So sometimes it’s hard not to wonder what the heck the editors are doing.
    (I work as an editor myself, and I am hesitant to blame editors, but sometimes when I read the X-books I think to myself: ”Damn, an editor should have caught that mistake.”)
    I'd say it's less likely to be a mistake than it is the writer wanting to bring the character back without doing anything particularly interesting to him and the editors just giving him the go-ahead.

I think I've lost track of what tattoos Ink even has

Colossus lines on his arm for super strength
    Hazmat symbol for radioactive touch
    Caduceus for healing touch
    Lightning bolts on his temples for telepathy
    Wings for flight
    That Phoenix tattoo that he gave to Sooraya
    And apparently now he has a healing factor?

Am I missing any?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I think I've lost track of what tattoos Ink even has

Colossus lines on his arm for super strength
    Hazmat symbol for radioactive touch
    Caduceus for healing touch
    Lightning bolts on his temples for telepathy
    Wings for flight
    That Phoenix tattoo that he gave to Sooraya
    And apparently now he has a healing factor?

Am I missing any?
    Also Cyclops’s eye beams.

He’s a horrible character, I hope we never see him ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    So true.

stormshade.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

He is the most egregious of insert characters. I've seen better written characters in the back pages of Ben 10 fanfics.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    The only person who seems to have any interest in him seems to be Guggenheim, so Ink basically will show up any time that he writes an X-Title, which I hope is never again.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    The only person who seems to have any interest in him seems to be Guggenheim, so Ink basically will show up any time that he writes an X-Title, which I hope is never again.
    lmfao hilarious
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ink is not such bad as a character at all. I did like him and Armor in Gold.

Now talking about bad cast of Gold, then I would point towards Magma. She was a useless piece of junk that had no value in any of the Gold issues she appeared in. Heck, even Pyro II was portrayed better.

Nah, Ink was not written bad and he is not a bad character as well. So, IMO, they can keep him around.