Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have to agree. Those two new character opened up the show to so many other plotlines. I really think that if they not changed things up like they did the show would not be on the air anymore because it was starting to get really stale before they started featuring them and others like Stuart more.
    There are only so many stories someone can tell about grown men acting like children without having some adults there to counterbalance them. I don't think just having Penny there as the adult would have been enough.

BANNED

All of the Marvel Netflix shows. I only made it actually through the first of daredevil series completely, started three others but didn't finish, and gave up. but based on what I've heard and seen I have no reason to be hopeful of any of the others . Even the very first daredevil show was disappointing, but I was at least able to make it all the way through.

Supergirl - Thought it would be whismical
    The Flash - I don't like having a whole cast of people knowing who you are
    Riverdale - Geez....just geez
    How I Met your Mother - Yeah...especially throughout the middle of the show. Should have ended a lot earlier with Victoria as the Mother. It was just so dragged out and they all suck
    Arrow - Once Oliver said "I love you" to Felicity after Deathstroke, I knew the show was gonna go the romance route...
    Bones - Having the two main characters hook up. Stop doing that shows.
    Happy Days - Wasn't alive for the show but man Fonzie isn't fun.

Retired

THE FLASH still works for me. But it is sad that he gives up his secret identity so easily (yet wouldn't with certain characters in earlier seasons where that would have solved his problems). Because the Flash is one character where it makes sense that people wouldn't guess his secret--yet for Supergirl and Green Arrow, people should know that don't. Not only does he have a mask that covers much more of his face, but he also has super-powers that would obscure his face and voice. So it's sad that the series doesn't take advantage of that to the extent it could.

Every season of SUPERGIRL, there seems to be an episode or two where they get it just right and they show the character as the fun and hopeful super-hero she could be. And it's those episodes that make me wonder why they can't do that all the time. Why does she have to be such a deeply flawed person who is so lacking in insight and so inconsistent in what she thinks and believes?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Bones - Having the two main characters hook up. Stop doing that shows.
    I've been saying that for years. I thought Warehouse 13 would be the one to break the cliche, but... in the final episode, they basically said "Oh, we almost forgot.... THEY HOOK UP! Bam!"

Retired

CASTLE pulled off the neat trick of disappointing me after it had all ended--when I found out that Nathan Fillion had been so abusive toward Stana Katic. As two fellow Canadians, I just always assumed they would be incredibly nice to each other (as is the custom with my people). Realizing what Katic had to put up with completely changed my opinion of CASTLE--but it did help to explain some weird things that happened on that show, especially the last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Happy Days - Wasn't alive for the show but man Fonzie isn't fun.
    Why isn't Fonzie fun? Speaking as someone who WAS alive for the show, everyone loved Fonzie. Increasing his presence on the show along with other changes like filming before a live audience beginning in Season 3 took a show that was almost canceled and turned it into a number 1 hit that spun off other popular shows.

We've gotten this far and nobody has mentioned Star trek Voyager yet?

This had perhaps the greatest set up Star trek has ever had.
    The people on Voyager are half Star fleet half terrorist organization and now they have to act like one crew. They're stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no place to go for repair or supplies. they are truly in an area of Space where No man Has Gone Before...

and they crew gets along just fine, they always seem to have whatever supplies or repair parts they need with no trouble, adn they keep running into the same aliens that showed up on the other series.

Plus the Commander of the ship is written like she's a schizo. One episode it's "We must not violate the Prime Directive no matter what!" the next it's "Screw those aliens. They've got what we need. Starfleet will never know."

And for all their talk about power issues, they STILL use the holodecks... which are STILL constantly malfunctioning.

Two or three seasons in, we should see their ship being held together with chewing gum and bailing wire, but nope. It was always fine.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Stranger Things.
    This looked like a Tv Show that i would like,being set in the 80´s,having influences from the Stephen King stories,and being a Sci Fi/Horror series.
    But i could just manage to watch a few episodes before geting bored by it,and giving up in this Tv Show.
    Stranger things I liked, but I do feel it was disappointing.

I keep hearing about it being some huge 80s tribute, but it never felt like it was an 80s movie to me. It was too polished and technical with too many modern sensibilities. It was basically just a modern show that happened to be set in the 80s rather than a real 80s show. The monster was kinda weak too.

Ultimate Member

As for two main characters getting together, well if they start to set that up from the first episode like they most often do then it shouldn't be a surprise...even Warehouse 13 did imho...

Retired

But isn't it refreshing when that doesn't happen--when a good-looking woman and a good-looking man who are the leads in a show don't get together, ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But isn't it refreshing when that doesn't happen--when a good-looking woman and a good-looking man who are the leads in a show don't get together, ever.
    Generally speaking, that's disappointing. That's why it doesn't happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    We've gotten this far and nobody has mentioned Star trek Voyager yet?

This had perhaps the greatest set up Star trek has ever had.
    The people on Voyager are half Star fleet half terrorist organization and now they have to act like one crew. They're stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no place to go for repair or supplies. they are truly in an area of Space where No man Has Gone Before...

and they crew gets along just fine, they always seem to have whatever supplies or repair parts they need with no trouble, adn they keep running into the same aliens that showed up on the other series.

Plus the Commander of the ship is written like she's a schizo. One episode it's "We must not violate the Prime Directive no matter what!" the next it's "Screw those aliens. They've got what we need. Starfleet will never know."

And for all their talk about power issues, they STILL use the holodecks... which are STILL constantly malfunctioning.

Two or three seasons in, we should see their ship being held together with chewing gum and bailing wire, but nope. It was always fine.
    Not to mention that in seven years, no Bob Denver guest appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Why isn't Fonzie fun? Speaking as someone who WAS alive for the show, everyone loved Fonzie. Increasing his presence on the show along with other changes like filming before a live audience beginning in Season 3 took a show that was almost canceled and turned it into a number 1 hit that spun off other popular shows.
    To be fair I didn't grow up when it existed.

I just don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I feel like BIG BANG THEORY did a great job expanding the cast and mixing things up enough to keep the show interesting. I'm personally amazed as to how consistent the quality has been this many seasons into the show.
    I feel the same. The addition of Bernadette and Amy only made the show more funny in my eyes when they first showed up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Retired

I don't watch THE BIG BANG THEORY for the jokes. It's like a lot of sitcoms in that way. FRIENDS was really awkward in that someone makes a joke (often Chandler) in the middle of a scene where a joke is not called for and everyone just moves on, as if this joke never happened. I was much more interested in the story on FRIENDS and those stupid jokes just got in the way. But, on TBBT, you accept that Sheldon is going to say something really bad that's just there for the laugh from the audience and you just move on with the characters, because the actual drama between the characters is much more interesting. Penny is probably the most fascinating character, because you would expect her to follow the usual arc for a beautiful, young woman and become famous and successful, but instead her dreams are trampled on and she has to settle. That's not funny--it only provokes laughter because it's uncomfortablly real.