Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What should come next in the animated universe?

With the new animated movie coming next year what do you want to see in the animated universe for Diana?

Circe or Cheetah. I’d also like to see what Diana’s current relationship with Trevor is. Heck where does she live? London? Gateway? D.C.? There’s tons of status quo set up to be done.

Incredible Member

A "Wonder Woman" animated series on DC's new streaming service (and for that streaming service to be available internationally). NOT an "adult" series like Harley Quinn, but simply a mature animated series with a similar tone and humour to Young Justice. Also not a "kids" series like Teen Titans Go.

Something more along the lines of Adventure Time, Steven Universe and Star vs. The Forces of Evil which balances heartfelt emotion and the absurd would also be okay and would allow them to really utilise some of the more outlandish elements of Wonder Woman's mythology.

Or, if not a "Wonder Woman" animated series, then perhaps a "Super Best Friends Forever" animated series with Wonder Girl (Donna Troy), Supergirl and Batgirl which includes their mentors Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman on a regular basis and explores the relationships between the members of the Wonder, Super and Bat families.

I would love an adaptation of the Perez era Wonder Woman/Cheetah storyline that took them to Egypt and resulted in the discovery of the Bana-Mighdall. Obviously it would need to be updated a bit, perhaps to include the Diana/Barbara friendship.

For the animated movie verse, they need to give her a solo film setting her world. I wouldn't mind if they adapt Earth one or the True Amazon or Rucka's rebirth arc or Simone's the circke or whatever.

If they ever do a Justice League Dark 2 they could use her instead of Batman.

Outside of the movies she is overdue for a solo cartoon.

As for what’s next, she deserves an animated series.

That would be one way to start building out her world, inside and outside of mythology, and explore her villains - which desperately needs to be done. I’d keep it similar to BTAS or YJ in content tone, but probably a mix of dark and bright in design reflecting her personality and the “monstrous” villains she fights.

I’d add ARGUS to her mythos, similarly to how Justice League Unlimited utilized Cadmus as an organization, where Steve works. Add Etta Candy and Myndi Mayer as supporting characters along with Julia and Nessie Kapatelis and meet Helena and Cassie Sandsmark in Season 2.

Considering how BTAS development Mr. Freeze, Clock King, Harley Quinn, etc., I’d love to see them tackle Doctor Cyber, Inversion, Mouse Man, etc. as well as Ares, Circe, and Cheetah. They need to dig deeper into Wonder Woman’s bench of villains and have some fun.

With BTAS or SMAS they both told some of the best arcs in the comic series. What arc would you want them to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    With BTAS or SMAS they both told some of the best arcs in the comic series. What arc would you want them to follow?
    Well given how the shows took a plethora of liberties on those things in order to adapt them....
    The first appearance of Villainy Inc where eight of her villains teamed up to conquer Paradise Island and try to kill Wonder Woman.
    The golden age feud with Mars/Ares that culminated in the Duke of Deception staging a coup, imprisoning Ares and taking over his empire.
    The entire plot thread with the Baroness and her arc of going from Wonder Womans arch nemesis to greatest ally.
    The mod era confrontation with Ares that had Diana traveling to other dimensions to King Arthur, Charlemagne, Sigurd, El Cid, and the valkyries in a large scale war with the nightmare armies of Deimos and Phobos.
    The Doctor Cyber arc with the addition of some resolution to the whole Lu Shan thing.
    The Tezcatlipoca arc
    The whole Doctor Psycho creating Captain Wonder thing
    The Artemis Wonder Woman arc
    The introduction of Cassie arc
    That epic finale arc from Perez run
    The rebirth arc for Barbara Minerva
    The post crisis doctor poison arc
    The Nubia arc
    The introduction of the Bana
    Either Astarte storyline
    That whole Minister Blizzard thing with his war against humanity because hes made of ice and is screwed because global warming

All-New Member

First and foremost...can we get rid of the awful 52-ish/sleeved costume and ponytail? What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
    First and foremost...can we get rid of the awful 52-ish/sleeved costume and ponytail? What were they thinking?
    Trying to mkae her look more of a warrior. The thing was doing the new 52 there was kind of the push for her to be more covered up.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

DC animation sucks. They had good animation like Flashpoint, Wonder Woman, Dark Knight, Apocalypse, but recently their animation is really bad.
    I want an animated tv series preferably done by some Japanese Studios.
    The movie made a lot of money for WB. Why can't they release a TV series as a promotion for the upcoming movie?
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 10-01-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    DC animation sucks. They had good animation like Flashpoint, Wonder Woman, Dark Knight, Apocalypse, but recently their animation is really bad.
    I want an animated tv series preferably done by some Japanese Studios.
    The movie made a lot of money for WB. Why can't they release a TV series as a promotion for the upcoming movie?
    Something like Young Justice or the Avatar series? Or Under the Red Hood?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Something like Young Justice or the Avatar series? Or Under the Red Hood?
    Yeah but I don't trust anyone in DC studios with Wonder Woman especially after Death of Superman

In Young Justice Amazons apparently, train Children. They really don't even take time to learn about the mythos of Wonder Woman and just make things up about her or nerf her as they go along.

In Justice League, they again made up things about her. Cheetah is consistently shown as actual Catwoman than a really powerful character with Superspeed.

In Wonder Woman animated movie, they don't show Amazons making an invisible jet, there is also a stupid scene where Diana scolds Steve for not stopping Ares.
    Who in the right mind will expect a normal human to stop a God?

Wonder girls have also not been given much exposure in animated series.
    Donna has only appeared at the end of Teen Titans Judas contract as a cameo even though she is a founding member
    Cassie has also appeared in few episodes of Young Justice in season 2

So I really don't trust DC. I don't think they have a passion for Wonder Woman and her universe. They need to hire someone who understands Wonder Woman and also give it a proper budget with emphasis on selling toys and other merchandise.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 10-03-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Please sign the petition for Wonder Woman animated Tv show
    https://www.change.org/p/dc-comics-g...nimated-series
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 10-03-2018 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Yeah but I don't trust anyone in DC studios with Wonder Woman especially after Death of Superman

In Young Justice Amazons apparently, train Children. They really don't even take time to learn about the mythos of Wonder Woman and just make things up about her or nerf her as they go along.

In Justice League, they again made up things about her. Cheetah is consistently shown as actual Catwoman than a really powerful character with Superspeed.

In Wonder Woman animated movie, they don't show Amazons making an invisible jet, there is also a stupid scene where Diana scolds Steve for not stopping Ares.
    Who in the right mind will expect a normal human to stop a God?

Wonder girls have also not been given much exposure in animated series.
    Donna has only appeared at the end of Teen Titans Judas contract as a cameo even though she is a founding member
    Cassie has also appeared in few episodes of Young Justice in season 2

So I really don't trust DC. I don't think they have a passion for Wonder Woman and her universe. They need to hire someone who understands Wonder Woman and also give it a proper budget with emphasis on selling toys and other merchandise.
    Where was that stated? Diana even admonished Bruce for taking Robin in as a sidekick.

Also, Cassie will be appearing in YJ season 3.