Default Will Harry Osborn return as a villain in the comics? (Amazing Spider-Man 2 film spoilers)

First of all, yes, I know that just because something happens in a movie doesn't necessarily mean it will happen in the comics (particularly for a non-Marvel Studios production). However when new Spider-Man films open, we seem to get the heavily publicized villain appearing in the comics. (We had an arc with the Lizard when the first Amazing film opened, Electro is a villain in the early issues of the relaunched Amazing comic, etc.)

So... Harry Osborn... He was in Amazing Spider-Man 2 as a villain. And while he wasn't as heavily promoted as Electro, he certainly made a bigger impact in the film. It was also heavily foreshadowed that he would be leading a version of the Sinister Six for Amazing Spider-Man 3.

The question now is... How will this impact Harry's return in the comics? Will he once again fall from grace? Or has he truly risen from the shadows of his past?

I think he'll be portrayed as being more cunning and with an animosity against Alchemax. It goes in tune with new movie Harry loathing his father's work and not being as completely clueless as Franco Harry.

Also make him look like Harry Osborn again. It's crazy enough that Norman already had plastic surgery on him.

Movies do matter, there is crossover potential. *and* we did see Harry pop up before superior.

This was a much more villainous take on Harry than anything we've seen in the comics or the Raimi film. It's essentially Harry Osborn as a younger calculating Norman Osborn.

It'll be interesting to see whether that shows up in the comics.

I don't think I'd care for it since Harry's BND era development was essentially about his decision to rise above his father's influence.

But the next few years would be a logical time for a Harry Osborn mega-arc in the comics, since it seems pretty likely he'll continue to have a big role in the films.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

I don't think we'll see Harry go full-on villain or anything... I imagine they'll continue down the path he was moving in with his second son. He'll most likely return in a mega arc, but I expect him to stay on the side of the angels.

Fantastic Member

Harry's in a good spot in the comics. They should just leave it alone at this point...

With projects like Spider-Verse, it would be interesting to have the Harry Osborn of the comics encounter someone similar to the Harry Osborn of the new films: A villain. I wonder how he would respond to seeing a world spoilers:
    in which he killed Gwen.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    With projects like Spider-Verse, it would be interesting to have the Harry Osborn of the comics encounter someone similar to the Harry Osborn of the new films: A villain. I wonder how he would respond to seeing a world spoilers:
    in which he killed Gwen.
    end of spoilers
    that can be interesting as It can make Harry have a inner crisis over the fact that every timeline has him becoming a Goblin, and would be like it fate for him to be like his father.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

I certainly hope not
    He should stay away, taking care of his son Stan, that kid does not need two Goblin parents, or just one since his momma is cured

BANNED

I don't think that the movie will affect this, purely because it seems Slott has long-term plans for him from where we last saw him. Now, he may return as a villain (considering he killed someone in his second-to-last appearance) or an anti-hero, but I don't think that's because of the movie.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

I hope not.
    Funnily I have the comic where Harry dies, I was ok with him returning, but I don't want him to be a villain again unless it's done through mind control or he is forced to pick up the mantle to protect Stan's life, gets caught by Spidey and end up teaming up.

The movie did cement him as a villain I'm hoping marvel ignores that. I don't want all that character development in the comics thrown out the window.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

I don't think Harry works as a villain if Norman is still around. It's the dynamic between Peter and Norman that can make great stories, but in BND the dynamic between Peter, Harry and Norman was really off. I think Harry doesn't have a real purpose right now, cause he can't pull of the villain with so many Goblins running around, and Peter and Harry's friendship isn't as strong as it use to be.

Incredible Member

[deleted.]
    Last edited by xpyred; 04-16-2017 at 08:02 AM.