Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Art made this issue hard to follow
    I'm glad Logan and Warpath are gone though no more ambiguity about the characters getting neutered
    Mystique showing up is ....sad I hope Creed stays far away

Kind of strange for Logan and Jimmy to just give up like this but oh well. So spoilers:
    Mystique was Foreigner all along and now she's the one who is going to select the missions for the team?
    end of spoilers

That's a nice twist

@Nite-Wing

A possibility, though too good to be true.

If Mystique is like the leader, or commander, maybe she won't be too hands on in the story. Maybe she;ll assign missions from her base, but be an in-and-out team member, kinda like Cable can be on teams -minus time travel. Where she works with them on some assignments, but has her own things going elsewhere that she leaves to tend to.

It's doubtful, but would be a silver lining. lol

Spectacular Member

Well, we finally got the introduction of both the Russian counterpart to SHIELD AND a female ice mutant , who is also a Russian female , and who is also the Russian analogue to Maria Hill , so at least there is still that ...

I thought that the issue was pretty good, and I'll keep buying it.

I guess that I'm in the minority, but I'm glad that Mystique will be joining the cast, even if I prefer stories where she is a mutants rights fighter instead of a villainous mercenary who only cares about money.

This was the first time that Domino's mercenary who's only in it for the money characterization started to bother me. But I had stopped reading this comic early in the series because I couldn't afford to buy the Hulk crossover issues along with my usual comics. Maybe I would be bothered more if I hadn't skipped so many issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Awww! He is great. Best character in this book right now. Lol

Sadly, it'll be a Mystique book from here on probably. Editor, Chris Robinson mentioned lots of guest stars would be appearing.

We already got Deadpool coming in chapter 23.

And given a Twitter post, Pak may bring Monet in later....

That'll be 3 of my favorites he's gotten his hands on, and I don't have high hope he'll do her justice.
    Well, at least you get to read some stories about Monet and Sabretooth being in the same comic again, if Monet does come to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Well, at least you get to read some stories about Monet and Sabretooth being in the same comic again, if Monet does come to the book.
    I probably won't see that because Mystique coming in was a warning sign, and a last straw. When she & Creed are together, they're usually paired up, and I have no interest in seeing Creed as her sexy toy / whipping boy. Again.

Then Pak's focus on action / comedy, and little depth doesn't have me thinking he's gonna do well with Monet in general, nor the bond she had with Creed in Uncanny. Especially when the Creed in this book is not the same. Bunn's Creed felt like Sabretooth. This Creed feels like an air-headed loser frat jock. Plus this Creed is mostly evil again, and has been syncing up with Mystique in secret for months now. So really, this Sabretooth & Monet doesn't bring much excitement. If it were Bunn, Duggan, or Brisson bringing them back together, it'd be nice. Because Creed would still be written like adult, and we'd be sure to get some genuine / good closure & answers on their separation, which Pak isn't guaranteed to give.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-03-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I probably won't see that because Mystique coming in was a warning sign, and a last straw. When she & Creed are together, they're usually paired up, and I have no interest in seeing them sexing up again with Creed as her whipping boy.

Then Pak's focus on action / comedy, and little depth doesn't have me thinking he's gonna do well with Monet in general, nor the bond she had with Creed in Uncanny. It'll be treated as comedy relief, like everything else related to Creed in this book & probably get no more depth than what Warpath & Domino had.

Same with Deadpool. I loved when Creed guest-starred in the 2016 DP solo, and I wanted to see them interact again. Given how similar they both were, and the fact they'd gone through the same thing of working on redemption & losing it all. But I wanted to see Duggan writing it. Pak...that had me wary from the get-go. He's already made Creed shameful comedy relief. Lord knows how unbearable his Deadpool will be.
    I understand your concern about Mystique and Sabretooth being linked togather again. But, this comic is meant to be about Sabretooth as leader of the team. Usually Mystique isn't good at taking orders rom other characters. I'm hoping that we see some stories about Sabretooth and Mystique butting heads as to who is really in control of this team. May not happen, but I hope that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I understand your concern about Mystique and Sabretooth being linked togather again. But, this comic is meant to be about Sabretooth as leader of the team. Usually Mystique isn't good at taking orders rom other characters. I'm hoping that we see some stories about Sabretooth and Mystique butting heads as to who is really in control of this team. May not happen, but I hope that it does.
    I'd be on board for that. Them being antagonistic makes since & is how it should go. But, since 2010, Creed has been Mystique's whipped lover + sidekick. Only early in Aaron's run did that not seem the case. In this chapter, we see him tell the team not to say anything bad to her face because she's getting them back in business. So sounds like it's Creed's team, but she's above him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-03-2018 at 05:29 PM.

I'm happy Warpath and Old Man Logan managed to escape this series.

I'm still reading the book for the story and line- up but the art has been awful these past two issues. I don't understand why they would even hire that artist..the characters' expressions usually don't match what is going on and the action sequences are a complete mess. I'm intrigued to see how Mystique is going to fit into all this. I think it would be cool to have a Charlie's Angels kind of thing where she just gives them assignments and the team could bring in more mercenaries as needed. I see a lot of potential for the book but they need to get a new artist on it.