Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Elements of the “Arrowverse” you’d like to see incorporated in the DCU

I definitely don’t want to see too much of the CW Arrowverse brought into the comic book world but a few things would be welcome. Here are a few elements and characters I’d like to see in the DCU:

Alex Danvers - Supergirl’s sister has become a great character with a lot of depth. DEO Agent Danvers would be another strong LGBT character in the DCU.

The D.E.O.: With so many government agencies, this organization gets lost in the shuffle. The DEO in the comics should focus on extraterrestrial activity. SHADE deals with the paranormal, ARGUS handles meta human relations, and the DEO should deal with aliens. Having the Martian Manhunter as the head of the DEO would be pretty cool as well.

Cisco Ramon aka Vibe: Vibe has been completely shelved over the last few years. Over the years the “Big 2” have been trying to create more diversity in their respective universes. it makes zero sense that DC has a great Hispanic character appearing in their most popular show and they have completely forgotten about him in the comics. Vibe doesn’t need to be a regular in the Flash comics, but he could easily be a regular in a team book.

Aliens on earth: I really like how Supergirl has established that extraterrestrials have immigrated to earth. They still congregate in secret but Superman has become a beacon of hope for aliens trying to find a better life on earth. It could be the groundwork for what eventually becomes the Legion of Suoerheroes.

White Canary - not sure how to fit her in exactly. Not even sure what Black Canary's current story is, but make her Dinah's sister or whatever and let her head up a new Birds of Prey.
    Vigilante - an ex-cop who barely escapes death, then comes back with healing powers and a thirst for deadly justice! Even if it means taking on heroes once in awhile.
    The Vixen mythos - it was the main thrust of the last season of "Legends" and showed that there's a lot of material there.
    BEEBO!! - Beebo hungry...

Sarah and Alex.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The magical totems from Vixen's mythos and that's it.

I like the arrowverse shows but nothing.

Mighty Member

The legends and White Canary-Wouldn't have to be the same team as the show, but it would be really cool to see something fun like this adapted into the comics canon.

Vixen's expanded mythology-Both the webseries and Legends have done really cool world building with Vixen. It would be cool to see the new totems and totem bearers added into the canon, as well as the generational aspect to the Vixen legacy.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

If we ever have another Vibe solo I'd basically bring most of the relationships he's had with the other characters on the show into the comic. Not with the exact same characters but the spirit of the relationship.

For Ray i would reveal that when he was younger he was a lot like his CW incarnation but he matured over the course of his career.

For the Legends, they already exist but they are a secret because of time travel. The specific roster might be different.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    If we ever have another Vibe solo I'd basically bring most of the relationships he's had with the other characters on the show into the comic. Not with the exact same characters but the spirit of the relationship.

For Ray i would reveal that when he was younger he was a lot like his CW incarnation but he matured over the course of his career.

For the Legends, they already exist but they are a secret because of time travel. The specific roster might be different.
    After Ray's stint as a teen again and a member of the Teen Titans during that under appreciated run I got the impression Ray was born old given how much he hated being young.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    After Ray's stint as a teen again and a member of the Teen Titans during that under appreciated run I got the impression Ray was born old given how much he hated being young.
    Ehh You could always play it as him being embarrased as to how he used to be when he started out.

But ultimately its a different canon so.....

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    White Canary - not sure how to fit her in exactly. Not even sure what Black Canary's current story is, but make her Dinah's sister or whatever and let her head up a new Birds of Prey.
    Vigilante - an ex-cop who barely escapes death, then comes back with healing powers and a thirst for deadly justice! Even if it means taking on heroes once in awhile.
    The Vixen mythos - it was the main thrust of the last season of "Legends" and showed that there's a lot of material there.
    BEEBO!! - Beebo hungry...
    Reveal the original Black Canary and the League of Assassins were enemies. Have the League kidnap her first daughter Sara training her to become an assassin. Her mother dying before ever finding her daughter and Dinah not knowing she even has an older sister.

Astonishing Member

Jay Garrick as an alternate universe doppelganger for Barry's dad.

Rip Hunter, the Waverider, and recruiting a team of people whose impact on history is minimal to form a team.

Lena Luthor taking control of her disgraced brother's company. Also being a close friend of Kara in her secret ID but having a less harmonious relationship with Supergirl (but not as a villain).

I think Black Canary having a long lost bisexual sister who can kick butt as much as she can would be pretty cool .

Maybe Thea, more Tommy, and Dinah being a lawyer again, but that's really it. I hate synergy for the most part and I don't think the Arrowverse has done anything much better than the comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Harrison Wells. Specifically, the Earth 2 "Harry" Wells.

Cisco's Vibe.

I'd love a Flash book with a STAR labs team dynamic...not to the point that Flash is ineffective without them like the show, but just a team of people to help with things.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Retired

A Legends book with all the characters from the TV show, but set in the DCU, would be something I'd buy.