Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Cisco Ramon. IMO, the CW version of Cisco is way more interesting than the comic version.

Harrison Wells. I would like to see Barry's supporting cast grow beyond people who work with him on the Police force and other heroes and Harrison would be good for this. He could work in the Central City branch of S.T.A.R Labs.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Mighty Member

Default Arrowverse Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Cisco Ramon. IMO, the CW version of Cisco is way more interesting than the comic version.

Harrison Wells. I would like to see Barry's supporting cast grow beyond people who work with him on the Police force and other heroes and Harrison would be good for this. He could work in the Central City branch of S.T.A.R Labs.
    I never read the nu52 version of Vibe if I have the right name. Most of nu52 was met with fan reaction ranging from yawning indifference to rabid hostility. Like a few other titles at the time it might have developed into something or maybe not But as Bernie Sanders said "we'll never know" As far as Wells goes without the writers from House it would be difficult to keep audiences involved with his unsympathetic snarky attitude depending on which version of Wells you use. Wasn't he already the owner of Star Labs on Flash? Good idea though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And he was a pretty terrible character, with not much resemblance to the Arrowverse version.
    New 52 Cisco came out well before Arrowverse The Flash even began.

Also, I disagree; New 52 Vibe and his brothers were all awesome, and it's a downright shame that he and his family have been shelved. It's one of the New 52 things that I loved that didn't get the respect I felt it should have. New 52 Vibe's costume was cool, his demeanor was cool, his familial relationships were endearingly sweet, and he was a powerhouse of a Superhero (his powers not being explored and properly used is its own tragedy, ala Cyborg's).

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    I never read the nu52 version of Vibe if I have the right name. Most of nu52 was met with fan reaction ranging from yawning indifference to rabid hostility. Like a few other titles at the time it might have developed into something or maybe not But as Bernie Sanders said "we'll never know" As far as Wells goes without the writers from House it would be difficult to keep audiences involved with his unsympathetic snarky attitude depending on which version of Wells you use. Wasn't he already the owner of Star Labs on Flash? Good idea though.
    The hate the New 52 gets is obnoxiously overblown, and the fact that it still persists well into Rebirth is just a manifestation of the reality that people hold and hold-fast to grudges. So many cool things came from the New 52. Its reimagining of Vibe and his brothers being one of them, which is why his absence is such a waste.

I'm not surprised that people would want the CW's Cisco. For many, that was their first exposure to the character, possibly outside the negatively biased third-hand references to references of the first Justice League Detroit (which, as far as I can tell, also tends to get way more flack than his actions in practice should warrant; JL Detroit Vibe was actually pretty cool). Thing of it is, I'd have some reservations depending on how they went into recursively adapting him to comics, especially since the New 52 version was as awesome as he was. CW's version doesn't have the same familial connections that made New 52's so endearing, and CW's version is generally a bit too passive (which is a symptom of being on a team where he isn't the lead hero), and that's something that I wouldn't want adapted back into the comics. Vibe's proactive personality and demeanor was something true even in his original take. I wouldn't want to lose that trait for the sake of bringing the CW's Vibe into the comics wholecloth.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-07-2018 at 02:30 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I always thought this DC Nation does a pretty good job of showing how fun JL Detroit Vibe could be, despite being an obvious stereotype. Gerry Conway wasn't trying to be offensive when he came up with Vibe. On the contrary, he was trying to add some much needed diversity to the DCU.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I wouldn't say CW Vibe is inherently better than New 52 Vibe, we just got to spend more time with him so we know him more. I wouldn't say New 52 vibe was a problem outside of Brett Booth's art. So its more people weren't willing look past his origins/reputation. Thats a problem because a lot of the early minority characters haven't aged well so unless you are willing to correct that and try again they are not gonna go very far.

I know some Dick Grayson and Teen Titans fans will hate this, but copying to some extent the Slade Wilson and Ollie friendship and falling out from Arrow would be great.

Amazing Member

Three big things for me...

1. The Vixen mythologicy. Like, holy crap! That really was such a clever idea, and really would give sooo much to the character in the comics. I really think Vixen could be a star if DC plays their cards right with her.

2. White Canary. Sarah has turned into such an iconic character in the series, that I really think she would be interesting to bring into the comics.

3. Legends of Tomorrow - a team of B list heroes traveling through time? How is this currently not a series?? It's such a fun idea!