Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You know they will be back eventually, right? I mean, it's not official, but I think it's pretty clear that they will. The current team is mad popular.
    I hope that you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Uh okay? It's your choice but really, isn't it too dramatic to call bad decision when we haven't seen what it's gonna look like yet?
    I remember Red HoodxArsenal comic and the people complains about the first Red hood outlaws run.. After read this chapter and see how the things changed for Jason I prefer leave this now. I have a bad feeling about this.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-09-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I decided to make this my last issue.

I prefer my good memories about this run than continue with one different Jason without Artemis&Bizarro. BAD DECISION.
    Given how this issue ended, wouldn't the upcoming annual be a better stopping point?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Given how this issue ended, wouldn't the upcoming annual be a better stopping point?
    the annual? I should read that solicitation again...

However, without Bizarro and Artemis, I prefer not see this comic future in that annual..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-09-2018 at 12:28 PM.

I remember Red HoodxArsenal comic and the people complains about the first Red hood outlaws run.. After read this chapter and see how the things changed for Jason I prefer leave this now. I have a bad feeling about this.
    I don't get how Red Hood/Arsenal and the 1st RHATO have anything to do with your feelings on the new direction.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

However, without Bizarro and Artemis, I prefer not see this comic future in that annual..
    Well, you should definitely read that solicitation again

It's basically the epilogue to this story, so it would be a more natural point to stop reading, I think.

Incredible Member

Bruce, I understand that Jason made a promise about not killing and you really trusted in him, but c'mon man, at least ask him "Why?"

Also, I like that there wasn't a break up because of an inner fight between Jason, Artemis, and Bizarro (who really is a hero).

Ok, Mr. Lobdell, you have given us two amazing years of stories from this series -and the only story where Wally was happy from the beginning to the ending-, I'm nervous about the change of direction of the series, but I will trust you.

Even though the trio is now separated, I'm not angry. It was done REALLY well, and there's still strong bonds between them (if Jason and Artemis are the cannon WonderxBat, I would be very okay with that, with Bizarro as their brother, and dating the bearded lady).

Hope to see the three reunite down the line. Definitely one of the stronger narratives of Rebirth.

Sad to see this team disband.
    It was hard reading this in both a good and bad way. Bruce is a not a good father. He is abusive as hell and to the one who needs him the most. When he needs him the most. I can' understand those defending him saying he's in a bad place. He got dumped. He's a grown ass gets dumped not for the 1st time and he deals by going apeshit on his kid.

This isn't the 1st time Bruce has used abusing Jason as an outlet for his frustrations so I guess 'Red headed step kid' status confirmed.

This issue was emotional and brilliant but Bruce going hard on Jason.... that hurt

BANNED

reminds me of the time he took him to the site of his death to help him "remember" something about his resurrection which he could use to revive Damian.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

This makes me think of better times like Jason's favorite memory which is Bruce choosing to stay in with a sick Robin Jason instead of going out to fight crime. The totally opposite of the relationship of Bruce and Jason back in Post-Crisis. Bruce didn't give much thought about Jason's emotional state and was more concerned about Robin doing what Robin should do.

All in all Jason's childhood sucked:
    - Mother took drugs and drank during pregnancy
    - father was a criminal
    - grandmother didn't give a f*ck about him (think about it: after being sent to prison she didn't do anything to locate Jason although to her knowledge back then Jason was homeless, living alone on the streets and was potentially going to die because of that)
    - Bruce being more concerned about his ability to do his Robin duty
    - "brother" Dick being mostly away doing his Titan stuff
    - Alfred giving hints to Bruce but not really doing much more
    Last edited by Sergard; 08-11-2018 at 10:15 AM.

That was a brutal issue for Jason. Absolutely the wrong time to get on the bad side of Batman given what is happening in his title. The Artemis and Red Hood moment in this issue was great as well, amazing how well Lobdell has done developing the relationship between those two compared to what was going on in Red Hood and the Outlaws, he has absolutely exceeded expectations with this title since rebirth. Great job by all the creative people involved on this title.

I think that the only thing that is kinda weird about this issue is how people are kinda demonizing Bruce for his actions. Bruce told Jason no killing, it has been Batman's one rule forever, what did Jason think would happen when he decided to break the rule in front of the world. Sure Jason was in a bad place but Batman can't just go "jason was having a bad day" and write it off like nothing happened. Batman has certain rules Jason knew them and knowingly broke them, you kill someone in Gotham you deal with Batman, that is just how it is. I do really hope they reconcile at some point though, Jason has become my favorite Batfamily character by far (outside of Bruce)
    Last edited by regg215; 08-11-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

My problem with what happened has nothing to do with the REASON Bruce was confronting Jason and everything to do with WAY Bruce chose to confront him. Instead of discussing this like a rational adult with Jason Bruce immediately decided to swoop in for the "kill" instead and brutally beat him like one of his rogues and then on top of that he continued to do so after his son just saw his new "family" taken from him. Sorry but there is literally no excuse for someone taking out their own issues (in this case Bruce's anger or whatever over his breakup) out on their kid. End. Of. Story. It's a dick move any way you look at it.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-13-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

Do you Recommend this issue as a Jumping on point

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    My problem with what happened has nothing to do with the REASON Bruce was confronting Jason and everything to do with WAY Bruce chose to confront him. Instead of discussing this like a rational adult with Jason Bruce immediately decided to swoop in for the "kill" instead and brutally beat him like one of his rogues and then on top of that he continued to do so after his son just saw his new "family" taken from him. Sorry but there is literally no excuse for someone taking out there own issues (in this case Bruce's anger or whatever over his breakup) out on their kid. End. Of. Story. It's a dick move any way you look at it.
    Unfortunately, not many people are able to see this. I'm tired of arguing with some batman fans, and at this point, I just give up on trying to make them understand what the actual issue is and why Bruce did wrong. Some even insist in that Jason was trying to fight back. Fighting back, Jason, in this issue. Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Do you Recommend this issue as a Jumping on point
    No. No, at all. Absolutely no. Not even after reading a summary of past events in some Wiki. This is the conclusion to almost all the run so far, and relies heavily on the reader connecting with the former building up in regards of drama, struggles, mystery and relationships. In order to understand and enjoy it as you are expected to, you need to read the last 10 issues or so. This also applies to issues 22 (from where it all directly springs), 23 and 24. This is the final arc of this part of the story, and it's really different from the previous issues, that could be read stand alone and still be pretty enjoyable. Ask someone to lend you the previous issues or trades, go to a library, buy them digital; just don't jump straight with this issue (or even 22, honestly).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-13-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: grammar