Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It just occurred to me... Maybe this fight with Bruce is not because he wants to reprehend Jason and send him to Blackgate / Arkham / insert name of any facility. Maybe it's because he wants to stop him and send him to Sanctuary, and that's why Superman shows up. Bruce doesn't want to hurt Jason: he wants to stop him and put him somewhere where he could get help. Like what they did with Wally in Flash. A bit tricky and unexpected, and wouldn't be too traumatic as far as their relation goes, but it certainly could put Jason in self-imposed exile. It also would tie with... whatever it may happen with Roy.
    Self-imposed exile sounds like something Jason would do. It's more in his character than doing so just because Batman says so (but of course he'd be honorable enough to abide by the rules of their duel so maybe). I mean, Gotham is his home too. Moreover, with Lobdell's tendency to humanize characters all sides, I don't think he will make us walk away hating Bruce. Instead of "you killed, get out Jason" it could instead be "get help, Jason". With Superman showing up, I don't know if it has anything with Bruce/Jason, but I certainly hope he saves the HQ from falling on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    But I get your idea - and the consequences it could have in the worst case scenario concerning Roy: Bruce wants to send Jason to the Sanctuary, Jason declines the offer and flees. He meets with Roy who wants to give the Sanctuary a chance - maybe even asking Jason if he really doesn't want to accompany him. Jason still declines. Roy dies. Conclusion: Jason blaming himself for Roy's death and asking himself if he could have prevented it.

God, I so hope that Roy survives. Jason has already enough personal problems as it is. He doesn't need a dead best friend on top of it.
    This could very well happen... they are both in a bad place. But damn that's gotta take a huge toll on Jason afterward. I really want Roy to survive.

Woah is this issue loaded!

spoilers:
    That fight between Jason and Bruce was hard to watch, it wasn't much of a fued like the cover suggested, but more of Jason trying to avoid Bruce and fix the oncoming collision of his headquaters, while Bruce pummels him. Pretty brutal.

Biz sacrificed himself but I'm unsure whether it was permanant or not. I'm doubtful it is.

Finally Arty and Jay share a kiss, dawwww, though the seperation feels just as bittersweet between them, its nice to know that Arty will be in WW and not limbo though.

Considering all Jay has lost in this issue, and the pain of STILL having his father figuire go after his head does seem aweful. I can see the possible breakdown and revamp coming thanks to this anguish.

Roy comes in to save the day, huzzah.

And oh boy, I know most of us saw the mystery to Willis from a mile away but I dont know how people are gonna feel about the plot twist with Ma Gunn. I did not see THAT coming. Wonder what Lobdell was planning with that.

All in all, loved the issue though, twas bittersweet and a beautiful read. Seriously gonna miss Soy and Gandini.
    end of spoilers

This was my favorite era of the series yet. I'm really gonna miss Bizarro and Red Her I mean Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Woah is this issue loaded!
    This an underestimate. The issue was heavy and full of surprises (I didn't see the Ma Gunn twist coming).

I will give more in depth review later on, but just let me say that Bruce deserves a heavy beat down for his behaviour in this issue. Truly disappointing how he made it all about him.
    Last edited by Rise; 08-07-2018 at 09:48 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

How in the heck did you guys get the issue so early. Its now several hours after you three posted and though I get my books digitally I still can't get the issue yet.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

So I'm going to hate Bruce. Fine. So in the end I am going to be where I feared was going to be months ago.

Sigh. I want to read this issue now, but at the same time...

Darn and I just happened to have a credit card problem today. Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    So I'm going to hate Bruce. Fine. So in the end I am going to be where I feared was going to be months ago.

Sigh. I want to read this issue now, but at the same time...
    Besides the fight (which I feel that Lobdell went overboard with the violence), the issue was really great. The way the team (including Roy) was there for Jason and the Todds are finally being explored make the break up with Batman worth it.

I just realized another thing, after that 'certain reveal'

Seriously big spoiler!

spoilers:
    If Ma Gunn is Jasons grandmother, then that means that white haired girl at the cafe who said she was Faye's granddaughter is either his (possibly half or full) sister (maybe even the one Lobdell had planned for in rhato v1) OR she is at least his cousin. That's at least three known family members he has now all of a sudden.
    end of spoilers

No way she is his sister. Willis would have talked about her in his letters if she was and we already know that he has siblings so she is very likely Jason's cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    No way she is his sister. Willis would have talked about her in his letters if she was and we already know that he has siblings so she is very likely Jason's cousin.
    Fair point, though either way, that's two new additions to his known bio family, which strangely I must admit isn't an aspect I ever thought would be explored for Jason, I wonder if Lobdell has any plans for these three now or eventually. spoilers:
    Especially after seeing Ma Gunns tragic fate, like damn, that was dark, feels like she's stuck in a purgatory and one that funnily enough features comics that maybe Biz? thought up as wishful thinking on Jasons behalf. I'm assuming that's what that whole giant rhato team helping Batman and killing Joker thing was.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    What a character, you never hit the Joker this hard, and you hate him *smirks*
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Finally! How was it?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I`ve got you buddy
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Besides the fight (which I feel that Lobdell went overboard with the violence), the issue was really great. The way the team (including Roy) was there for Jason and the Todds are finally being explored make the break up with Batman worth it.
    Good. I cannot wait for arriving home and read it.

Still, every time I have to read an unlikeable Bruce, my heart hurt. I already said it, but I have a problem with such a high profiled hero being so unsymphatetic and unempathic with the characters he supposrdly cares about. I find unbeliebable that so many people get to work or even worship him so friendly in universe. The TAS batman, the 80s batman, the Burton batman... Sure, I like him a lot. Pretty balancing, interesting, charming. Nowadays, though, I wish Dick would stay in the cape or something else changing the way Bruce is written would happened.

/monthy rant off.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Such a great conclusion to this Outlaw's story with this team, gonna miss these guys each month. Not ready for the feels if Roy really does die in Sanctuary and we have to deal with Jason's aftermath.