Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I already made my feelings known about the fight so I'm going to mention the stuff I enjoyed.

The issue felt a little rushed and kinda short, but the outlaws got a nice closure with a chance to continue with the team if they decided to bring them back. The moments they had were very touching and nice in this issue and you can feel the sense of loss Jason felt when he was separated from them (I also liked how Lobdell foucsed more on then than the fight).

I'm really happy with how much depth Willis and Ma Gunn have been getting and to see the Todd family expanded. That scene with Ma Gunn when she said she knew from the moment she saw him was so well drawn because you can feel the regret, the saddness and the love she has for Jason (I hope she get rescued). The mother/son small talk was also really nice.

And lastly, Roy showing up at end was really great ("I got you, buddy") and the issue acomplished its job by explaining the drastic change Jason going through next month. Overall, this was an excellent issue and I'm hopeful for the new direction.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Bruce definitely needs to face consequences for his behavior here. He crossed a line himself the same as he's saying Jason did so there really needs to be consequences for his actions.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Not sure if it was intentional but that's a nice parallel between Freeze and Bruce, with the difference that, he's sort of justified here and emotionally charged.

That comparison with Kate was funny tho.

Still, if there is a character who gets to handle some consequences for, these days, is Batman. It will comeback to bite him in the ass somehow. Which is another thing he and Jason happen to share.

That and being triggered the same way into fights.n
    Last edited by Aioros22; 08-08-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

That was awesome.

Time to read the entire run to prepare for the annual/solo arc

Well, I was predicting I was gonna be mad at Bruce and Oh, boy! I am mad! I honestly hope someone calls him out on his awful behavior.

We all knew who Solitaire was going to end up being, but I was not counting on the Ma Gunn reveal. I'm going to have to rethink some of my fics after this issue. Funny how, aside from Damian, Jason now has one of the larger non-Wayne family members alive out of all the Robins.

And Roy showing up to the rescue! That was awesome! I've missed you, buddy! Can't wait for the annual!

Meanwhile, I'll be watching Tumblr losing their minds over Roy, Artemis and calling for Lobdell to be fired while on twitter people whine on how they always knew Jason was psycho who deserves to be throw in Arkham. Nothing like a bunch of ignorants who haven't read a Red Hood issue since the New 52 started.

I've been in Reddit's DC Comics, like every wednesday.
    We have like six or seven threads about Red Hood right now in the first two pages. Not all are for this month's issue, but theyˇre about Jason or the run.

It's great. I wish it sold better, honestly. It's warming how much people are liking it.

Edited: Isn't Willis alias "Solitary"? I keep reading "Solitaire", but I think it was "Solitary"? I don't mean to sound rude, btw. Just wondering.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-08-2018 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Feck grammar!

Double post.
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 08-08-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    What a kick in the feels. Man oh man. I can't even being to say how much I enjoyed this issue though I did feel that Bruce was a bit to brutal here IMO especially after basically giving Batwoman a slap on the wrist for killing Clayface and all's well again. Now I really hate Bruce. What a hypocrite.

Just because context has been given, and damned good context I might add, doesn't mean that my problems with the costume and especially his use of a crowbar are going to vanish. My problem is with the artistic rendering of the costume not the costume itself and that's not likely to change. Will I get used to seeing the costume?: Sure but I doubt I'll be happy about the new artist however much he might fit for this new direction. His artist style just isn't one I care for. Just personal taste. As for the crowbar I will never, ever be happy about him using it. It to over the top for me personally. I like the katana much better to be honest. Again that's just personal taste.
    I understand where you're coming from, and my comment wasn't meant to imply you in any way. I wrote this in response to the comments which I personally feel judged the new costume a little bit unfairly, hating the deviation from the old costume, and completely missing the point of the new one, which is to remove the iconic Red Hood elements in the first place. Aesthetic preferences are on the other hand equally valid.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-08-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I've been in Reddit's DC Comics, like every wednesday.
    We have like six or seven threads about Red Hood right now in the first two pages. Not all are for this month's issue, but theyˇre about Jason or the run.

It's great. I wish it sold better, honestly. It's warming how much people are liking it.

Edited: Isn't Willis alias "Solitary"? I keep reading "Solitaire", but I think it was "Solitary"? I don't mean to sound rude, btw. Just wondering.
    It's pretty funny how you get contrary reactions from different places. Tumblr hates everything Lobdell does but Reddit loves RHATO from what I've seen? I think 4chan loves it too.

Re: Solitary. Guilty as charged. Can I tell you about all the times where I very clearly think Solitary and end up writing down Solitaire instead? It's confusing just like his head(s).

"So what? Are you sad you're going to miss another play date?"

By gawd Jason may have lost the physical fight but he tore Bruce a new one all the same. Great issue, sucks we have to wait three weeks for the annual.

I'm not a regular reader, but I enjoyed this issue. I think Soy is just about ready for a run on a top tier book. I'd like to see him on Batman.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Not sure if it was intentional but that's a nice parallel between Freeze and Bruce, with the difference that, he's sort of justified here and emotionally charged.

That comparison with Kate was funny tho.
    Can you explain a bit more on this? I skip both books and only have a very, very vague idea on Batwoman, but none of the nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, and my comment wasn't meant to imply you in any way. I wrote this in response to the comments which I personally feel judged the new costume a little bit unfairly, hating the deviation from the old costume, and completely missing the point of the new one, which is to remove the iconic Red Hood elements in the first place. Aesthetic preferences are on the other hand equally valid.
    Oh I get that it's just that I see most people's complaints about the costume as being ones made on aesthetic grounds aside of a few people who are just nitpicking to nitpick. Even people who don't like it because it "doesn't fit with the character" are still talking about how the costume looks compared to other Red Hood costumes.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

I'm not sure how that was double posted. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-08-2018 at 12:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    "So what? Are you sad you're going to miss another play date?"

By gawd Jason may have lost the physical fight but he tore Bruce a new one all the same. Great issue, sucks we have to wait three weeks for the annual.
    That grin said it all, nobody pushes his buttons that well.