Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    About the blood family stuff. It really isn't important if Ma is or isn't. Jason still chose his familly, a familly that cared for him, in the case of Biz, Art and I'mgoing to say Roy too here, even if he will probably be declared friend only. And even if he didn't knew, he chose Ma too, and I'm going to count Alfred too, as he showed up earlier in a very family-like light.

What's more: Willis and Ma can still very well betray, manipulate and abandom or hurt Jason in many ways (well more like Willis and Faye): we've seen little of them yet.

I think Ma blood relation with Jason ihas some importance not because of Willis, butbecause Faye, actually, and what she can bring to the incoming plot.
    I can imagine how Tumblr is boiling with the perceived blood-related family over adoptive family agenda over at DC. I mean, it's not untrue with how it's handled sometimes when it comes to Damian being the true son. But honestly, I don't think that's what it is here in RHATO. Jason and Bruce can still reconcile despite the presence of Willis and the family on his side. It just takes a very long time to get there, and in between, we'll have a lot of ups and downs, as it's wont to do when it comes to these two brick heads.

So with more than a few loose ends tied up, who's up for a full reread of the whole run? At the top of my head, one thing left unexplained is Queen Bee's reaction to whatever was in Jason's mind. Really hoping Lobdell pick that thread up again and if it turns out to be concerning his supernatural resurrection, all the sweeter.

Extraordinary Member

I'm guessing Willis start as a henchman happened before Bruce started as Batman, but then he went working with the rogues later in his life. Except Two Faces, who could have been doing his stuff before Batman too, but then got his moniker later with Batman.
    Two Face is one of the villains where that doesn't work, since he was a district attorney and helped Batman when Bruce started.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The thing is that the whole additions to Jasons backstory from rebirth have imo some severe isues when it comes to the over all timeline, and Jasons classic origin.

When Willis went to prison the day after the he visited the circus (while Dicks parents were still alive) that would have happend very early in Batman career, so him having a long career as hechmen of all the different super villains (who were at this point not even all around) isn't really plausible. And that would place it imo much earlier in Jasons live than his other origins.

And in his original Origin Jason is in Ma Gunns care for just one Day, so that Willis could sent him 6 letters doesn't seem plausible (and on top of that he was allready dead at this point).

Btw. I really don't like how easy Jasons helmet brackes all the time.
    Up to now I thought the circus scene was showing Dick paying Haley's circus a visit during his Robin time and "helping out". But I gave the scene a second look and Dick is wearing a Flying Grayson costume - and there is a second person with the same costume (his father?). So yeah, it doesn't really add up. That's why I'm glad the issue was an annual and not a regular issue. (Also didn't like that Alfred gave Jason Dick's old room although it's well known that Jason has his own room that turned in a little "museum" after his death - and I think that was even mentioned in the old RHatO run).

I don't mind that Lobdell changed the duration of Jason's stay at Ma Gunn's school to a few days. It could be possible that the letters were redirected. In Batman #426 (First part of A Death in the family) Jason meets a Mrs. Walker (friend of his mother) who gives him some of his parents' stuff she could save from the landlord. Maybe something similar happened here. Willis' sent the letters to the old address but Jason was already gone. Some neighbor kept the letters and sent them to Ma Gunn's school after hearing that Jason was there.

Some good analysis here considering the revelation about Ma Gunn. Lobdell really has been leaving hints and building it up for quite a while.

And I have to say that I didn't notice link about how both Jason and Fey Jr were named after their grandparents. This was smart one, Lobdell.
    Last edited by Rise; 08-09-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Btw, I gave a brief peek at Wonder Woman, and it seemed like Artemis was looking for Jason in that bar where she was found by Diana and Aztek.

Btw, I gave a brief peek at Wonder Woman, and it seemed like Artemis was looking for Jason in that bar where she was found by Diana and Aztek.
    Nice. As Rise said in the Jason thread, more books are acknowledging what's going on in RHATO. Hopefully it's indicative of a positive shift in priority from DC. By the way, was the Bow of Ra used by Diana as was depicted in the cover?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Nice. As Rise said in the Jason thread, more books are acknowledging what's going on in RHATO. Hopefully it's indicative of a positive shift in priority from DC. By the way, was the Bow of Ra used by Diana as was depicted in the cover?
    No, nothing indicates Diana can use it.

The three go in search of Antiope (Diana's Aunt) and end up in a temple fighting a guardian where Artemis is about to shoot the bow but Diana screams that is too dangerous.

Not Diana: Artemis uses the bow, actually. And Diana mentions not only Bana-Mighdall, bur Akila as well (her death and how dangerous the bow is). And true being told, the thing about Art looking for Jason is ambiguous, but for me, the challenge she's looking for that is not in that bar is him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    No, nothing indicates Diana can use it.

The three go in search of Antiope (Diana's Aunt) and end up in a temple fighting a guardian where Artemis is about to shoot the bow but Diana screams that is too dangerous.
    Thanks mate! Good to hear it!

Not Diana: Artemis uses the bow, actually. And Diana mentions not only Bana-Mighdall, bur Akila as well (her death and how dangerous the bow is). And true being told, the thing about Art looking for Jason is ambiguous, but for me, the challenge she's looking for that is not in that bar is him.
    Okay you might have convinced me to give it a read. That sounds subtly adorable.

Okay you might have convinced me to give it a read. That sounds subtly adorable.
    It's a pretty action-y issue, not a bad read. I've been reading WW sporadically, so I don't know much about what happened before this issue and the point at which I stopped reading last time (when Rucka left. It's been a while). But it was an entertaining read as far as I've seen. Pulpy, even. With nice art (but that's almost an standard in this book, I think)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-09-2018 at 10:32 AM.

I decided to make this my last issue.

I prefer my good memories about this run than continue with one different Jason without Artemis&Bizarro. BAD DECISION.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-09-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

I prefer my good memories about this run than continue with one different Jason without Artemis&Bizarro. BAD DECISION.
    You know they will be back eventually, right? I mean, it's not official, but I think it's pretty clear that they will. The current team is mad popular.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Uh okay? It's your choice but really, isn't it too dramatic to call bad decision when we haven't seen what it's gonna look like yet?