Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

it was a bittersweet issue. I'm more a Batman fan than a red hood fan, but Bruce was in the wrong here. This is not how he should have acted toward one of his "sons", even though he felt betrayed.

It was a good main story with an interesting ending. I have mixed feelings about the "What If" page wasting of the backup story but the substantial reveal mostly makes up for that. Back to the main - in some ways, at face value, the negative reactions to Batman's actions are... understandable but in hindsight I am starting to lean back towards Batman did no wrong. Jason KILLED someone not to mention the fact he rapid fired his gun at Batman!! Was he shooting to distract and detain only? It didn't look like it and no narration said so. Plus, to be fair to Batman he did appropriately compare his POV to the recent killing of Clayface by Batwoman.

That opening flashback is a HUGE untold tale of Jason bringing Batman back to life conveniently and casually tossed in to help showcase this new rift forming.

Meanwhile it was a pretty neat super science solution to the falling HQ thing. It's just a bit unclear WHY Artemis had to go with Bizarro.

Cover._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Bruce behaviour was brutaly disproportionate, at least. And petty: no other way he would've dragged an uncoonscious and beatten Jason across the roof by his broken helmet. Jason doing wrong doesn't mean that Bruce did right. And a distressed Jason wasn't even trying to defend himself.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Bruce behaviour was brutaly disproportionate, at least. And petty: no other way he would've dragged an uncoonscious and beatten Jason across the roof by his broken helmet. Jason doing wrong doesn't mean that Bruce did right. And a distressed Jason wasn't even trying to defend himself.
    I agree. Two wrongs do not make a right. Jason may done wrong here but in my opinion Bruce is just as guilty of wrongdoing. If we want to talk about criminal actions, just to level the playing field here a bit , then what Bruce did here was assault plain and simple. In fact I would argue that it was assault with a deadly weapon (his fists could be labled as such) because the training he received could be used to kill.

Heck isn't Batman on trial right now for using excessive force on Mr. Freeze when apprehending him even? So Bookem Danno I have to respectfully disagree with you there. There is no way what Bruce did here was right and certainly not when one compares this overreaction to how he's reacted to other kills made by other members of the family. He at least treated them with a bit of respect and he certainly didn't beat them into unconsciousness or close enough either.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-15-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I don't know if it is of any importance but do we know what Penguin was up to?
    In issue #18 we learned that Queen Bee had done some stuff for him (what had cost him millions).
    And in issue #20 Jason sent an munition dealer home who wanted to do business with Penguin.
    Are these two cases connected/of greater importance or merely story fillers?
    I even checked issue #14 if the (attempted) escape of Victor Zsasz could be connected to the Penguin but I didn't find any indication. (But what I did find was Bizarro's team logo on a tank in the headquarters)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    In issue #18 we learned that Queen Bee had done some stuff for him (what had cost him millions).
    And in issue #20 Jason sent an munition dealer home who wanted to do business with Penguin.
    I even checked issue #14 if the (attempted) escape of Victor Zsasz could be connected to the Penguin but I didn't find any indication. (But what I did find was Bizarro's team logo on a tank in the headquarters)
    I don't know. I cannot remember enough of it now, but I doubt it's more than foreshadowing that Penguin was going to play a bigger role forward that point, being Jason's interest because his activities. There is still a thing lingering there with the queen that I do remember and could be foreshadowing for a future arc, though,

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I always have a strange feeling that Solitary was there and Queen bee saw him, that's why she looked so shocked

Well this was really heart wrenching. I hope Artemis and Bizarro are ok.