Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Just makes things even more confusing

Is Tom Hollands Spider-man done now with the MCU after Avengers 4

Are they talking about Tom Hollands Spider-man showing up in Kraven , or some other rebooted Spider-man

Although Kraven could come out about the same time as Spider-man 3 , so maybe the could combine the two movies

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post

Didn't he sign up a 6 movies deal? So far he's got Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, Avengers 4, and Far From Home. A 6th appearance before this contract expires is on the way.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post

Are they talking about Tom Hollands Spider-man showing up in Kraven , or some other rebooted Spider-man

Although Kraven could come out about the same time as Spider-man 3 , so maybe the could combine the two movies
    Well, a recent Variety article stated that Sony has been wanting to bring their other characters, other than Spider-Man, over to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well as the other way around. I think that Sony will probably be pushing for more overlap in their films and the shared Spider-Man that they have in their next negotiation for the Marvel/Sony deal. If Feige doesn't want to do that, I think that Sony has two separate options: 1) they could Control+F all the Spider-Man parts of their script and insert Venom instead or 2) they could bring Spider-Man back.

However, as we're about to note...

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Didn't he sign up a 6 movies deal? So far he's got Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, Avengers 4, and Far From Home. A 6th appearance before this contract expires is on the way.
    He has a six film deal overall but that deal is with Sony, not Marvel. So, the contract with Holland extends past the life of the deal with Marvel. The idea is that if Sony takes back Spider-Man, they can soft reboot him into their universe by having Tom Holland as Spider-Man there as well. Of course, we don't know the full extent of what the deal states. Perhaps they are more strict about this than I understand. Still, I think it says something that they have signed for a deal that extends even beyond the life of the deal.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I'm sure a lot will depend on who they cast as Kravin

Unclear where exactly Michael Keaton's Vulture and Jake Gyllenhaal's Mysterio will fit into all of this , are they part of the MCU , or are they part of Sony's Spiderverse

Could Kravin lead to a Sinister Six movie , or will the characters be no-related

A website called The Illuminerdi claims that they've seen a casting grid for the movie. This was later covered by the Mary Sue, and comicbook.com, which suggests that they're taking it seriously.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I guess he would go after other superpowered people or other animal totems. Spidey's got a list of 80+ supervillains so revamp some D-Listers and Ben's your uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A website called The Illuminerdi claims that they've seen a casting grid for the movie. This was later covered by the Mary Sue, and comicbook.com, which suggests that they're taking it seriously.
    ...I continue to question Sony's creative choices.

Yeah, I think this is a bad idea.

From a marketing standpoint, Kraven has very limited Name ID. This is a movie that works if the audience is aware that the lead will later fight Spider-Man. That's a weird sell.

I'm also concerned about the writer. Richard Wenk doesn't exactly have a record of working on critically acclaimed films. There are some writers who do crappy movies for studios and then knock it out of the park when they have more creative freedom (Craig Mazin wrote the Hangover and Scary Movie sequels before excelling with the Chernobyl mini-series) but I don't see any indication he's one of them.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, I think this is a bad idea.

From a marketing standpoint, Kraven has very limited Name ID. This is a movie that works if the audience is aware that the lead will later fight Spider-Man. That's a weird sell.

I'm also concerned about the writer. Richard Wenk doesn't exactly have a record of working on critically acclaimed films. There are some writers who do crappy movies for studios and then knock it out of the park when they have more creative freedom (Craig Mazin wrote the Hangover and Scary Movie sequels before excelling with the Chernobyl mini-series) but I don't see any indication he's one of them.
    Not to mention he's one of the only major Lee/Ditko villains we haven't gotten in the movies, and the MCU is probably his best chance at this point.

Look, I hate to wish ill on something, but only by Morbius absolutely failing will we all be spared. The good news is that my magic 8-ball says it looks likely
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Look, I hate to wish ill on something, but only by Morbius absolutely failing will we all be spared. The good news is that my magic 8-ball says it looks likely
    I think people said the same thing about Venom...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people said the same thing about Venom...
    Venom had name recognition as a character to help bolster it's marketability. Morbius doesn't quite have that saving grace

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Venom had name recognition as a character to help bolster it's marketability. Morbius doesn't quite have that saving grace
    Yeah, but even that can only get you so far, and it still did surprisingly well despite lukewarm reactions to some of the promo material.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but even that can only get you so far, and it still did surprisingly well despite lukewarm reactions to some of the promo material.
    It's because there's a contingent of monsterlovers out there and everyone wants to boink the sexy squidgy alien

https://ew.com/movies/ariana-debose-kraven-the-hunter/

Ariana DeBose is going from the west side to Sony's Marvel universe.

The West Side Story star and recent Oscar nominee has joined the cast of the upcoming Kraven the Hunter movie, EW has confirmed. Former Quicksilver actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson is already on board to play the notorious villain Sergei Kravinoff, who, in the comics, is a legendary big-game hunter who frequently faces off against Spider-Man.

DeBose's exact role is being kept under wraps, but per Deadline, which first reported the news, she's expected to play the villainous Calypso. In the comics, Calypso is a voodoo priestess well-versed in potion-making and magic, and she frequently appears as an ally and love interest for Kraven.

Unless I'm really surprised, I'm prepared to be underwhelmed by the Kraven film. I support Ms. Debose continuing to get high profile acting roles, but I fear that this will end up being a waste of her talent, especially if this film ends up trafficking heavily in dated, racist voodoo tropes. Afro-Caribbean religion remains a reliable well for problematic depictions.

I'd rather that she were a part of the Disney-Marvel world. Of course, legally, unless there's some exclusivity clause in her contract, she could theoretically still end up with an MCU role, but....