Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sony exists to make Marvel Studios look twice as brilliant.

*rolling my eyes*

You know I hate Sony since I had no faith and interest watching their movies, Jumanji 2 might be a success but that doesn't mean the studio still suffering due to terrible creative, Alienating premises and awful marketing and the people who are working there needs to be out since they drop the ball (I.e. Amy Pascal, Tom Rothman and Avi Arad)
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

God I hope Disney buys Sony to end this madness.

- Jason G. Carr

Amazing Member

What's next? A Kangaroo-movie? Maybe you can have Kraven hunting down all these animal-themed characters? I don't know. What I do know is that Sony is really, really desperate in their own hunt for successful franchises now.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i know its hard for us to divorce these characters from their role as ancillary elements to spider-man, but sony are probably looking at them as fresh IP concepts to be mined in their own rights. and they might be right in some cases.

dematteis compared him to a driven, tortured dostoyevsky character. which to me, sounds like a great basis for a movie. that sounds like a character that can sustain itself for at least one story.

yeah, they are more than likely still banking that the brand pulls in that fan cash...but 50 shades "'worked" commercially despite (in fact, due to) moving far away from its source material.

i'll keep an open mind for now
    That's fine, but these aren't fresh IPs for some greedy company to scoop up: these are truly defined and refined characters that have years of backstory that make them unique and different when they interact. Kraven is interesting as a Spider-Man villain, not on his own (unless it's for "Kraven's Last Hunt"). That's about it. Other than that, I neither see nor want a story that diverts from that. Otherwise, they should just make a new IP.

I know you're trying to be optimistic, and I can understand it, but this is not going to end well for Sony.

I kind of wish Venom flops so that Sony just shelves all these horrible Spider-Man spin-offs without Spider-Man. I know it's really dickish to wish a film would flop, but Sony just... ugrrh.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

At some point these aren't really going to be comic book movies anymore, they'll just be movies vaguely based off a comic book I have a feeling they'll take the base concept of Kraven and do whatever they want with it to where he'll be unrecognizable to comic fans.

That being said what if the antagonist was Chameleon? That could be interesting.

Astonishing Member

Dunno.
    A bit difficult to know if the movie will be good or not at this stage.
    Depending of the script and production values a movie with just Kraven could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    That's fine, but these aren't fresh IPs for some greedy company to scoop up: these are truly defined and refined characters that have years of backstory that make them unique and different when they interact. Kraven is interesting as a Spider-Man villain, not on his own (unless it's for "Kraven's Last Hunt"). That's about it. Other than that, I neither see nor want a story that diverts from that. Otherwise, they should just make a new IP.

I know you're trying to be optimistic, and I can understand it, but this is not going to end well for Sony.
    if i were a betting man, i'd agree. i don't like sony's chances

and i'm not so much being optimistic so much as professional. the IP is sony's to mine, otherwise it sits there doing nothing. and if they can pull it off, i'll be impressed. it has happened in the past (rarely), it can happen again.

if a similar project to this had come across my desk when i was a full-time producer, i'd have seen it as a challenge. but i'm irreverent about stuff generally. i get where the fans are coming from.

and "make new ip" sounds great on paper, but the current climate in hollywood is possibly the worst ever to do that in
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I mean, if they tie it to Venom, that would make sense.

You have this jaded hunter who has hunted everything on Earth or just enough he just doesn't have the same thrill anymore to find out something from another world showed up right on his doorstep. That sounds like more than enough, but I am reluctant to call that more than enough reason to make a movie.
    Exactly, hunting Venom would make sense, but if that is what they are aiming for, why not just make him Venom's antagonist in a sequel? (if there is one) Making a movie about Kraven seems like a weird choice.

BANNED

Perhaps the villains could be two of Kraven's kids from the 90s

I was with them for Morbius but I wanted Kraven for Black Panther.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    if i were a betting man, i'd agree. i don't like sony's chances

and i'm not so much being optimistic so much as professional. the IP is sony's to mine, otherwise it sits there doing nothing. and if they can pull it off, i'll be impressed. it has happened in the past (rarely), it can happen again.

if a similar project to this had come across my desk when i was a full-time producer, i'd have seen it as a challenge. but i'm irreverent about stuff generally. i get where the fans are coming from.

and "make new ip" sounds great on paper, but the current climate in hollywood is possibly the worst ever to do that in
    Granted, with the amount of material with the character they have to work with, this might end up feeling more like an entirely original IP altogether .

I could see this working if he's put in a Savage Land kind of environment. I don't know who owns the rights to the Savage Land but I can see him fitting into a "Lost World" adventure where he's neither hero nor villain just the world's greatest hunter against the world's biggest game. Hired or challenged to accompany an expedition to bring back proof that dinosaurs exist.

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted, with the amount of material with the character they have to work with, this might end up feeling more like an entirely original IP altogether .
    fair call chaaarrrrr10
    troo fan or death