Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    I could see this working if he's put in a Savage Land kind of environment. I don't know who owns the rights to the Savage Land but I can see him fitting into a "Lost World" adventure where he's neither hero nor villain just the world's greatest hunter against the world's biggest game. Hired or challenged to accompany an expedition to bring back proof that dinosaurs exist.

*sigh*

Would watch.

Other than "Kraven's Last Hunt" does anyone really care about Kraven?

He's always been a boring villain to me. The whole "I must hunt The Spider" doesn't make for good villain motivation.

This does not seem like a good idea. While Kraven has had one of the best arcs of any comic book villain with the Last Hunt, he needs some kind of superhero to play off of.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Looks like Amy Pascal is going to have her stupid cinematic universe whatever we like it or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Looks like Amy Pascal is going to have her stupid cinematic universe whatever we like it or not...
    Let's wait and see if they movies deliver before writing it off or not?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    my take as well, but i'm biased

alot of people seem to have trouble taking kraven out of the context they're familiar with, which is what sony have to be able to do if this is going to be successful. again, i don't like their chances, but i'm interested to see the execution.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

I wonder who the villain will be. Hunters who prey on animals on the near instinct list? Faceless corporation? Corrupt government regime?

When studios start making the villain the main protagonists I guess there will be generic antagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Other than "Kraven's Last Hunt" does anyone really care about Kraven?

He's always been a boring villain to me. The whole "I must hunt The Spider" doesn't make for good villain motivation.
    I think it's fine motivation for a villain...when they are villain.

It's all in the execution .

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I wonder who the villain will be. Hunters who prey on animals on the near instinct list? Faceless corporation? Corrupt government regime?

When studios start making the villain the main protagonists I guess there will be generic antagonists.
    the way i imagine this working is kraven as a superpowered anti villain version of captain ahab. in that way, all he needs is a super powered "moby dick" to hunt and get angsty over

if they're going with the shared universe thing...venom might end up as spidey's stand in?
    troo fan or death

BANNED

The complete and utter fail that was ASM 2 didn't stopped her last time.
    And don't let me start with Ghostbusters. A film that has Pascal's signature all over the place.

The complete and utter fail that was ASM 2 didn't stopped her last time.
    Well, ASM2's poorer reception did kill that iteration of Sony's planned Spider-Man cinematic universe

And don't let me start with Ghostbusters. A film that has Pascal's signature all over the place.
    I haven't seen it yet myself, so I can't comment on that, although my understanding is that while the movie didn't recoup it's budget and was a target for misogyny, it had a reasonably positive reception from critics and general audiences who saw it. Make of that what you will.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Well, ASM2's poorer reception did kill that iteration of Sony's planned Spider-Man cinematic universe

I haven't seen it yet myself, so I can't comment on that, although my understanding is that while the movie didn't recoup it's budget and was a target for misogyny, it had a reasonably positive reception from critics and general audiences who saw it. Make of that what you will.

it’s much easier to play with or reinvent an ip if there isn’t a fan-base already heavily invested in only allowing “their” preference to exist

which is partly why ocean’s 8 didn’t receive as much hate (and misogyny) as ghostbusters...

a lack of vocal fan base might actually be in kraven’s favour
    troo fan or death

I don’t know if he’d be too old or not (still in pretty good shape), but Dolph Lundgren with dyed black hair and a mustache could also make a very good Kraven.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

1) Yes, that's true but it didn't stopped for good. A Venom movie might have a solid chance of success, all though, the absence of Spider-Man could hurt, but a Morbius movie? A Kraven movie? For God's shake, a Jackpot movie? Even with Spider-Man, Jackpot was a completely boring subplot that quickly faded away...

2)It was not a bad movie. It had it's problems but it was not a bad movie. It annoyed me by the way it depicted men (as a gay man, i am a supporter of equality between the genders, i do not support misogyny by any means but i didn't like the way it depicted males as complete morons, there's a huge difference).

What bugs me with Pascal is that she tries to build her own thing based on very fragile fountations putting the Sony/Marvel deal with Spider-Man on the rocks in order to build it.
    We all saw that interview she took along with Feige during the promotion of Homecoming. We all saw how Feige reacted hearing Pascal proclaiming what she proclaimed. Clearly he heard something he didn't expected to hear or worse, something he didn't agreed to hear.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 08-11-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Kraven in the Savage Land might be fun but wouldn’t pretty much all the most logical characters from that neck of the woods not be under that licence? Just have him fight Vermin or something.