Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    1) Yes, that's true but it didn't stopped for good. A Venom movie might have a solid chance of success, all though, the absence of Spider-Man could hurt, but a Morbius movie? A Kraven movie? For God's shake, a Jackpot movie? Even with Spider-Man, Jackpot was a completely boring subplot that quickly faded away...
    People were saying the same thing when Marvel Studios announced a movie about a raccoon and a talking tree a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    2)It was not a bad movie. It had it's problems but it was not a bad movie. It annoyed me by the way it depicted men (as a gay man, i am a supporter of equality between the genders, i do not support misogyny by any means but i didn't like the way it depicted males as complete morons, there's a huge difference).

What bugs me with Pascal is that she tries to build her own thing based on very fragile fountations putting the Sony/Marvel deal with Spider-Man on the rocks in order to build it.
    We all saw that interview she took along with Feige during the promotion of Homecoming. We all saw how Feige reacted hearing Pascal proclaiming what she proclaimed. Clearly he heard something he didn't expected to hear or worse, something he didn't agreed to hear.
    I see.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    People were saying the same thing when Marvel Studios announced a movie about a raccoon and a talking tree a few years ago.

I see.
    1)People were sceptical for the Guardians, that's true. But it is one thing to have some doubts about a franchise expanding into risky territories ( but with well established hits in their roaster) and another thing to try to build a house without using cement.

2) If that will make you feel better, i would have said the exact same thing if Feige was acting like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    People forget that raccoon had a few mini's under his belt before they made a movie out of him .

Astonishing Member

Kevin Feige should give every GOTG cast a single movie and run with it. If Sony is confident that most of Spidey's supporting cast can get their own movie, time to for MCU to do the same thing with it's team movies. Divide the groups and conquer the box office. Fantastic Four? No, make that four separate movies please! And separate ones for the villains too! Oh man is the MCU going to dominate for decades!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People forget that raccoon had a few mini's under his belt before they made a movie out of him .
    Something the general audience (the ones who make the backbone of the MCU's audience) would neither know or care about.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

was it the GotG comic fans that made the movie a success, or was it the movie that put the comic on the map?
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    was it the GotG comic fans that made the movie a success, or was it the movie that put the comic on the map?
    DnA did a lot for Guardians before the film but I don't think it can be denied that the film helped make the book more of a presence in the Marvel Comics line-up - not quite a tentpole, but I can't imagine their publishing line-up without it now.

That said, what Sony is doing here oozes desperation. No mas.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Screenwriter Richard Wenk made some interesting comments in an interview, suggesting the plan is to have the film set in the world of the Spider-Man movies, with one film telling Kraven's story, and another pitting him against Spidey.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10...man-last-hunt/

There's some potential in the idea (a bit like what M. Night Shyamalan did with Split) but there is a risk of backfire. What happens with a Spider-Man VS Kraven film if the Kraven solo film meant to set it up is a critical and commercial flop? Wenk's critical track record isn't that great. Neither of his Equalizer films have the rotten tomatoes score of any MCU movie.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Screenwriter Richard Wenk made some interesting comments in an interview, suggesting the plan is to have the film set in the world of the Spider-Man movies, with one film telling Kraven's story, and another pitting him against Spidey.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10...man-last-hunt/

There's some potential in the idea (a bit like what M. Night Shyamalan did with Split) but there is a risk of backfire. What happens with a Spider-Man VS Kraven film if the Kraven solo film meant to set it up is a critical and commercial flop? Wenk's critical track record isn't that great. Neither of his Equalizer films have the rotten tomatoes score of any MCU movie.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It’s an interesting idea but I don’t think Kraven is the right character for it.

What interesting story is there to tell about Kraven (without Spider-Man) that deserves its own movie?

I hope it gets canceled. Spider-Man universe without Spider-Man is as stupid as Aunt May's solo movie idea. There is no way in the world that Feige would merge MCU with some bootleg fake universe of Sony.
    For Pete's sake, Sony, why won't you make movies about Spider-Man 2099/Noir? Leave alone classic Spidey and let Marvel Studios do the work.

There is possibility of Sony ruining things even more. I don't know much about legal movie rights but they can just "take" Spider-Man from MCU, right? Now that would be a disaster.

maybe sony can give holland and wig and start a ben reillly series
    troo fan or death

BANNED

The movie will be inspired directly by Kraven's Last Hunt and will involve Spider-Man

https://www.newsarama.com/42298-sony...last-hunt.html

I'd rather that Spider-Man was not in this movie. how are you setting him up as a "protagonist" when he's trying to capture and kill a virtuous hero like Spider-Man? No. I don't accept this.

Better to set Kraven against some folks who are just as bad. I'd also get away from the "publicly-known big-game animal hunter" aspect and have him be super-expensive "hitman/mercenary" who prefers "old school, non-gun" hunting weapons. You can still include the backstory of the Russian family wealth, etc. I'm not hung up on including the Chameleon as a retconned foster brother, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The movie will be inspired directly by Kraven's Last Hunt and will involve Spider-Man

https://www.newsarama.com/42298-sony...last-hunt.html
    You just keep doing you Sony .