Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Default The Watchers Appreciation...

(I couldn't find any threads dedicated to them with the search tool, so hopefully I am not overstepping here...)

I'm new to comics, but have been trying to research the Watchers because I like the premise behind them and they have a really cool design.

Share your favorite appearances or any new sightings. Recently I have seen them in Cosmic Ghost Rider and Exiles. Let me know if they are involved anywhere else!
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

"The Wonder of the Watcher!"
    The Watcher observes a team of doctors attempting to save a patient in the emergency room.
    The patient dies, and the doctor laments the fact that humanity does not have the technology and ability to save everyone.
    The Watcher also laments the fact that he cannot intervene.

In a long flashback, the Watcher details why he and his race cannot interfere in the affairs of other races.
    Many eons ago when the Milky Way was still forming, the Watcher's race was already ancient.
    In possession of technology far more advanced than any other race in the galaxy, the Watcher's people are in disagreement:
    find other races and lift them up from their primitive excistence or pursue a policy of noninterference.
    The Watcher's father, Ikor, supports the former policy and Emnu, a rival, supports the latter.
    Ultimately, Ikor's side wins out and their race travels the stars, finding a planet called Prosilicus.

The Prosilicans are given the gift of unlimited atomic energy and are left to their own devices.
    Advancing thousands of years in just a short time, some of the Prosilicans choose to create offensive weapons and attack a nearby planet.
    In an act of mutually assured destruction, the other planet sends its own nuclear attack at Prosilicus. Both are quickly destroyed.
    Confronted by a Prosilican crawling from the rubble of his destroyed planet, the Watcher and his father resolve to stay out of the affairs of other species.

Back-up from Silver Surfer #1 Aug 1968

Written by Stan Lee. Art by Gene Colan and Syd Shores.

Awesome post!

Thanks for sharing that information and giving my thread a chance!
    Baby Thanos

Edit:

Delete me, I am a double post.
    Last edited by catbellysqueezer; 08-08-2018 at 03:36 AM.
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

Avengers #363 Jun 1993
    "A Gathering of Hate!"
    Using the Anti-Vision, the Avengers take the fight straight to the Gatherers' citadel to rescue their Vision and finally come face-to-face with Proctor.
    Ute, the fallen Watcher of another timeline, is revealed to be the root of Proctor's Gatherers,

and Proctor tells the Avengers that Sersi is the cause of so many Earths' destructions.

Proctor's citadel self-destructs as Uatu the Watcher warns the Avengers of even further hardships.

Cameo appearances by the Watcher, Empress Lilandra, Henry Pym, Bill Foster, and the Swordsman.
    Avengers Lineup: Black Knight, Black Widow, Captain America, Crystal, Hercules, Sersi, and the Vision.

Script by Bob Harras. Pencils by Steve Epting. Inks by Tom Palmer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    I like the premise behind them and they have a really cool design.
    I agree To me Jack "King" Kirby EXCELLED at really cool designs.

BANNED

"The Coming of the Krills!"
    The Watcher tells a story he has seen in Earth's history.

An extraterrestrial special forces unit infiltrates a remote radar outpost in Canada.
    The outpost is manned by two people: Lou and the unnamed hero of the story.
    Lou is growing tired of the loneliness of the job, but his partner recognizes the importance of their work.
    The aliens break into the outpost, taking the men prisoner and revealing themselves as the Krill from the Ninth Galaxy.
    Their mission is to destroy Earth's radar capabilities so their war fleet massed in the planet's orbit can land and avoid humanity's atomic weapons.

The Krill would rather bribe the men than kill them and offer them wealth and riches,
    eventually upping the ante to giving them the most beautiful women in the galaxy to marry.
    Lou accepts their offer but gets into a fistfight with our hero, who is then incapacitated by a Krill ray gun.

The hero awakens from his paralysis and presses the alarm button while Lou screams in terror as he is shown his new bride:
    a Krill woman who, while beautiful to the Krill, is not easy on the eyes for a human. With the alarm sounded, the invasion is defeated.
    Back-up from Silver Surfer #2 Oct 1968

Written by Stan Lee. Art by Gene Colan and Paul Reinman.

Does anyone know where I can go to read the "Tales of the Watcher" series from Tales of Suspense?

They are not available on the Marvel Unlimited app.
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

Fantastic Four #20 Nov 1963
    Origin and first appearance of the Molecule Man in "The Mysterious Molecule Man!"

The Watcher asks the Fantastic Four to stop a new menace who could destroy the whole universe:

the Molecule Man!

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Dick Ayers

BANNED

"Why Won't They Believe Me?"
    The Watcher tells yet another story he has seen in Earth's history.

A man comes upon a crashed alien spaceship and discovers a log book detailing plans for the alien spy to shapeshift into a human form upon landing.
    He panics and attempts to notify the police and army,

but they scoff and tell him to go to the space agency, which he does.
    He shows the professor the log book and the professor pulls a gun on him.
    The man thinks it couldn't be possible that of all the millions on Earth he went straight to the alien spy in disguise.
    The professor denies he is the alien and holds out the log book which is written in a non-human language.

"Only the alien could have read the contents of this book," he says.
    "You hit your head in the crash landing and temporarily forgot your identity."
    Back-up from Silver Surfer #3 Dec 1968

Written by Stan Lee. Art by Gene Colan and Paul Reinman.