Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is there anything from your own political party or side that you disagree with?

For the left-leaning people on this site: What are things from Liberals or the Left that you disagree with (other than the obvious Communist/Stalinist/Maoist BS)?

For the right-leaning people on this site: What are things from Conservatives or the Right that you disagree with (other than the obvious Alt-Right/Nazi/KKK BS)?

Which side do more people on this site lean towards? Left-Wing? Right-Wing? Centre? Give me your reasons why. Thank you.

Boisterously Confused

I don't have a party. I disagree with conservatives' insistence that aristocratic wealth is earned and its dismissal of poverty as evolutionarily wise response to a character flaw. At the same time, I diagree with liberals' insistence that failure is always a function of a game rigged by capitalism, and that patriarchal western civilization is the source of all evils and inequities.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    For the left-leaning people on this site: What are things from Liberals or the Left that you disagree with (other than the obvious Communist/Stalinist/Maoist BS)?

For the right-leaning people on this site: What are things from Conservatives or the Right that you disagree with (other than the obvious Alt-Right/Nazi/KKK BS)?

Which side do more people on this site lean towards? Left-Wing? Right-Wing? Centre? Give me your reasons why. Thank you.
    I'm a liberal but I disagree with some of the things Democrats do if only because it makes them be received as cartoonish and trivial. Gay rights yes. "Choose your own gender bathrooms" no.

On a more serious level, I think there's a tendency to just assume groups like the police and sometimes the school systems are in the wrong without having a clue yet what happened, what the evidence is.

But compared to the threat to social security, the economy, the environment and decades of rights that have slowly built up in this nation, Conservatives are overwhelmingly more of a threat.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

I'm left of centre. There are certain things I disagree with in my political sphere.

Race relations would be a primary one, particularly concerning an increased over-emphasis on racial identity over national and cultural identity and race being presented as an increasingly defining trait instead of being a part of a whole. I would also say affirmative action being enacted, sans any situation specific examples of racial bias, seems like a double edged sword that's creating racial preference in an otherwise open job market, though some companies I've heard will negate any gender/ racial identifiers on resumes to avoid any accusations of bias.

Demonizing the opposition, while not inherent strictly to the left, is something that's gotten worse from that sphere in recent years, in my view, taking things out of context, damning people by association, talking over people instead of to people. This divisive attempt at monopolizing public discourse and the resentment it fosters I would say played a key role in certain recent political outcomes disadvantageous to left-wing principles retaining prevalence in the west.

In terms of culture, there's an inability to recognize the safety and comfort a protected, secured border nation state provides, as well as the need for a certain level of cultural assimilation in regards to immigration to circumvent dangerous cultural clashes.

Trying to minimize and excuse crime statistics when they aren't favorable to particular demographics is something I've noticed as well, wherein fully acknowledging the extent of the contributing factors for given crime stats and working on community based solutions in the long term isn't something I'm seeing legitimate progress with, though I'm happy to hear good examples of progress being made. These crime statistics, something I've noticed is demographics with a larger percentage of strong family units, 2 parent households, tend to be less represented. Which, 2 parent households should get at least as much encouragement from mainstream media as single parent, if not moreso. Though the opposite seems to be the trend.

Those would be the gripes and musings on them that come to mind from my end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I believe that some of the illegal immigrants are leeching off the welfare all paid by taxpayer dime.
    Don't forget that some non-immigrants also leech of it, and that illegal immigrants still are taxpayers.

Extraordinary Member

They haven’t made me king yet

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

But compared to the threat to social security, the economy, the environment and decades of rights that have slowly built up in this nation, Conservatives are overwhelmingly more of a threat.
    Which is why people are scared to criticize the ineptitude of the democratic party (for whatever reason, and i do have mine), cause the alternative is seen as terrifyingly WORSE.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 08-03-2018 at 08:15 PM.

I'm pretty far left on almost every subject.

Welfare is something that I think we need to take a look at as far as the number of people who are blatantly leeching off the system. I do realize, however, that the amount of money 'wasted' on people who are taking advantage of these social programs is dwarfed by how much we spend on corporate welfare and unnecessary military pork. Even so, I wouldn't be opposed to certain measures which weeded out the laziest among welfare recipients, even going so far as removing children from them until they get their act together. I would also support extra funding for programs which helped to educate and/or provide resources to programs that would help welfare recipients become more employable.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I'm on the left and I mostly disagree with "they go low, we go high." I don't think it works in the age of FoxNews.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I'm pretty far left on almost every subject.

Welfare is something that I think we need to take a look at as far as the number of people who are blatantly leeching off the system.
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

The notion that need to 'hunt for welfare leeches', who are actually vanishingly small in number, leads to results like drug testing welfare recipients and 'project 100%'.
    And there was the homeless mother of two who was denied benefits until she was forced to confront her abusive stepfather.
    These stories — of unannounced, warrantless home searches — provide a brief glimpse into the harrowing experiences impoverished parents and individuals have gone through when applying for public assistance in San Diego.
    Project 100%, a program launched in 1997 and currently managed by the San Diego County’s Department of Child Support Services, employs investigators to go into the homes of potential welfare recipients in order to further verify eligibility for government aid.
    I'm not gonna say people never flout rules to try to maximize what the government will do for them, but instead of making people dance through hoops, we could just help.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 08-04-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Without touching the "Morality" aspect of this "Leeching" business, you might want to consider how much money you would have to spend to police abuse and put together programs to create a more employable "Leech".

You've go to be able to be honest with yourself about when you would be throwing away far more money in an attempt to try to wipe out what is likely an incredibly small amount of "Leeching".

I agree. They should not make the welfare recipients too dependent on the system. If they refuse to support themselves fully, then cut them off from welfare and let them either face the harsh reality or die a useless death.

"Feed a man fish and he will live for one day. Teach him how to fish and he will live a lifetime."
    "Waste enough money, and you could have fed everyone until doomsday."

I agree. They should not make the welfare recipients too dependent on the system. If they refuse to support themselves fully, then cut them off from welfare and let them either face the harsh reality or die a useless death.

"Feed a man fish and he will live for one day. Teach him how to fish and he will live a lifetime."
    How about not.

Damn double posts.

The lack of a list of basic tenets or clear cohesive message from the Democratic party is frustrating. It sometimes feels like we're rudderless.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe