Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Ok, but what about the ones who don't
    Welp, they, if they even exist, are still a million times better than the ones who are violently opposed to the very concept of healthcare, will fight tooth and claw to strip you of what you have, and can be recognised by the R next to their name.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Oh look, an angry baby throwing a tantrum.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Welp, they, if they even exist, are still a million times better than the ones who are violently opposed to the very concept of healthcare, will fight tooth and claw to strip you of what you have, and can be recognised by the R next to their name.
    So you would vote for this guy
    Baby Thanos

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    What is this board's general view on Libertarianism and Classical Liberalism? From a social and cultural standpoint especially?
    I can't speak for the board. IMO, Libertarianism is conceptually flawed in its desire to believe that one may exercise their rights in a vacuum, and that any conflict of rights between two or more people is guaranteed equitable settlement without a third party. IMO, too many Libertarians want the benefits of living in a civil society without any responsibilities for that society.

IMO, a true Libertarian can only be found living on a farm in the wilderness, getting by with the tools made with their own hands, and a few hand-made commodities obtained through trade with other, neighboring Libertarians. Any life more sophisticated requires the support of a social system, which inherently imposes constraints on an individual's liberty through both law and mores.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 08-17-2018 at 11:15 AM.

BANNED

So you would vote for this guy
    Well, I'm not legally allowed, and he's not runnning. And he has a really lazy campaign website.

But if it were 2016 and I were a Minnesotan, sure, yes. I mean, have you looked at Dave Hughes?

Well, I'm not legally allowed, and he's not runnning. And he has a really lazy campaign website.

But if it were 2016 and I were a Minnesotan, sure, yes. I mean, have you looked at Dave Hughes?
    Ok, you basically are just a fan of a team at this point.
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

Ok, you basically are just a fan of a team at this point.
    I'm more a fan of survival.

If one guy is kinda neutral about about decent healthcare, not really being for single payer, but not really against it either, while the other not only is violently opposed, but will also work hard to destroy what healthcare I have, I know who gets my vote.

Realist politics: don't vote for the one that promises you the sun and the moon. Vote AGAINST the one that is actively doing his best to kill you.

I'm more a fan of survival.

If one guy is kinda neutral about about decent healthcare, not really being for single payer, but not really against it either, while the other not only is violently opposed, but will also work hard to destroy what healthcare I have, I know who gets my vote.

Realist politics: don't vote for the one that promises you the sun and the moon. Vote AGAINST the one that is actively doing his best to kill you.
    That guy voted against the ACA.
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

That guy voted against the ACA.
    Would Dave Hughes have vote for it?

Would Dave Hughes have vote for it?
    I wouldn't have voted for Dave Hughes either.
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

I wouldn't have voted for Dave Hughes either.
    See, I believe voting is important. It's something people have literally died for in order to make it a reality.
    If Dude a is even a sliver of a percentage better than Dude b, then you have to vote for him if you don't want things to get worse.

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose."

Incredible Member

Cultural exchange and cultural appropriation are different things.
    The first is awesome, while the second goes hand in hand with large power imbalances between the cultures involved, and perhaps would better be called cultural exploitation..
    So, when one culture adopts the style of another, whether it's hair styling, cuisine, music, art, where does the horror story start? Does the original culture become incapable of having that styling, cuisine, music or art just because they're sharing the experience with others? This comes off as xenophobic, if I'm being blunt

See, I believe voting is important. It's something people have literally died for in order to make it a reality.
    If Dude a is even a sliver of a percentage better than Dude b, then you have to vote for him if you don't want things to get worse.

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose."
    I'm sure the people who died would be thrilled to know you voted for someone who thinks we should legalize hate crimes which is slightly better than the other side who wants to commit them.
    Baby Thanos

I'm sure the people who died would be thrilled to know you voted for someone who thinks we should legalize hate crimes which is slightly better than the other side who wants to commit them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I can't speak for the board. IMO, Libertarianism is conceptually flawed in its desire to believe that one may exercise their rights in a vacuum, and that any conflict of rights between two or more people is guaranteed equitable settlement without a third party. IMO, too many Libertarians want the benefits of living in a civil society without any responsibilities for that society.

IMO, a true Libertarian can only be found living on a farm in the wilderness, getting by with the tools made with their own hands, and a few hand-made commodities obtained through trade with other, neighboring Libertarians. Any life more sophisticated requires the support of a social system, which inherently imposes constraints on an individual's liberty through both law and mores.
    Good answer. Well said.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe