Thread: Walmart comics

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Default Walmart comics

It’s officially August! Do we know the dates when these things get released every month? Is it on a Wed or a Friday?

I realize this is the wrong section for this but I couldn’t find the Walmart thread

Quote Originally Posted by Question1987 View Post
    It’s officially August! Do we know the dates when these things get released every month? Is it on a Wed or a Friday?

I realize this is the wrong section for this but I couldn’t find the Walmart thread
    Link...

- http://community.comicbookresources....-future-market

Figured this was as good a place as any to say I miss DC anthology books! Ones with reprints and ones with original stories only, like World's Finest #269 which I just finished...

It started with a story about Superman and Robin looking for Batman who was buried alive but rescued himself (15 pp.) and was followed by original stories about Green Arrow (8 pp.), Hawkman and Hawkgirl (8 pp.), Red Tornado (8 pp.), Captain Marvel Jr. (10 pp.). And they were each by known, top talent at DC at the time. The Capt. Marvel Jr. story was by E. Nelson Bridwell and Don Newton but there was a name creator on each story.

I also love reprints, especially when I think about kids picking up these comics and hopefully accidentally getting hooked. I remember how important it was to my early addiction to comics that I was always learning more about the history of the DCU through reprints of back issues I could never afford to buy as a kid. All wrapped up in 80 cent or one dollar "giants."